What to expect from a Rihanna concert...!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
Late start
Link

Shortened set-list
Link

Half assed performances/lip syncing
Link

and now... Violence
Link

Any additional suggestions?!

Comments

• kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really, get a grip! Especially the last link. What's she meant to do seriously? Someone has got hold of her, a few seconds and security haven't intervened. I think most people would either scream at them or wack them so she could carry on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Oh really, get a grip! Especially the last link. What's she meant to do seriously? Someone has got hold of her, a few seconds and security haven't intervened. I think most people would either scream at them or wack them so she could carry on!

There was no excuse for it. She had two big body guards inches away from her. It just shows her first reaction to a situation is violence
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a twerp she is.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I still can't believe she is actually selling out stadiums :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was no excuse for it. She had two big body guards inches away from her. It just shows her first reaction to a situation is violence

tbh i don`t blame her, she might have had body guards, they clearly weren`t doing their job right,
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rihanna but what she did was so out of order. Her bodyguards were much near her, so if it had gone out of hand, she would of had their help anyway

Then again, i am quite strong about being against violence anyway. But i don't accept nor will i defend her for doing it.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it just depends on what sort of person you are. I mean I don't consider myself violent but if multiple people were trying to rip my arm off I'm not going to be very zen and just sit back and let someone else take care of it. I would instinctively try to defend myself. Those fans were being out of order.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I suppose that's the reason why she got a beating from Chris Brown.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »
    Late start
    Link

Shortened set-list
    Link

Half assed performances/lip syncing
    Link

and now... Violence
    Link

Any additional suggestions?!

i suggest that many artists are dogged with bad press during tours these days. using lady gaga as an example, her last tour had reports of late starts, she also shortened her set list accordingly due to her lateness, delivered half hearted performances and worst of all openly smoked cannabis live on stage. given the apparent young fan base that gaga clearly attracts, i don't think last point is at all appropriate, but all of the points just go to show that rihanna is far from alone in her tour controversies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i suggest that many artists are dogged with bad press during tours these days. using lady gaga as an example, her last tour had reports of late starts, she also shortened her set list accordingly due to her lateness, delivered half hearted performances and worst of all openly smoked cannabis live on stage. given the apparent young fan base that gaga clearly attracts, i don't think last point is at all appropriate, but all of the points just go to show that rihanna is far from alone in her tour controversies.

You realise Rihanna has also smoked mairjjuana on stage recently at an LA concert and often tweets herself rolling joints, smoking joints and eating cannabis cake, right?

Gaga has yet to physically assault a fan thankfully.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You realise Rihanna has also smoked mairjjuana on stage recently at an LA concert and often tweets herself rolling joints, smoking joints and eating cannabis cake, right?

rihanna doesn't really sell herself as a role model in the same way that "mother monster" presents herself though and i actually think gaga has younger fans. that is the difference, as i stated in the previous post.

the "fan" in question didn't seem to want to let go and perhaps that behaviour spooked her. we all have our limits.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I would expect her to turn up two to three hours late, Mime all the way through it while dancing to her backing tracks. Now I would expect the front row to get hit as well. I would never pay money to go and see her because it's clear she doesn't care about her fans only the money being put in her pocket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what the apparent 'victim' said on the video of the incident

"It was me she aimed for!! There was an idiot behind me who wouldn't let go of her sleeve, & she obviously thought it was me. Cant blame her lol. She didn't connect anyway so no harm done. The show was brilliant by the way & great to be right at the front :)"

I was at the show but to be honest I was dancing far too much to even notice. From the video it does look like she was aiming for the persons arm rather than a fan's face.

Controversies aside I thought she put on a fantastic show, she looked like she was having a ball on stage, great vocals and I had a great time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there a poster in here with hidden posts?!

Oh wait because I blocked them :D
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I guess it just depends on what sort of person you are. I mean I don't consider myself violent but if multiple people were trying to rip my arm off I'm not going to be very zen and just sit back and let someone else take care of it. I would instinctively try to defend myself. Those fans were being out of order.

If you don't want fans grabbing at you, stay away from them. It's not rocket science. It was obvious she wasn't down the front in order to connect with the audience. It was all for show on her part.

Meanwhile, out in the world of real music, you get performers crowd surfing, fist bumping, diving into the audience & even getting audience members up onstage.
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watch a woman fail at trying to be sexy.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

Oohhhh what a rebel.:rolleyes:
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What singer in the right mind who hit a fan? I've totally lost respect for Rihanna used to think she was great in her early years. I don't know how people are still buying her music. I do listen to some of her stuff but I hate most of it apart from her last Loud album. Still I wouldn't pay to see her live. I have seen her at the radio 1 weekend when she headlined. She was ok but I thought she was trying too hard to be provocative at times.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A headache and some skanky pussy.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member

Try and pull away?
  • AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thousands of semen & urine filled bottles being tossed amongst the stink of cannabis and random 14 year olds screaming in your ear for 90 minutes ??

No thanks.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rihanna has become a disgrace. Just a couple of years ago, I really liked her but now she just comes across as a spoilt diva. There is no excuse for being two hours late for a concert, it's just the height of disrespect for the fans who have gotten you to where you are today.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Thousands of semen & urine filled bottles being tossed
    No thanks.
    that happens at concerts :eek:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member
    Thousands of semen & urine filled bottles being tossed amongst the stink of cannabis and random 14 year olds screaming in your ear for 90 minutes ??

No thanks.

Semen? I'm sorry, I fail to believe that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No thanks.

GB the land of the flying piss bottles :p

The Flying Circus should make a skit of it.