Major Crimes (uk pace) no spoilers please

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starts tonight at 9 on universal. Only watched first few EPS of the closer. I know you don't need to have watched the closer to watch this but wondering how good major crimes is and if its worth watching.

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As with most shows it IS worth you giving it at least a single ep :)

I watched it US pace and if it does return I'll be watching that season to. But as to whether the series is one of those muilti-watchable ones, well, that's another question.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    give it two eps. Lot of cast changes after the first one.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first ep, and although its strange not seeing Kyra in the lead role, I think Mary McDonnell is a great replacement lead.
  • bramley29bramley29 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Like "alternate", I'll give it a couple more episodes. The first one was all over the place, plot-wise, and the twists were pretty predictable. I liked "the Closer" because the stories were tightly written and the denouements strong. I watched every episode and I can only think a of a few which were not excellent. The attempts to make Raydar more human were clumsy and the boy was seriously annoying. By the end of the episode, I was wishing that the serial killer bloke from "the Closer" had managed to dispatch him and thereby done us all a favour. So far it looks like a weak spinoff - which would be such a shame.
    Forum Member
    Episode two was stronger than the first but the boy is still very, very annoying and there's no way he would/could/should be allowed to listen into a crime investigation in progress. Styles is just as annoying as the boy. The glamorous, pouting, glossy-lipsticked look doesn't fit with the rest of the cast. One of the things I liked about the Closer was that the squad had a realistic rough, world-weary look about them.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bramley29 wrote: »
    Episode two was stronger than the first but the boy is still very, very, very, very fkn annoying.

I'm nodding vigorously here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad this has got another season in the US, and in general am happy with the cast. Only dislike is the already mentioned Styles.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thoughtthe show was rather good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I watched it US pace and it gets better and better as it goes on, Sykes and Rusty get less annoying as it goes on too!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than a week to the start of season 2 of Major Crimes in the UK. Monday 5 August 9pm Universal.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's the night.
    Forum Member
    They need to promote this better, I had no idea it was back on.
    Forum Member
    Not a great episode but OK - except for Nadine Velazquez as Emma Rios - another glamorous pouting "actress" like the one who plays Sykes. They should have gone for gone for someone who can actually act - she was having trouble trying not to look at the camera and lights. Next to the rest of the cast, she looked well out of her depth. Bad casting.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    They need to promote this better, I had no idea it was back on.

Me neither. I nearly missed it. Has it been cancelled or something because my TV guide says Major Crimes : Final Cut?
    Forum Member
    "Has it been cancelled or something?" It's too early to tell because Series 2 still has another ten or eleven episodes to go in USA. It didn't start on cable until 10th JUne.

Series 2 was to have been 15 episodes but TNT increased it to 19. The viewing figures seem OK but I think they need to tighten the plots and ditch the pouting, glamorous "actresses" for ones that look more real-life and can actually act.

Major Crimes is repeated at 10.00 p.m. on Thursday.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bramley29 wrote: »
    "Has it been cancelled or something?" It's too early to tell because Series 2 still has another ten or eleven episodes to go in USA. It didn't start on cable until 10th JUne.

Series 2 was to have been 15 episodes but TNT increased it to 19. The viewing figures seem OK but I think they need to tighten the plots and ditch the pouting, glamorous "actresses" for ones that look more real-life and can actually act.

Major Crimes is repeated at 10.00 p.m. on Thursday.

I don't like that actress from My Name is Earl. She's too glamorous for this series.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    I don't like that actress from My Name is Earl. She's too glamorous for this series.

She's so annoying.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,051
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that awful kid is still in the show. They need to get rid of him ASAP.
    Forum Member
    Me neither. I nearly missed it. Has it been cancelled or something because my TV guide says Major Crimes : Final Cut?

Final Cut was the name of of the episode.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started watching this last week on the recommendation of a friend.

It took me a while to recognise the Captain as the woman who played President Laura Roslin in Battlestar Galactica.

It's also weird seeing Captain Harris from the Police Academy films as a proper policeman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Glad this has got another season in the US, and in general am happy with the cast. Only dislike is the already mentioned Styles.

I may be missing something but who is Styles??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I may be missing something but who is Styles??

Nope, you didn't "miss" anything. For some reason I wrote Styles instead of Sykes.....:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The show is currently on a mid-season break in the States so this week's episode will be the last one for a while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The show is currently on a mid-season break in the States so this week's episode will be the last one for a while

Just looked on IMDB, and they have the US airdate for ep 12 as Nov 25th, also there seems to be only another 2 episodes to go in this season according to them, but didn't it get an extension to 19 eps?.

Hope it gets a longer episode order for season 3 as I am really enjoying the show....
    Forum Member
    Wikipedia says "TNT renewed Major Crimes for a 15 episode second season on September 27, 2012,which the network increased to 19 episodes in April, 2013. "
    The TNT newsroom says "TNT’s Major Crimes will return for a third season. The hit crime-drama, which currently ranks as one of basic cable’s Top 5 series, is drawing more than 6.7 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery. The show is also one of basic cable’s Top 10 summer dramas among adults 25-54 (2.1 million). Currently airing Mondays at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), Major Crimes is set to wrap up its summer run Aug. 19. It will return in November for the second half of the season. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for season three, which is slated to begin in summer 2014."
    We can only hope they ditch Rusty, Rios and Sykes by the time they get to season three.