• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be embarrassing for her now if this actually missed #1 in the end
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Would be embarrassing for her now if this actually missed #1 in the end

1 in today's midweek...Scherzy is so strong :cry: It'll probably fall down to 3 on sunday though
    Following two weeks at the top for Justin Timberlake’s Mirrors, X Factor judge Nicole Scherzinger this week steps in to challenge the US superstar in the bid for the Official Singles Chart summit. However, with Boomerang ahead by only 1,300 copies, it could be all change before Sunday.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to #6 now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek down to #7. This is going to have an awful chart run.

Is a Top 3 peak even likely now? Top 5?
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I don't think she helps herself in interviews sometimes.

Whether or not she was being serious, the headline "I'm too classy to win awards" kind of lends itself to be taken out of context and feeds into the Nicole-the-egomaniac image that's out there.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    It is a good song but shouldn't be no 1 its fairly bland compared to Don't hold your breath in my opinion.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to single #2. So far Nicole hasn't disappointed me with her solo career (ever since 'Poison' anyway).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also 'Boomerang' is now up to #7 on iTunes :)
  • speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    There are 'midweeks' released every day.

So do we know if Nicole was still no.1 in the Thursday "midweeks"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's down to #4 in today's midweek, and down to #10 on iTunes.
  • speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Is this info from Buzzjack?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today is chart day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't even make the Top 5 in the end...

#6 - Nicole Scherzinger - Boomerang

(and sorry speedyboi, yes it was).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amazing how quickly it seemed to drop after the midweeks?? crazy :
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame that radio did not support her??? I thought Radio 1 was going to put it on their playlist, I remember them tweeting saying that they would.

I find the song meh .....but a lot of people on here liked it. (Yes I know not to generalise the forum as the whole public)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Its a shame that radio did not support her??? I thought Radio 1 was going to put it on their playlist, I remember them tweeting saying that they would.

I find the song meh .....but a lot of people on here liked it. (Yes I know not to generalise the forum as the whole public)

BIB : They tweeted they were going to take a look at it but eventually didn't playlist it

Capital has been playing it this week though
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It's a shame it's not done very well, but it wasn't her best track. No where near as good as Poison, and probably on par with Don't Hold Your Breath (which I personally didn't think was deserving of #1).

I am surprised R1 didn't support it though. She has always been pretty popular with them, and they still regularly play DHYB, even as recently as last week! :confused:
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not done very well? Is #6 not a decent chart position then? It is in my book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #6 is decent! I don't get why some people think a non-#1 obviously means a crap song. It's a great track that did surprisingly well! Congrats Nicole! :)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #6 is decent! I don't get why some people think a non-#1 obviously means a crap song. It's a great track that did surprisingly well! Congrats Nicole! :)

Agreed. It's not like she's a Rihanna who can get a number one without doing any promotion. As a fan, I'm happy with #6.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, poor Nicole.
    At least she was #1 on Monday.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having heard this for the first time today, I think it's a pretty weak single. Very generic sound and faux-inspiring lyrics. I would have thought it would go top 5 due to name value alone but I don't think it deserved to be No.1. Mirrors is a far better song.

It's out of the iTunes top 10 already too, which isn't promising for its longevity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Radio 1 still hasn't playlisted it so it's probably not happening. I hope the second single is better.