Cold hearted Nigella abandons stepdaughter

CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2388371/Cold-hearted-Nigella-simply-abandoned-says-18-year-old-stepdaughter-But-father-let-drawn-vicious-feud.html

An image comes to mind of Saatchi forcing his daughter to speak to the Mail on the phone. A vile excuse for a person.

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, another Daily Mail link.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS, she's an 18-year-old woman, not a five year old tot.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this girls mother?? If I was here I'd get my daughter away form him as quick as possible .. He is using her to destroy Nigella's reputation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    FFS, she's an 18-year-old woman, not a five year old tot.

At 18, she should be makimg her own way in the world, not crying to the papers she needs her step-mummy.... Far to old or all that...
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2388371/Cold-hearted-Nigella-simply-abandoned-says-18-year-old-stepdaughter-But-father-let-drawn-vicious-feud.html

An image comes to mind of Saatchi forcing his daughter to speak to the Mail on the phone. A vile excuse for a person.

It really does beggar belief doesn't it, Nigella is now divorced from the disgusting man and can move on, he's revolting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is this girls mother?? If I was here I'd get my daughter away form him as quick as possible .. He is using her to destroy Nigella's reputation

My first thought too. Apparently she defended Saatchi at the time of the throat grabbing incident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2344569/Nigella-Lawson-throat-attack-Charles-Saatchis-ex-wife-Kay-says-physically-abusive.html

I wonder why Phoebe ended up with him and Nigella rather than her birth mother? Saatchi seems to be a very controlling character imo.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only so far you can coerce an 18-year old to say something. His daughter could have said she is staying out of it. However, Saatchi is a very bizarre character. He seems to wield a lot of control over the people around him.

You cannot help but think Nigella is well shot of this man. A lot more must have been going on behind the scenes over the years. She is probably relieved the restaurant incident blew the lid off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything he does to show Nigella up just backfires on him.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Great, another Daily Mail link.

Deal with it.

Very unpleasant man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    There is only so far you can coerce an 18-year old to say something. His daughter could have said she is staying out of it. However, Saatchi is a very bizarre character. He seems to wield a lot of control over the people around him.

You cannot help but think Nigella is well shot of this man. A lot more must have been going on behind the scenes over the years. She is probably relieved the restaurant incident blew the lid off.

When money is involved and, in this case a lot of money, anything is possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When money is involved and, in this case a lot of money, anything is possible.

Exactly.

"Daddy will take away your trust fund"
    "Daddy won't pay for that holiday you wanted to go on"
    "Daddy won't buy you any more pretty things"
    "Daddy will write you out of his Will"
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,814
    Forum Member
    Wonder if he is a hands dad with his daughter, like he was with his ex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you always believe everything you read in the Daily Fail do you OP? Bless! :p
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe she needs to start directing the blame at the person that caused all this in the first place.......her father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manipulative Charles forces daughter to speak to press.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great work by the Daily Mail as usual. :rolleyes:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The girl is 18 an adult not a child and why hasn't said woman phoned her if she wants to speak to her??

Nigella isn't in the wrong here
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl is 18 an adult not a child and why hasn't said woman phoned her if she wants to speak to her??

Totally agree Betty. It's not like she's 10 for flips sake. She is a grown up woman who (I assume) is perfectly capable of picking up a phone or texting someone IF she wants to.

Sounds a wee bit like she doesn't want to upset Daddy and miss out on a mention in his will to me.
  • Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    And you always believe everything you read in the Daily Fail do you OP? Bless! :p

I believe what was written.

It's funny people think the press could just make up stories and get away with it.

Give me an example of one story that the Daily Mail have made up. Oh but I guess you dont have one as its a cliche to say "And you believe the
    "
    Forum Member
    ejm wrote: »
    Maybe she needs to start directing the blame at the person that caused all this in the first place.......her father.

So she cant be the adult and do the right thing? Seems you are excusing her for abandoning her step daughter. A mean spirited thing to take it out on her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe what was written.

It's funny people think the press could just make up stories and get away with it.

Give me an example of one story that the Daily Mail have made up. Oh but I guess you dont have one as its a cliche to say "And you believe the
    "

It's not a story. A story would be "a car crashed on Acacia Avenue at 3pm". It's the opinion of an 18 year old who was probably coerced into bad-mouthing someone who has no doubt shown her much kindness over the years. It's opinion.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt take the DMs word for anything, but we have to ask just why this woman is choosing to speak out against her step mother? she is not a child and has her own life any chance she is siding with her father and wants to sully Nigellas name??
    Forum Member

Oh so you want the teenager who was abandoned to pick up the phone? Isn't it Nigella the adult who walked out of her life that should be calling her?

If it was roles reserved and Saatchi walked out and did not have contact with his step children, he would be condemned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so you want the teenager who was abandoned to pick up the phone? Isn't it Nigella the adult who walked out of her life that should be calling her?

If it was roles reserved and Saatchi walked out and did not have contact with his step children, he would be condemned.

She's 18. She's an adult. Can she not phone, text, email or Skype people?

Kids taking sides in divorces is so sad. When my parents divorced, I managed to stay on very good terms with them both, despite their problems with each other. I was 13. I didn't feel abandoned by anyone because I kept in touch (this was pre-internet, too) . I also realised that they were going through a tough time and maybe it wasn't all about me, me, me.