X1 Time to get excited

dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
Forum Member
✭✭
I think 7 days to go it deserves a new thread. Looking across the water to our American PS4 friends has got me even more excited for next gen.

Due to work wont be on till later that night and first game will be Forza as i have a feeling that might be a bit good. To fully test out my new console i'll probably stream at the same time. Will try and the snap and Skype functions on the Saturday

Did i mention there is 7 days to go:D:D

Hope early adopters get their console on time and encounter no problems in next gen gaming!

'Xbox On'

Comments

• cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup 7 days to go and I am excited to, Fifa 14 and Forza 5 are coming with my console and I can afford 2 other games but not sure what to get yet. It's a choice between Ghosts, Dead Rising 3 or NFS Rivals.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep on forgetting i've got FIFA with mine. Dont think i will bother with it though so will be sold.

Definitely getting Ghosts as well. Everything else I'm open minded about and will wait for reviews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Keep on forgetting i've got FIFA with mine. Dont think i will bother with it though so will be sold.

Definitely getting Ghosts as well. Everything else I'm open minded about and will wait for reviews.

Which one have you got digital FIFA 14 or Forza 5?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA14 digital Day One edition
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA14 digital Day One edition

Not sure about this but I think you just get a download code rather than a disc, might make selling it on a bit more difficult.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about this but I think you just get a download code rather than a disc, might make selling it on a bit more difficult.

You're right - it's a code. It was revealed in the official Xbox Unboxing video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you not just sell the code?
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited and I'm not even getting an Xbox One, looking forward to reading all about it though, on DS.

Of the 2 new consoles the X1 captures the imagination more, for me anyway, so make sure you post lots of detail, not just of the games but all the techi stuff that the X1/Kinect can do.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    Could you not just sell the code?

yeah i'm just going to sell the code, seen people already selling them on Ebay
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But how can you trust the person selling the code hasn't already used it? Or if you sell yours on, the buyer uses it then puts in a dispute on PayPal saying you sold them an invalid code?

Just seems like so many things can go wrong. Which is why the thread that was set up a while back where someone suggested swapping codes didn't take off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    But how can you trust the person selling the code hasn't already used it? Or if you sell yours on, the buyer uses it then puts in a dispute on PayPal saying you sold them an invalid code?

Just seems like so many things can go wrong. Which is why the thread that was set up a while back where someone suggested swapping codes didn't take off.

Will have to see, but its like that with anything on Ebay with codes.

Just watching Sky Sports news, they are hammering the X1 adverts. Found myself just smiling when the Forza advert came on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

You could look at it in this way, it's a free game and if you really don't want/need it then I suppose taking the risk on ebay wouldn't be such a bad thing. One thing I will say though that if the buyer does put in a dispute, not only is it a hassle but also negative feedback on your profile. It all comes down to whether the person selling the code thinks it's worth it I suppose :) I understand what your saying though.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll I did it again I ordered one which is guaranteed for Xmas with FIFA and Forza, dnt mind waiting cause I'm sure there will be a few updates to fix bugs etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you lucky buggers! here in The Netherlands we still havent received a release date yet!

Rumours have it that we will get it in February (although we can buy it elsewhere as long as we have a payment method registered in the country of purchase).

Not sure wether to get one in the UK when im back home at Christmas or wait for a day one edition here......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 days! #justsaying ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 days AND the first set of reviews are due in about 4 hours 30 mins!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Driving in to work with a smile on my face knowing Friday is here soon. Was due to work till late Friday, got in this morning email saying the meeting on Friday now cancelled. Back to 'working from home' on Friday. Just need some good review scores and it will be my best Monday in a long time!

Just hope it arrives early on Friday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just know the reviews are gonna come good :) The only game that I think may come mixed, would be Ryse.

Either way, I'm totally psyched for Friday - It's been planned with Military precision. I've never been so excited. I've also never spent this much money on a console launch ever. Call me a fanboy if you like, I don't care! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never had a console on launch day before so this will be a first for me. I had to go out and buy a new door bell yesterday so that I don't miss the delivery on Friday. I get paid tomorrow and will be able to buy another game or two but still cannot decide so I am hoping the reviews will help. I have already got FIFA 14 and Forza 5 so I think it maybe either Ghosts, DR3 or NFS Rivals. I would of bought Peggle 2 but it's been delayed.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Getting a little concerned, MS haven't taken my payment yet so beginning to wonder if they'll send it for Friday!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Getting a little concerned, MS haven't taken my payment yet so beginning to wonder if they'll send it for Friday!!

Have you ordered from MS store?

It just could be due to ordering from them they wont take payment till Wednesday/Thursday. Other companies need to pay for stock so that's why they have taken money earlier
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah, ordered via the dashboard when the offer was on there back in June.

And yeah, hopefully by Wednesday / Thursday - be a bit weird sitting here Friday if it isn't coming!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    I have never had a console on launch day before so this will be a first for me. I had to go out and buy a new door bell yesterday so that I don't miss the delivery on Friday. I get paid tomorrow and will be able to buy another game or two but still cannot decide so I am hoping the reviews will help. I have already got FIFA 14 and Forza 5 so I think it maybe either Ghosts, DR3 or NFS Rivals. I would of bought Peggle 2 but it's been delayed.

****, you have just reminded me, mine is getting delivered at my fathers address. He's hard of hearing but normally looks after my dogs that are his door bell. But they will be with me Friday now. He only lives round the corner from me. Might work from his Friday now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ****, you have just reminded me, mine is getting delivered at my fathers address. He's hard of hearing but normally looks after my dogs that are his door bell. But they will be with me Friday now. He only lives round the corner from me. Might work from his Friday now.

Stick a note on his front door to knock on the living room window :D
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am gonna have a right case of the giddies on Friday but, I am working 8:30 while 5pm, lath though I am hoping to negotiate a 30min lunch so I can finish at 4:30pm. I then have to pop to GAME at Meadowhall to pick up Ryse and an extra controller, when I get home to set all up, it turns out I am now off to a Gig to watch a SlipKnot tribute band for a friends birthday at 8pm..........so not much xbox one time on launch day. So Saturday will really be my Launch Day, lol! :D