America Horror Story Coven

Hey all (sorry if thread already) is anyone going to be watching this tomorrow if doing US pace??

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spolier wrote: »
    Hey all (sorry if thread already) is anyone going to be watching this tomorrow if doing US pace??

I will be. :)
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Me too. Thanks for the reminder!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, looking forward to it :)
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! Sign me up. Just finished Asylum :)
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I never really got into season one, but Asylum and Coven look interesting, do I need to have finished season one first?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    I never really got into season one, but Asylum and Coven look interesting, do I need to have finished season one first?

Nope they are all stand alone stories but season 1 was great, you might not like Asylum if you didn't enjoy the first season?
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    Nope they are all stand alone stories but season 1 was great, you might not like Asylum if you didn't enjoy the first season?

I didn't like the first season at all but I thought ASYLUM was excellent. I'm looking forward to COVEN.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    I didn't like the first season at all but I thought ASYLUM was excellent. I'm looking forward to COVEN.

I liked the first season but I still found Asylum superior. It had a better cast (both in terms of new faces like James Cromwell and the returning cast being given more prominent roles). Having Cromwell, Rabe, Paulson, and of course Lange in the main roles made for a much better season than having McDermott and Britton as the leads.

The cast for this season looks even more overwhelming - as well as the returnees, having Kathy Bates, Patti Lupone and Angela Bassett on board is just damned exciting!
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »

This is perhaps the one show where you really don't need to watch the seasons in order.
  • Mr__XMr__X Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Which channel is this on?
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I noticed it was on Netflix so might give it a watch :)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr__X wrote: »
    Which channel is this on?

FX, but I'm not sure when it starts in the UK.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if you get fx on Virgin tv? Moving house and considering changing from Sky but if I can't watch things like American Horror Story?!?!?! :eek::eek:
  • Mr__XMr__X Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I'm on Virgin XL package and i can't get FX :-(
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It says Fox is included on XL - is that FX?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Its being aired in the UK on 29th October at 10pm on Channel Fox :) Can't wait.
    I personally thought Season 1 was amazing but wasn't keen on Season 2, Asylum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    It says Fox is included on XL - is that FX?

Yup, Fx rebranded as Fox back in January :P
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this

Loved the first series and the second even more. Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson really are fantastic in it.

I'm just not keen on the witch's coven idea tho..but hope to be proved wrong.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    As crazy as ever!
    :D
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep still crazy, but highly watchable with the great cast in this season,
    Just wish they could get Vera Farmiga to do this show, she would be great alongside her younger sister Taissa.
  • Sir_JasperSir_Jasper Posts: 488
    Forum Member

Yes you can fella.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth watching just for Kathy Bates.
  • spolierspolier Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    so today is the day able to watch, has anyone not seen it ye???

I will be getting it but watching Friday, for some reason my girlfriend ended up having a lot of messed up dreams after watching Asylum lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spolier wrote: »
    so today is the day able to watch, has anyone not seen it ye???

I will be getting it but watching Friday, for some reason my girlfriend ended up having a lot of messed up dreams after watching Asylum lol

It is available. It's also amazing! Can't wait for more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Frances Conroy's eye? I didn't realise it was real in Murder House, but from pictures online, it seems that one eye has been "different" in all pictures I can find dated from 2010 time (where as all pictures before her eyes are "normal")?

I assume she was in some sort of accident or something, but there is literally nothing I can find online about it.