What do we think of Emmerdales Amy?

superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
Forum Member
✭✭
I really like her, I hope she's longterm as I could see her developing into a favourite of mine. The actress has alot of potential aswell.

Comments

• Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good actress
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Good actress.

But we don't need another young person in the village.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    Good actress.

But we don't need another young person in the village.

I kind of agree, except I just think we don't need a new person at all. I know they have to replace all the characters going - The Wyldes, Shadrach, etc, but they have a huge cast as it is, and there have been so many newcomers it just the past month, it's hard to keep track. They should have never brought in Alicia :mad:

But I do like this Amy girl, and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far :)
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curlypubes wrote: »
    I kind of agree, except I just think we don't need a new person at all. I know they have to replace all the characters going - The Wyldes, Shadrach, etc, but they have a huge cast as it is, and there have been so many newcomers it just the past month, it's hard to keep track. They should have never brought in Alicia :mad:

But I do like this Amy girl, and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far :)

They've hardly brought in many new characters, theres only Alicia, Amy and abi. Isaac as well but hes only temporary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,685
    Forum Member
    thebill22 wrote: »
    They've hardly brought in many new characters, theres only Alicia, Amy and abi. Isaac as well but hes only temporary.

Hazel is still new, and you could consider Jackson new too, and his dad, and they're bringing in a new Home Farm family now (although they're needed) and then Alicia, Amy & Abi. I do like all the new additions, I have to say (except Alicia :mad:), but Emmerdale's cast is quite large already.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Hazel is still new, and you could consider Jackson new too, and his dad, and they're bringing in a new Home Farm family now (although they're needed) and then Alicia, Amy & Abi. I do like all the new additions, I have to say (except Alicia :mad:), but Emmerdale's cast is quite large already.

I agree - i don't see why they can't just use the cast they have now - i understand them bringing Jackson's dad in for the story, and i'm glad they have.

The home farm family - well i'm glad they've got someone knew(hopefully they'll stay longer than 2 years) but they could of added Faye and Ryan there - speaking of Ryan, there's no need to Abi, it's pointless IMO, same with Alicia and Amy.

I'd rather them focus on using the current cast more if i'm honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    She is good and livens the place up . I love the Geordie accent .
  • jeppajeppa Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    She`s Jill Halfpenny`s (ex EE and Coronation Street) sister isn`t she. She certainly has the same look.
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    I agree - i don't see why they can't just use the cast they have now - i understand them bringing Jackson's dad in for the story, and i'm glad they have.

The home farm family - well i'm glad they've got someone knew(hopefully they'll stay longer than 2 years) but they could of added Faye and Ryan there - speaking of Ryan, there's no need to Abi, it's pointless IMO, same with Alicia and Amy.

I'd rather them focus on using the current cast more if i'm honest.

Well Alicia isn't pointless as its giving Leyla a storyline who has'nt really had a storyline yet, Abi is a love interest for Ryan and i think is going to be involved in getting Ryan out and home farm family is needed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    jeppa wrote: »
    She`s Jill Halfpenny`s (ex EE and Coronation Street) sister isn`t she. She certainly has the same look.

It said in the credits that her surname is Halfpenny (can't remember her first name) and she definitely looks like her so I assume she's her sister.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea Halfpenny is Jill Halfpenny's niece, not her sister.

I like her. She's a better actress than either Sophie Powles (Holly) or Grace Cassidy (Hannah). Holly's body language and facial expressions are good but her voice is a problem - there's rarely any emotion or expression to it. Perhaps that's her normal way of speaking but she needs to do something about it because an actor who only speaks in a monotone doesn't engage the viewers and, unfortunately, Hannah's voice isn't much more expressive. (Apart from the voices they're good actresses, though, and perhaps some elocution lessons or something could help them deliver their lines more expressively.) Chelsea Halfpenny delivers her lines well (as does Kirsty Leigh-Porter, who plays Roz) and she and Victoria already have a good chemistry going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is good and livens the place up . I love the Geordie accent .

Is she linked to Val in some way do we know? Other than staying in the B&B/Restaurant whatever it is these days.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the actress as well. Is it true the character is only meant to be 15? I wonder if Val and Pollard will foster her?
  • CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ................. and I'm glad Victoria finally has something to do, so I'm impressed so far :)

Even if it is just to beat a carpet hanging over the line. Does anybody do that these days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the character of Victoria, and the two make a very interesting partnership! Hopefully this means Victoria will get more airtime :D