Doctor Who S07 Episode 11 - Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS 27/04/13 BBC1 6:30pm

davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
Forum Member
A spaceship salvage team drags the TARDIS on board, sending its systems into meltdown.

As the Doctor marshals the motley salvage crew outside, he realises Clara is still trapped within his malfunctioning ship, pursued by a dangerous group of ossified monsters. He has just 30 minutes to find Clara and save his TARDIS before it self-destructs.
It’s an okay episode, but a little disappointingly underwhelming for a story with such a deliciously tantalising title. It’s a fairly straightforward action adventure.

Next Time Trailer
Poster
SFX Spoiler Free Preview
Cultbox Teasers
Cultbox Hints

So, what did you think of the episode 640 votes

Excellent
38% 247 votes
Good
29% 190 votes
Average
16% 108 votes
Bad
7% 45 votes
Poor
7% 50 votes

Comments

• TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not expecting this to be the best episode ever, but I think it will be a good solid adventure, hopefully without a shoehorned love-based ending.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilerspoilerspoilerchristoperecclestonisinitforasmallspeakingpartspoilerspoiler
    Sorry cant use spoiler tags on my iPod
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lancashire, yeah!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Lancashire, yeah!

I hope they're polite about it, this time. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teasers:

» Someone is not what they seem.

» Clara has a Raiders of the Lost Ark vibe going on.

» Something from 'The Eleventh Hour' makes an appearance.

» Something from 'A Good Man Goes To War' makes an appearance.

» Nice to see that room has been updated.

» The TARDIS has a library. And a rather interesting book.

» Oh, they kept his/hers/their return quiet.

» We see something mentioned in 'Hide'.

» Doctor Who meets Silent Hill.

» I wonder if Omega and Rassilon are taking notes...

Any ideas about the ones in bold, guys?

"Doctor Who meets Silent Hill." Oooh wow...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teasers:

» Clara has a Raiders of the Lost Ark vibe going on.

Look at my post for the person returning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Look at my post for the person returning

Oh yeah, I forgot that was this episode. Although would a reused bit of audio really count as a return?

It could just be him of course, but there's also this hint:
    "Something returns, unexpectedly and slightly mystifyingly, as if it”s been skulking in the TARDIS waiting patiently for a moment to be of use again. We suspect this may have larger ramifications, but it’s odd to see the Doctor regard it so casually…"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Our prediction: Doctor Who forums will be full of people moaning about the resolution."

Yay! Can't wait! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I forgot that was this episode. Although would a reused bit of audio really count as a return?

It could just be him of course, but there's also this hint:
    "Something returns, unexpectedly and slightly mystifyingly, as if it”s been skulking in the TARDIS waiting patiently for a moment to be of use again. We suspect this may have larger ramifications, but it’s odd to see the Doctor regard it so casually…"

The eye of harmony then
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I wasn't too interested in the title (the last time we got an overly long title referencing another source it turned out to be my least favourite episode ever, ahem, TDTWATW...an acronym longer than many whole titles!), the poster for the episode didn't win me over, and then the trailer for the episode hasn't convinced me either... I admire the motivation with the effects, but they don't look up-to-scratch to pull off something as ambitious as they seem to be going for.

But appearances can be deceiving, and it could turn out to be an all-time favourite. Who knows? I think this is heavily dependent on the direction they go with it all... for me, I enjoy the mystery of not knowing what lies beyond the console room. The Doctor's Wife was a lovely treat that didn't spoil that idea of mine at all, but I'm worried here that the opposite may yet happen.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though it's supposedly a bit underwhelming and the resolution is likely to cause complaints, I am really looking forward to this one. SFX reckon we see too many corridors and they aren't to TARDISy, this will probably be the biggest problem for me but they said it was a straightforward adventure episode with references to other episodes so it sounds great to me.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who Online on the other hand give it 10/10

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/710-Journey-to-the-Centre-of-the-TARDIS-DWO-Spoiler-Free-Preview.aspx
    Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, with many nods to the history of Doctor Who, and many hits as to what may be yet to come in the remainder of Season Seven is sure to be a fan pleaser, and is definitely one of the gems of this era of the programme

so SFX think it will piss off the fans and DWO think it will be a fan pleaser....go figure...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/710-Journey-to-the-Centre-of-the-TARDIS-DWO-Spoiler-Free-Preview.aspx

so SFX think it will piss off the fans and DWO think it will be a fan pleaser....go figure...:p

Argument time! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great :)

What did DWO give hide because I remember someone had given it a 6/10 and I thought it was fantastic.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Great :)

What did DWO give hide because I remember someone had given it a 6/10 and I thought it was fantastic.

yes that was them, lol! And they really liked Rings ( 8/10) . So who knows. :D
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    1) “You’re like one of those guys who can’t go out with a girl unless his mother approves”

2) ‘The History of the Time War’

3) It’s rude to whisper.

4) Lancashire, South.

5) “You call yourself ‘Doctor’. Why do you do that? You’ve got a name. I saw it..."

It looks like #2 is the title of that "interesting" book ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes that was them, lol! And they really liked Rings. So who knows. :D

After watching Rings a second time I really like it, it's not great but I find it enjoyable. But I hope Journey is great because everything I've seen and heard seems brilliant. Obviously I don't know if I can trust DWO's opinion.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More importantly according to that preview...
    Someone sees the Doctor's name! “You call yourself ‘Doctor’. Why do you do that? You’ve got a name. I saw it..."

Clara? The cast for this ep is tiny so it can only be her or one of those random salvage guys.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    It has to be Clara. DWO mention that the cracks are beginning to show in her relationship with the Doctor as the Doctor is no closer to solving her mystery, and in the confined spaces and under pressure it's no wonder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Teasers:

Clara has a Raiders of the Lost Ark vibe going on.

Wonder if that will be the Doctors crib, which has his name in Gallifreyen on it...... hence Clara saying she'd seen the Doctor's name....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has to be Clara. DWO mention that the cracks are beginning to show in her relationship with the Doctor as the Doctor is no closer to solving her mystery, and in the confined spaces and under pressure it's no wonder.

Yeah it's clear from the trailers and clips that they're really stressed with each other in this.

But the two tiny clips we have from the next ep (Crimson Horror) show them more comfortable with each other than ever so I think this'll include a resolution of sorts between them at least even if he doesn't really know who she is still.

The only alternative I can think of is that the name is discovered by one of the salvage crew. One of the teasers is 'someone isn't who they seem' - could they possibly be working for the Great Intelligence and be feeding him info? He's GOT to turn up at some point, right?!

I would say though that the line sounds far more like it comes from Clara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if that will be the Doctors crib, which has his name in Gallifreyen on it...... hence Clara saying she'd seen the Doctor's name....

If that's the case - how the hell can she read Gallifreyan? She's not a Time Lord of any sort...Even River couldn't read it, could she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So SFX are a bit down on it, and DWO think it's amazing...

Well, this should be fun!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    If that's the case - how the hell can she read Gallifreyan? She's not a Time Lord of any sort...Even River couldn't read it, could she?

But just because she can't doesn't understand the language or what it says, doesn't mean she can't say to the Doctor that she'd seen his name, if he or someone explains that's what the symbols are on his crib..... and it was in Good Man Goes to War and only thing I can think of from that episode that would be in one of the rooms of the TARDIS.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    more importantly considering we thought the TARDIS wasn't translating how would she be able to know it's his name? that implies she can read High Gallifreyan?!