75% off Rockstar Games

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, can someone confirm the discount structure for the 75% off please?

If I pre-order GTAV on PSN, they are giving you 75% all Rockstar titles - does that then mean I could buy Max Payne 3, GTAIV, LA Noire, and Bully with 75% off each one, or do I only get the discount off one title?

Not sure which way to take what was said??

Thanks

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Hi, article is now up (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51235/preorder-gtav-day-1-digital-on-playstation-network.html) it's only applied to the NEXT Rockstar Game on your list, so, for example, if L.A.Noire is next on your list, that would get 75% taken off, where as if Max Payne 3 was first on the list, that would receive the discount.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Hi, article is now up (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51235/preorder-gtav-day-1-digital-on-playstation-network.html) it's only applied to the NEXT Rockstar Game on your list, so, for example, if L.A.Noire is next on your list, that would get 75% taken off, where as if Max Payne 3 was first on the list, that would receive the discount.

Hmmm, doesn't say that exactly though.
    Forum Member
    Basically, it gets applied to your next Rockstar FULL GAME, if you add multiple Rockstar games, the first one on the list would receive the discount.

So for example, if you pre-order GTAV, if you then add Max Payne 3, L.A.Noire and Red Dead Redemption to your cart, only Max Payne 3 would get the discount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L.A Noire it is then! £6!
    Or the complete collection for £8.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading on forums and users are confirming that they have got 75% off multiple games so looks like I was right?

Anyone got a US account? Maybe you could trying adding them to basket to see what happens?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate in the states just sent me this, which confirms the discount is on multiple titles - this is the message he got when he pre-ordered GTAV

http://i43.tinypic.com/21drbfd.jpg
    Forum Member
    Right, well it appears to be that way for the NA Store, even asked someone to do multiple checkouts and 75% was applied all the time. I hope this carries through onto the EU then and not just the one time use version. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, well it appears to be that way for the NA Store, even asked someone to do multiple checkouts and 75% was applied all the time. I hope this carries through onto the EU then and not just the one time use version. :p

Nobody officially has said it's only off one title though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the US Blog too -

The following titles are on special discount and will appear on saleafter you have completed your pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V:

Beaterator – PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Bully – PS3 Game ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Grand Theft Auto 3 – PS3 Game ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Grand Theft Auto IV – PS3 Game ($4.99 original price: 19.99)
    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition – PS3 Game ($7.49 original price: $29.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars – PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City- PS3 Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories – PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: 9.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Sand Andreas – PS3 Game ($3.74 original price: $14.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories – PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    L.A. Noire – PS3 Game ($7.49 original price: $29.99)
    L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition – PS3 Game ($9.99 original price: $ 39.99)
    Manhunt – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Manhunt 2 – PSP ($3.74 original price: $14.99)
    Max Payne – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Midnight Club – PS3 ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition- PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Midnight Club II – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    Midnight Club L.A. Remix – PSP Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Red Dead Redemption – PS3 Game ($7.49 original price: $29.99)
    Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Collection – PS3 Game ($9.99 original price: $39.99)
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare – PS3 Game ($4.99 original price: $19.99)
    Red Dead Revolver – PS2 Classic ($2.49 original price: $9.99)
    The Warriors – PSP Game ($3.74 original price: $14.99)
    The Warriors PSP Game ($2.49 original price: $9.99

Surely, us in the EU MUST get the same right? After all, it was EU at Gamescom.
    Forum Member
    I would assume/hope so, I was just going off what's been said elsewhere, there is a disclaimer noting that the "discount" will vary between regions, so I kinda hope EU doesn't just get the one time 75% discount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would assume/hope so, I was just going off what's been said elsewhere, there is a disclaimer noting that the "discount" will vary between regions, so I kinda hope EU doesn't just get the one time 75% discount.

This is the EU store you're talking about lol, on the technical side, I don't think they'd even know how to make the store only discount one Rockstar title after a pre-order!

It'll be like when you subscribe to Plus - all the Plus related content gets discounted. It will be the same for Rockstar - once you pre-order, all related items get the discount.

Tell you what though, if this is true, they'll end up getting close to £100 off me on Friday!
    Forum Member
    Good news, the full 75% discount list applies here to, just be sure, when selecting a game, to choose the discounted version, the full price one is selected automatically, so change that to the Discount version in the drop down list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, the full 75% discount list applies here to, just be sure, when selecting a game, to choose the discounted version, the full price one is selected automatically, so change that to the Discount version in the drop down list.

Good, however they've listed GTAIV as £4.99/£6.49 for everyone in error!

- GTAV still isn't available for pre-order...

Ash, where did you get your info from on your last post?
    Forum Member
    You might want to check on your PS3 again, it's clearly listed here, along with the discount. :)

edit: Sony have taken the game down which is causing transaction issues, you won't be charged, but you can't buy the gam,e at the moment either, a bit of a cock up on Sony EU's side.

edit 2: And to make things worse, I'm sorry TheVoid, the discount over here has reverted to the single use one that I originally explained. :p Let's hope that's apart of the cock up to!
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here's the link to GTA 4 complete bundle (currently £6.49) in case anybody can't find it

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/gta-iv-the-complete-edition/cid=EP1017-NPEB00882_00-PGRANDTHEF000001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might want to check on your PS3 again, it's clearly listed here, along with the discount. :)

edit: Sony have taken the game down which is causing transaction issues, you won't be charged, but you can't buy the gam,e at the moment either, a bit of a cock up on Sony EU's side.

edit 2: And to make things worse, I'm sorry TheVoid, the discount over here has reverted to the single use one that I originally explained. :p Let's hope that's apart of the cock up to!

Thing is, couldn't you just pre-order GTA V again?! It seems to be letting me, which would then give another discounted title. Then when it comes to release, just make sure you have £50 in your wallet so the duplicate pre-orders get cancelled?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Is the offer extending to rockstar boxed games? I was in tesco and I managed to pick up max payne 3 for a fiver but due to my clubcard voucher which had a fiver value I got it for free. Sweet! (Not sure if MP is a fiver in every store just saying in general)