SKY+ remote codes for BUSH lcd tv

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
Forum Member
Just got a new for BUSH lcd Tv/DVD combo, and need the SKY+ remote codes. I have tried the three digit codes, any good links to a 4 code list, and if that doesnt work and i need to buy a new remote, how can i be sure i will get the latest edition of the remote ;)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the codes can be found here:
    http://mysky.sky.com/Assets/PDF/StaticFiles/316210.pdf

And the procedure for programming the remote can be found here:
    http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/producthelp?nodeId=73a6e9e0-0ade-4eed-810b-cec670799bcc&articleId=11320303

Or you get all that info through the TV using the Sky remote:
    Interactive > Sky Active > Customer Support > Programme Your Remote Control
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and if you need a new remote.... it should say so next to the code in that PDF.

e.g. REV 8 only etc.

You will know what version of remote you have by taking the battery cover off and there should be a label above the batteries.

If it's sky+ then it should be at least version 6 or 'REV 6' it may say.

The latest version is REV 8.

If the remote is a standard Sky one and is older than version 4 then there will not be any sticker.
  • TelewestkidTelewestkid Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    efiste2 wrote: »
    Just got a new for BUSH lcd Tv/DVD combo, and need the SKY+ remote codes. I have tried the three digit codes, any good links to a 4 code list, and if that doesnt work and i need to buy a new remote, how can i be sure i will get the latest edition of the remote ;)

well for that TV you will need an Rev 8 sky remote

you can check what rev the remote is by taking the back of the remote and above you will see a white sticker
    spot the text saying SKY rev and tell me the number
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Are the sky and sky plus handsets the same as far as CODES are concerened. so as i have SKY PLUS, i need to get a remote with the latest vers 8. am i correct ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    efiste2 wrote: »
    Are the sky and sky plus handsets the same as far as CODES are concerened. so as i have SKY PLUS, i need to get a remote with the latest vers 8. am i correct ;)
    Correct.
    Except for the undocumented AV amp codes, which are only present in Sky+ remotes I believe.
    Forum Member
    thanks for the advice chaps, just ordered a V8 one from Ebay..........;)
    Forum Member
    Ok, got my Rev 8 remote and tried the numbers, but still no joy, As the TV is a BUSH it must be a common model between companies such as ALBA. what are the chances of an ALBA code working, or will it DEFINATELY be a BUSH code. Also im having trouble with the FOUR DIGIT CODE. when i enter the code 0157. the red light does not blink twice.............any ideas. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I've found the Sky IR code lists to be inaccurate in a lot of cases - by that I mean they list codes for a particular model that proves to be incorrect. In most cases trying the other codes from the same manufacturer has often found a code that works or in the case of Bush, Alba, Fergusson etc then trying some of the other resellers of generic TVs has eventually found a working code. Unfortunately I have yet to find a code that works on any of the combined TV/DVD machines I have come across no matter how hard I have tried. In the end it has been easier to source a simple learning universal remote so that all functionality can be operated from a single remote.