Doctor who 2013- how will the year map out?

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
Forum Member
will it be the second half of series 7 from spring to early/late summer , then 4 specials between then till new years for 50th anniversary

anyone know or any thoughts?

Comments

• Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was just part 2 in the spring. Say it starts on sat April 6th. That means it will finish on sat May 25th. Then there is 6 months to the 50th on November 23rd. Heard there will be a documentry programe about the history and behind the scenes of DW to mark the occassion. Don't know about anything else. Guess we will just have to wait. Happy to wait for christmas and part 2 for now.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    It is thought that we will get multiple anniversary specials, but no one knows how many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's Red Nose Day on Friday 15th March. We could get another minisode like last time.
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    so have we had 1 season in 2 years?
    2012: 5eps, Xmas
    2013: 8eps, 50th, (Xmas?)

i did think season 34/8 would start autumn to make 14eps per year. looks like we got ripped off 1 season for the price of 2 thanks murdoch and cameron

rant over :mad:
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so have we had 1 season in 2 years?
    2012: 5eps, Xmas
    2013: 8eps, 50th, (Xmas?)

i did think season 34/8 would start autumn to make 14eps per year. looks like we got ripped off 1 season for the price of 2 thanks murdoch and cameron

rant over :mad:

As I have mentioned in other threads, there was obviously budget issues, and yes essentially we are a series down. If the BBC had been honest from the start I wouldn't have minded, a little less Doctor Who for a couple of years is better than none. Unfortunately they lied. They tried to spin it and tell us we were actually getting more and that is what actually p****s me off.

Again, hopefully 2014 will see a return to 13 episode series.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    There's Red Nose Day on Friday 15th March. We could get another minisode like last time.

Is that what it comes to now, looking forward to Children in Need or Red Nose Day for minisodes to tide us over? :(
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Thats what usually happens. Just this time there's no SJA to tide us over like before. No Torchwood either :(
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am guessing we will be getting the last 8 episodes of season 7 in the spring.a 2 part special in november starring smith,tennant and tom baker with cameo appearances from davison,colin baker,mccoy,mcgann and eccleston.to compensate for the 1st 3 doctors not being around for to take part in the special there will be special screenings of the recently discovered part 4 of the tenth planet to represent hartnell.the entire 6 episodes of the recovered power of the daleks to represent troughton and a full colour version of mind of evil to represent pertwee.there will then be the 2013 christmas special followed by a full uninterrupted 13 episode season in 2014.
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the Merlin news yesterday, I think it got more interesting for Doctor Who in 2013. So with the BBC pushing Three Musketeers as the new Saturday family drama back to 2014 with no Merlin in 2013, BBC have no Saturday fantasy adventure drama next year other then Who. Probably won't happen but hopefully this is good news for series 7b and the 50th. I can see 8 Eps of series 7 earlier next year with a series on specials for the 50th. Then we get a full 13 eps in 2014 starting in the winter.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    As I have mentioned in other threads, there was obviously budget issues, and yes essentially we are a series down.

As mentioned elsewhere, your opinion is not consensus. But as it's all been discussed elsewhere that's probably all that's worth saying about that.

Life was simpler in the 1980s though; the Doctor Who map could reliably be described as 'quarries'.