Stuart Hall admits 14 sexual assaults...

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking that if 13 women were willing to testify against Hall, there must have been dozens or hundreds more victims who never came forward.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    withnailuk wrote: »
    Can someone tell me, why this dirty peado is not in jail? And why has he got until june to swan about or maybe top himself on bail? Surley any non celeb would be in jail would they not?

I'm pretty sure he will go to jail for this. There are too many individual victims for him to get a suspended sentence.
  • Angelica1973Angelica1973 Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    loonattic wrote: »
    why did these accusers come out with this after all this time? why couldnt they have just forgotten about it and left things the way they were? hope clips from its a knockout are still continued to be shown.stuart hall laughing his head off is hilairious.

Seriously ? Wow, you really can't educate pork.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Just thinking that if 13 women were willing to testify against Hall, there must have been dozens or hundreds more victims who never came forward.

why must there have been dozens/hundreds? we dont even know what exactly happened with these 13 women in the past.what if he had just put his arm round them for instance and all these years later they have blown it out of proportion? ever since the discovery about jimmy saville there seems to be more and more women making allegations.why didnt they come out with anything before this? are all the storys making them think that what was innocent seem more sinister?
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why must there have been dozens/hundreds? we dont even know what exactly happened with these 13 women in the past.what if he had just put his arm round them for instance and all these years later they have blown it out of proportion? ever since the discovery about jimmy saville there seems to be more and more women making allegations.why didnt they come out with anything before this? are all the storys making them think that what was innocent seem more sinister?

and more and more lunatics making assumptions that women are jumping on the bandwagon :mad: The police will have investigated this thoroughly and would only take forward the serious cases
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    RIP Stuart Hall
  • fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was raped 30 years ago. Should I just forget it and get over it? He clearly hasn't just put his arm round them,
    Forum Member
    I just want to punch the guy who made the Jimmy Savile docomentry
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He hasn't pleading guilty to just putting his arm around them, has he?

Why must some people talk about victims with such contempt?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    and more and more lunatics making assumptions that women are jumping on the bandwagon :mad: The police will have investigated this thoroughly and would only take forward the serious cases

obviously they can be taken in by someone who is good at putting on an act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    He hasn't pleading guilty to just putting his arm around them, has he?

Why must some people talk about victims with such contempt?

i havent seen what he supposedly has done.has it actually been said what happened?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »

There problem is that it's likely that there is a small amount of bandwagoning going on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i havent seen what he supposedly has done.has it actually been said what happened?
    Do you seriously think someone would be prosecuted for putting their arm around them?

He's pleaded guilty to multiple serious sexual assaults.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am NOT making excuses in any way and quite resent that allegation. I grew up in the sixties and the cultural outlook was very, very different then. There are many reasons why people did not report and still do not report what is considered to be a reportable crime nowadays. There is a huge difference between making excuses and offering a range of valid reasons. It is simply impossible to transpose the way people thought in the past and the way things are viewed today...as others have also pointed out.

Surely its never been acceptable to stick your hands up the skirt of a 9 year old girl? I can't think of any valid reason why a parent wouldn't report this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Surely its never been acceptable to stick your hands up the skirt of a 9 year old girl? I can't think of any valid reason why a parent wouldn't report this.
    I grew up in the 60s, too, and, yes, that wasn't remotely acceptable.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want to punch the guy who made the Jimmy Savile docomentry

Why? You think all of this should have been swept under the carpet? Catholic church tried that one and it didn't work
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »

Of course it's not acceptable, but I can think of reasons why a parent would choose not to report it. Trials were renowned for being horrendous for adult rape victims, never mind children.

I was assaulted years ago, I was an adult when it happened, but I wasn't then and am still not brave enough to report it.

Also, after seeing the way CID treated my son when he was a victim of a different sort of crime :mad:, I'd think twice before I reported any crime such as this.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No 'supposedly' about it - he has admitted what he did - the dirty bastard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fascinating insight into how this case came about from the Independent.
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Yes, awareness of dangers with no social responsibility. Let someone else's kids get abused, who cares as long as mine are okay.

That really wasn't how it was where I grew up in the 70s, quite the opposite in fact. People might not have reported a one-off incident to the police (although sometimes they might, especially if there were a few stories), but parents were actually talking to each other and that kind of info would spread fast, as I recall. EVERY parent in the area would know if something had happened & if there were places or people their kids needed to watch out for. And yes, that 'dads sorting someone out' thing was far more likely. The word 'abused' wasn't used tbh- not til the 80s anyway.

Different era, totally - you've got to put it in context of society at the time. It's not an 'excuse' to say that - as someone else has pointed out, even rape wasn't treated particularly sympathetically back then. Look at the police reaction to the Jimmy Savile stories at the time. Unless the parents were complicit by saying the child was lying, I think most would just have been doing what they though was best .
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 'supposedly' about it - he has admitted what he did - the dirty bastard.

Absolutely. Discussion over on that level.

Some strange posts on this thread. Yes a generation from that era (including me) might have had a small piece of their childhood tarnished forever, but thats nothing to what the victims have to put up with every day.

And he is "all too aware his disgrace is complete".

And so it is.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fascinating insight into how this case came about from the Independent.

Interesting that she says Hall didn't act alone and one of his cohorts was an MP and is now a Peer. More to come then?...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Interesting that she says Hall didn't act alone and one of his cohorts was an MP and is now a Peer. More to come then?...

Could well be. If the letter contained the name of the peer, the police will no doubt be looking into that aspect.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    southlad wrote: »
    Feel very sorry for the victims, especially if they had to watch this earlier this year,
    Funny how these scum can make it sound as though they are the true victims.

Still only the tip of the iceberg - when will those in higher places be called to account?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Again this is a really sad day. More sadder than my granny's death.