Victoria Beckham - does she ever smile?

13»

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I don't like everything she does, but she has a very dry sense of humour and doesn't seem to take herself seriously.

I like her as well. I think underneath the image, she's a warm witty woman. I certainly think she's someone I could imagine being friends with
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at Harper, she has a down-turned mouth which makes her look sad all the time. I think that's just what Victoria's mouth looks like :o
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    If you look at Harper, she has a down-turned mouth which makes her look sad all the time. I think that's just what Victoria's mouth looks like :o

True but I'm sure some will say that she's already trained Harper to be a pouting sourpuss who will live off breadcrumbs and dust ;)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say I have warmed to her in recent years. Bet she's thrilled:D:D:D:D
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    True but I'm sure some will say that she's already trained Harper to be a pouting sourpuss who will live off breadcrumbs and dust ;)

Nooo, she needs her cute chubby little cheeks :D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say I have warmed to her in recent years. Bet she's thrilled:D:D:D:D

I think she's great and love that she's doing so well. (Cue the anti-V army to tell me she is NOT a designer!!!! she does nothing she is such a FAKE!!!! she can't even smile etc ;))

And I'm sure she's thrilled at your conversion, Pru. You will never know tho cos her thrilled face is never allowed to be seen in public. :cry:

O/T pic of Harper at the DM wearing the most beautiful coat. So pretty, cream with rose detail. If I wasn't so lazy I'd link to it but sadly I am to effort what Vicky B is to smiling. ;)
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. I don't like everything she does, but she has a very dry sense of humour and doesn't seem to take herself seriously.

I think she takes herself waaay too seriously......starving herself, the grapefruit boobs and the fibs that went with them, the ridiculous petulant pouts practiced to the nth degree...the sheer grit, control and desperate determination based on no discernible talent are the work of someone desperately taking themselves seriously. Good luck to her, and all that , I think she was beyond pig ignorant at the recent show opening but IMO the strain of the constant stepford wife façade shows and she looks dead eyed and rarely happy.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always a bit puzzled as to how she's a 'top fashion designer' as I don't recall her ever going to fashion college to learn pattern cutting, stitching teqniques, drawing designs etc. even Stella Macartney went to St Martins for 4 years to learn her craft, when exactly did posh take any time to learn her craft? She posted pictures of herself on twitter the other week in her studio pointing at mood boards, I suspect that's all she does, Ibet she couldn't even darn a sock let alone take a lenght of material and cut and stich it in to a dress!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Jealous much? You obviously take the time to follow Victoria's career but not hard enough. Shes always had a thing for fashion always growing up. She works hard & has a good eye. Perhaps read her book?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Jealous much? You obviously take the time to follow Victoria's career but not hard enough. Shes always had a thing for fashion always growing up. She works hard & has a good eye. Perhaps read her book?

I don't think so, I just think people can see the Empress doesn't have any clothes.

Apart from the ones she supposedly *designs*. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always a bit puzzled as to how she's a 'top fashion designer' as I don't recall her ever going to fashion college to learn pattern cutting, stitching teqniques, drawing designs etc. even Stella Macartney went to St Martins for 4 years to learn her craft, when exactly did posh take any time to learn her craft? She posted pictures of herself on twitter the other week in her studio pointing at mood boards, I suspect that's all she does, Ibet she couldn't even darn a sock let alone take a lenght of material and cut and stich it in to a dress!

Then she is in good company because many didn't start out in fashion. :D

Started on a different path

Vivienne Westwood -- teacher
    Thierry Mugler -- dancer
    Christian Dior -- art dealer
    Miuccia Prada -- PhD, political science
    Joan Vass -- museum curator

Getting started

Marc Jacobs -- stock boy for Charivari, a New York clothing store
    Ralph Lauren -- road salesman for a neckwear manufacturer
    Halston -- window dresser at Carson-Pirie-Scott
    Coco Chanel -- clerk in a hosiery shop
    Tommy Hilfiger -- freelance designer for Jordache jeans
    Tom Ford -- actor/model in TV commercials
    Michael Kors -- sales assistant at a boutique
    Giorgio Armani -- buyer's assistant for a department store
    Alexander McQueen -- tailor's apprentice
    Jil Sander -- fashion journalist
    Laura Ashley -- secretary
    Manolo Blahnik -- jeans buyer
    Salvatore Ferragamo -- factory worker making cowboy boots

Many did go on to design school but she wouldn't have the respect she seems to be getting from others in the industry if she wasn't at the very least coming up with the designs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like me, I think many are under the false illusion VB is a fashion designer, after looking on the net, shock horror it turns out she isn't! she is in fact the 'face' of a brand, Kate Hillier designs her handbag collection and asmall team of designers do her frocks. Apperently she has some 'design input', she emails Kate Hillier asking her to change the stitching on a bag or something, and as for the dresses she pretty much says "can you make that dress in blue instead of black" or "yeah, I like that one", she won Designer Brand of the Year and crucially NOT Designer of the Year. Oh well, nice work if you can get it, but I think it's something she ought to be a bit more transparent about, afterall lots of celebs lend their name to things.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course the poster must be jealous! of course!

They couldn't possibly just have a different opinion from you, could they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Jealous much? You obviously take the time to follow Victoria's career but not hard enough. Shes always had a thing for fashion always growing up. She works hard & has a good . Perhaps read her book?

I don't take time to follow her career, if I did I would have realised much sooner she isn't actually a designer in the real sense of the word! but I am a bit of a news junkie and that includes the showbiz news and because VB is known for her love of publicity she's kind of hard to avoid, even if I don't generaly read the stories on her my self it hard not to catch sight of the constant, daily headlines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    only when she has wind
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a face this gorgeous she doesn't need to smile. http://www.company.co.uk/cm/companyuk/images/g5/or_bd48570312597540558961.jpg
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,441
    Forum Member
    She once said she thinks she's uncomfortable in front of the cameras. I don't think she's a sourpuss at all - I think she's someone who's actually quite low in self-confidence, about her appearance at least, and if you look at her when she poses, she does look very uncomfortable, and doesn't come across as someone who is natural in front of the camera.

I've liked her ever since the Goldenballs episode of Parkinson, when she came across as very sweet and quite shy.

I don't think her lack of smiles shows someone who is miserable or thinks they're better than the rest of us, but just the opposite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much rather have VB not smiling in pap shots than Kirsten Stewart not smiling etc movies where she's supposed to convey emotion.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    She once said she thinks she's uncomfortable in front of the cameras. I don't think she's a sourpuss at all - I think she's someone who's actually quite low in self-confidence, about her appearance at least, and if you look at her when she poses, she does look very uncomfortable, and doesn't come across as someone who is natural in front of the camera.

I've liked her ever since the Goldenballs episode of Parkinson, when she came across as very sweet and quite shy.

I don't think her lack of smiles shows someone who is miserable or thinks they're better than the rest of us, but just the opposite.

I think the Daily Mail hate her, and would be happy if we all did, but I agree with everything you have said. Not everyone is natural on camera. She is genuinely seen as a designer, though.
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's a disgrace to the industry when young talent graft and graft for an opportunity and dullards like this simply wade in off the back of a previous unrelated career in showbiz.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly smiled several years ago when her and hubby were being interviewed by Ali G. She was actually quite funny, especially when he asked her if it was true that she rather liked the back-to-front approach to love making :D
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said many years ago in an interview she thought that she looked ugly when she smiled. I think that it is more to do with her facial expression than her teeth. I expect that she is worried about how she would look in photos. I think that her smile/facial expression is OK though.