Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    He is absolutely beautiful, a really cute picture, thank you for doing that.

Gorgeous photos, what a lovely location. Looks like a very therapeutic place to visit to get away from it all.
    Thanks for posting them, I really appreciate it.

Right..must be strict with myself and work now.
    Lovely pic of Max!
    Thank you for posting your photos, I enjoyed looking at them.

Max is so adorable, a real cutie.

Thanks everyone. Max is indeed a smashing boy!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very true. Judging on rooms, facilities, breakfasts etc makes sense, but the programme is really directed more towards value for money.
    Somewhere charging £200 a night is going to have to be extraordinary to be better value for money than a £60 a night establishment.
    When I watch. I often think that a place may look great, but do I honestly think its worth double or treble the price an inferior place may be charging.

I guess it would all depend on the circumstances of your stay. Away on business, I'm not going to be around the place a lot, clean and comfortable would be enough. Away for the weekend with my wife, I would be prepared to pay more for a few little luxuries.

Sorry..double post. How do you delete ?

Agreed. Last week's Knock Castle wasn't worth anything like £200 per night, whereas Satis House was worth £165.

Both are very expensive (way outside my price range), but I would happily pay £165 to Satis House because I thought the guys who ran it did an excellent job, are clearly customer-focused and the place had the wow factor.

However, generally speaking Ashculme House at £60 per night is more my kind of B&B - and excellent value (despite the lack of tv).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Hi all

I thought this week's 4IAB was a bit underwhelming really. The YS is not a B&B it's a self catering let, Satis House is more hotel than B&B (they have staff and a spa area!) so neither should have been included for me. I would never pay £165 for a B&B.
    So for me the two real winners were Megan and Dick and Judith and John - try as I might and as much as I love Cornwall; I could not warm to Megan. The outside of the property was pretty ugly too although fairly typical of a lot of Cornish properties. It was VFM though.
    My favourite was Judith and Johns' - I don't mind a bit of dust so long as the bed and pillows are spotlessly clean and I love spiders. I also do not mind the lack of a tv in the rooms, I have stayed in many places and the television never goes on.

I do think the Alfie and Phil turned out to be decent chaps and paid fairly, joining in the Phil debate though - I could be classed as cougar age but he did not do anything for me. Boxer's nose and that most off-putting thing for me - a Scouse accent:eek:

O Susana what is it about our accent you can't stand.?Philip has at least one in which you could actually distinguish his words:p
    There's Scouse accents and Scouse accents and my Mersey-snobbery comes to the fore when I hear a tirade of catarh and f-words but a nice "clean" Scouse accent ..well whozupwivdat?:p
    Again and again on DS we read how so many of yooze lot hate our dulcet tones..well I for one if I don't hear another Oh baaayyyb..it won't be too soon.
    And as I have said before on this forum (Ripper St if memory serves)..some of us are as honest as the day is long ( well a winter one in Denmark anyway) so why do we keep getting cast as crims...????:cry:
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    O Susana what is it about our accent you can't stand.?Philip has at least one in which you could actually distinguish his words:p
    There's Scouse accents and Scouse accents and my Mersey-snobbery comes to the fore when I hear a tirade of catarh and f-words but a nice "clean" Scouse accent ..well whozupwivdat?:p
    Again and again on DS we read how so many of yooze lot hate our dulcet tones..well I for one if I don't hear another Oh baaayyyb..it won't be too soon.
    And as I have said before on this forum (Ripper St if memory serves)..some of us are as honest as the day is long ( well a winter one in Denmark anyway) so why do we keep getting cast as crims...????:cry:

Oh sorry Liza - my sister lives in Liverpool, I have two nephews born in Liverpool and actually quite like the place. The accent however just makes me cringe - not as much as a Brum one though lol
    Nothing to do with "crims" though :)
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »

I think he talked dead nice, like, yer know. A mean, its norrasif he needed subtitles like wha other dead scouse scousers do. ...Clears throat and lapses back into received pronunciation. I am honest too...in fact...dead honest La...with love from the 'Pool
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love all the accents people seem to dislike! I love the Scouse, Jordie, Brummie and even some of the Essex accents! In fact, apart from the very strong Glaswegian accent, I can't think of any that I actively dislike! :)
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't like my accent then!
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't like my accent then!

I probably just wouldn't understand it! :o

I have a friend who is married to a Glaswegian, and every time I visit them I'm just getting to grips with what he is actually saying when it's time to go home lol, then I'm back to square one for the next time! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a favourite accent - I love the lilt of the Scottish Western Isles accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a teenager I went youth hostelling with three friends in the Lakes. We met up with 4 Geordie lads and..spent the entire time sayng "Pardon?" or " yerwhat?"
    I love most British accents and go postively weak kneed at some Irish accents..both North and South.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably just wouldn't understand it! :o

I have a friend who is married to a Glaswegian, and every time I visit them I'm just getting to grips with what he is actually saying when it's time to go home lol, then I'm back to square one for the next time! :D

Hehe, I live in Lanarkshire, but its a Glaswegian accent. Infact if you can get it, stick on River City and thats how I sound.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've got a broad Norfolk accent. A lot of people seem to steriotype, and associate a Norfolk accent with being thick, which I am not. But what really annoys me is plays etc on TV where the actors try to talk in a Norfolk accent, and it comes out more Somerset! That's an insult to both Norfolk & Somerset. We don't roll our rs. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered if this forthcoming programme may be of interest:

'House Guest in the Sun' on Sunday 27/1/13 at 9.25 - 10.20. (That funny early slot).

'The ultimate hosting challenge travels to the Costa del Sol'.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    It's in Blackpool yet again the week after next - http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/hoteliers-put-on-quite-a-show-1-5335023
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh goody. A snobby couple are on that week :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if this forthcoming programme may be of interest:

'House Guest in the Sun' on Sunday 27/1/13 at 9.25 - 10.20. (That funny early slot).

'The ultimate hosting challenge travels to the Costa del Sol'.

Will have to remember to watch that. :)
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know some of you are fans of The Hotel - I'm reasonably certain (unless I was dreaming while standing ironing... possible) that two of the guests on next week's Sunday Brunch are Mark and Alison from The Hotel. Viewers can tweet or email in questions for guests so there's your chance to pose some cheeky questions.

From 09.30, C4, Sunday mornings

Downside, of course, is having to suffer the host, Dim Lovejoy. Mark is probably an intellectual giant compared to Dim. Probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooky!

Just caught More4+1 and guess who's on it.

Butterfly Dave

Hurrah! I can now catch up :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people in a tent?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people in a tent?

Think because he only has two rooms!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think because he only has two rooms!

Ah right, I'm watching out the corner of my eye while watching criminal minds lol.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spooky!

Just caught More4+1 and guess who's on it.

Butterfly Dave

Hurrah! I can now catch up :p
    He was the nicest person on there but his B & B was the worst. Liked his paragliding teaching and he was what my dad called 'one of natures gentleman'. The ones who came third were put in their place and the ones who won had the best place - stunning - but he was a sneaky one.

Just realised you 're watching + hope I haven't given it away BG. I quickly spoilerised it. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    He was the nicest person on there but his B & B was the worst. Liked his paragliding teaching and he was what my dad called 'one of natures gentleman'. The ones who came third were put in their place and the ones who won had the best place - stunning - but he was a sneaky one.

Just realised you 're watching + hope I haven't given it away BG. I quickly spoilerised it. :o

No, you were fine - I hadnt spotted the spoiler before I saw the result :)

Melvyn WAS very sneaky...underpaying everyone.

Wayne could be irritating over time. Butterfly Dave was lovely - he came across as a really nice guy!

Glad I now know who he is!
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you were fine - I hadnt spotted the spoiler before I saw the result :)

Melvyn WAS very sneaky...underpaying everyone.

Wayne could be irritating over time. Butterfly Dave was lovely - he came across as a really nice guy!

Glad I now know who he is!

Me too - I'd missed that week completely and it was a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I know some of you are fans of The Hotel - I'm reasonably certain (unless I was dreaming while standing ironing... possible) that two of the guests on next week's Sunday Brunch are Mark and Alison from The Hotel. Viewers can tweet or email in questions for guests so there's your chance to pose some cheeky questions.

From 09.30, C4, Sunday mornings

Downside, of course, is having to suffer the host, Dim Lovejoy. Mark is probably an intellectual giant compared to Dim. Probably.

Yes, I heard this morning that he and Alison are on. Must remember to watch it next Sunday, as I dont normally bother (due to Tim "nice but Dim" on it :p)
This discussion has been closed.