Move from iphone to Galaxy 4?

scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My iphone 4s battery is dying and the Sleep buttons is stuck and wont work. Thinking of making the move to Android and Galaxy 4. Not had an Android for a few years and Im not too happy the iphones battery is dying after only 18 months.

Good move?
What issues may I come across?

Comments

• The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't be too hard unless you have lots backed up on iCloud. Have you contacted Apple about the battery issues they sometimes replace the battery free of charge and maybe the button if not damage related. Saying that the button might be causing issues with draining/not allowing phone sleep.

Also have you done at least one full recharge from dead (without touching the phone until it is 100%) using an Apple charger?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    scott26985 wrote: »
    My iphone 4s battery is dying and the Sleep buttons is stuck and wont work. Thinking of making the move to Android and Galaxy 4. Not had an Android for a few years and Im not too happy the iphones battery is dying after only 18 months.

Good move?

you would be trading up....

it s like going from a carriage pulled by horses to a spacecraft.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    adi_carnat wrote: »

So going from something reliable and well understood, and enviomentally sound and then going to something that could explode?
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be too hard unless you have lots backed up on iCloud. Have you contacted Apple about the battery issues they sometimes replace the battery free of charge and maybe the button if not damage related. Saying that the button might be causing issues with draining/not allowing phone sleep.

Also have you done at least one full recharge from dead (without touching the phone until it is 100%) using an Apple charger?

I may try that, thanks. I haven't used icloud really.

Right now Im of 2 minds, Get a Galaxy or hang on for iphone 5s in a few months.
    No point getting a 5 right now since it'll come down in price when the 5s comes out.
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    So going from something reliable and well understood, and enviomentally sound and then going to something that could explode?

think this is the worst post I have seen on this forum.

iphone is not even 1% of what ANY galaxy S phone is. including the FIRST one.

as for the os.... comparing android to ios it s a shame. ios I would compare to MAYBE bb os 7. is t primitive and soooooo basic. android ENVIROMENT is way in the future compared to ios..
    Forum Member

No point getting a 5 right now since it'll come down in price when the 5s comes out.

mate , I m not saying that ONLY the S4 will be far ahead in the future compared to ANY iphone , but just any flagship android will do. the S4 is currently the best... u get that phone mate and evolve in the world of technology!
    Forum Member

as for the os.... comparing android to ios it s a shame. ios I would compare to MAYBE bb os 7. is t primitive and soooooo basic. android ENVIROMENT is way in the future compared to ios..

LOL :D Whatever :rolleyes: LOL

You'll be back to school soon - looking forward to your first day at big school?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D Whatever :rolleyes: LOL

You'll be back to school soon - looking forward to your first day at big school?

I imagine that's not for a couple of years yet.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope these hilarious backfiring analogies are going to be a regular feature!

If the issue is the battery dying after 18 months, that sounds like a bad battery - my iPhone is three years old now, and that battery still seems fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know about best or worst, but:

"it s like going from a carriage pulled by horses to a spacecraft."

Was certainly one of the funniest! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you anywhere near an Apple store? If you are, it might be worth popping in about the battery to see what they say, because it really shouldn't be dying after 18 months.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good move?

I think so. iPhone 4S > Galaxy S4 is a mega upgrade. I would just change, most people change their devices every 18/24 months anyway, so I wouldn't say it was unnecessary at all.

If you've bought any apps on the App Store, you have to stay on an Apple device to use them, but Android has equivalents and a lot more of the apps are free as well. I'd go into a phone store and see what you like the look of. There's a lot of choice with Android. I'd recommend looking at the Nexus 4 and HTC One as well. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the help guys. Im live chatting with apple help now. But looks like the button is over :(

The issues with the battery is how quickly it runs out. Ive not used it much today (a bit of FB, google and pics) and its already 50% gone. Never used to be like this :(
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love my iPhone but even I've been tempted to sell it and get a Samsung, I'll be honest.

I do believe Samsung do a Smart Switch or something that allows you to transfer data from other devices to a Galaxy, Note etc.

Edit: found the URL! http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/android/GT-I9505ZWABTU?tabname=smart-switch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been taking to Apple Live Chat for help.

Now my phones stuck in a restore that it cant complete. I'm in a worse situation then when I started! :(
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I don't know about best or worst, but:

"it s like going from a carriage pulled by horses to a spacecraft."

Was certainly one of the funniest! :D

thank you... it s funny because of the way I said it.... but it s sad that it s true.... and it s even sadder that apple brainwashed people into believing that such a basic and primitive system is better than something that actually is made by smart people with a vision of a bright future.
    Forum Member
    been taking to Apple Live Chat for help.

Now my phones stuck in a restore that it cant complete. I'm in a worse situation then when I started! :(

take it to a apple store?
    Forum Member
    thank you... it s funny because of the way I said it.... but it s sad that it s true.... and it s even sadder that apple brainwashed people into believing that such a basic and primitive system is better than something that actually is made by smart people with a vision of a bright future.

What is even sadder is that there are people out there that believe this - when it's nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I still don't really understand what makes it primitive.

I can do lots of things on an iPhone that seem anything but primitive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So super pissed. Thanks to Apple suport the phones now stuck in a restore loop. And all they say is give us £150 to fix it. F**k off
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Feel for you mate try a desperate Google for some help may be something out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't looked at any, but it sounds as though its fixable:

fixing restore loop
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you are a genuine Android enthusiast rather than just trolling.

Really when someone starts a thread asking for genuine help don’t be the first to jump in slagging the dark side off. Let iOS fanboys do that and then pile in. We are the good guys after all and we should not be seen as the ones causing a thread to be hijacked. If you feel the need to start an attack just start a new thread like the current one about Sammy’s market share doubling and sit back and wait for the fun.

I actually think it would be useful to have a separate sub form for mobile queries or some sticky threads like iPhones are so overpriced crap, Android is cheap and Blackberry are doomed. No need for a WP8 thread as no one gives a toss about them.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good move?

Despite what some say about iOS / Android, its really a matter of preference. Both operating systems and user interfaces are more than capable of operating with todays apps at any level. Both have a huge choice of apps and both app stores are pretty comparable in terms of quality and choice.

I like iOS but then mine is jailbroken and I have many additional features and hacks not available on normal iOS.

I'm a bit too long with iOS to change now - I've invested too much in apps and music and storage (and hacks) and aside from on Android the very customisable home screens and perhaps a slightly more hackable os / interface, I personally dont see much difference when it comes to opening an app and using it.

Try it out and go from there.:)
  • anonyyanonyy Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i have an iphone 4, my battery is still fine, i upgraded to samsung s3 last year, NEVER LOOKED BACK. Please DO NOT touch anymore apple products as this poster said. Android are NOT locked up like apple you can do what the heck you want with it and have better support.

I am NEVER touching another apple phone/tablet again.