Michael Jackson statue to be removed.

i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
Forum Member
Next location eBay?
Fulham are to return the statue of Michael Jackson that is situated outside Craven Cottage to the club's former owner Mohamed Al Fayed.

The club said the statue does not fit in with the revamp of the stadium.

A Fulham spokesperson said: "The statue is not part of the Riverside development of the stadium and will be returned to the former chairman in due course."

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet that statue cost something to make. Then again, Al Fayed is stinking rich.
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if he'll want to put it somewhere else!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was the statute there in the first place? It seems a bit random.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    They should move it to my club Billingham Synthonia

We love Michael Jackson at the Glamal Engineering Stadium
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    They could float it down the Thames out to sea?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should imagine Fulham are mightily embarrassed about having a statue of MJ. After all there are many who believe he did have 'relations' with young boys.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I should imagine Fulham are mightily embarrassed about having a statue of MJ. After all there are many who believe he did have 'relations' with young boys.

Could very well be the reason. They're probably just making up an excuse as to why they're wanting it gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good decision t get rid of the statue.peope must have felt uncomfortable walking past a statue of a child molester.
  • frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was a very odd place to put it, would have worked quite well in harrods where it was meant to be but al fayed selling the place meant that wouldn't happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    good decision t get rid of the statue.peope must have felt uncomfortable walking past a statue of a child molester.

Prove it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Prove it

It doesn't need to be proved. The fact that many people believe he molested children is enough to make any right thinking town or city bigwig think twice before allowing a statute to be erected anywhere in their juristiction.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    melt it down and give proceeds to a child abuse charity . why anyone would want that ghastly figure anywhere is beyond me although i suppose it might be ok as a Halloween fixture .
  • Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    That things hideous.
    melt it down and give proceeds to a child abuse charity . why anyone would want that ghastly figure anywhere is beyond me although i suppose it might be ok as a Halloween fixture .
    There may be more money in auctioning it off, and then donating the money to a deserving children's charity /children's abuse charity ( such as childline )
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Some people (not me) think Childline was set up so Saville would have easy access to kids, and Esther Rantzen knew what was going on back in the 70's :eek:
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they could make a fortune for childrens charities by using it as a guy on bonfire night
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    It doesn't need to be proved. The fact that many people believe he molested children is enough to make any right thinking town or city bigwig think twice before allowing a statute to be erected anywhere in their juristiction.

LOL. Taking the easy way out. Good for you.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Peter Andre might be up for buying it and pretending it's actually a statue of him!
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard they're moving MJ's statue to Upton Park.....with "I'm forever blowing Bubbles" etched underneath ....

On a serious note it was inevitable that Fulham would get rid of that statue due to all the away supporters chants to The Village People (Pet Shop Boys cover)'s Go West: "Stat-ueeeee of a pae-do-phile" etc followed by to the tune of the Are You Watching ....... chant "Is it Jimmy, Is it Jimmy, Is it Saville in disguise..."
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I reckon Peter Andre might be up for buying it and pretending it's actually a statue of him!

Don't be jealous! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    LOL. Taking the easy way out. Good for you.

I'm afraid I don't have a clue what you're on about. The easy way out of what?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Based on their performances this season, Fulham should appoint the statue as their new manager.