Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    16 Ellie Goulding - Explosions 16,100

from Buzzjack :)

Thanks had been wondering do you have sales of Halcyon and a link please :)

And as i speculated sales now stand at around 40k+ in total.

9k+, 14k+, and now 16k+ go Ellie:)

Another point also i have been speculating as to what may be her next US single Explosions, Figure 8 or something else entirely?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Thanks had been wondering do you have sales of Halcyon and a link please :)

No I dont have the Halcyon sales. If I did I would have posted that aswell like last week but the thread I get the info from only had Explosions sales sorry :)

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150315
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Happy that Explosions has continued to climb, I did not think it would and in terms of third singles, it has now surpassed The Writer
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo :D
    I want 'Halcyon' or 'My Blood' for the next single!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I dont have the Halcyon sales. If I did I would have posted that aswell like last week but the thread I get the info from only had Explosions sales sorry :)

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150315

Thank's anyhow :)

And i know it has been a surprise hit indeed Badkid and i know it is her 4th in terms of solo and 5th overall highest (Wonderman was #12) soit has done very well for her. Although it has had the adverse effect of totally overshadowing and pushing Figure 8 out of public consciousness.

And 3rd single for me My Blood, Only you, Atlantis and hopefully Calvin releases I Need Your Love would totally boost her profile if a hit :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie will be supporting Bruno Mars on selected dates after the conclusion of the Halcyon tour it has been announced :) it's all exposure and he is a big artist so go ellie :)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I kind of hope her next single will be Dead In The Water or High For This but I could see Stay Awake doing well if that was released.

I hope Calvin releases I Need Your Love soon...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of hope her next single will be Dead In The Water or High For This but I could see Stay Awake doing well if that was released.

I hope Calvin releases I Need Your Love soon...

I think most likely it will be My blood as it is her favourite and i think it would have followed Figure 8 had Explosions not blown up the way it has :) Also whilst HFT, and SA scream single and i love they are only on the special edition available only from universal so it is highly doubtful unless she re-releases in the future :0 Also yes Calvin plesae release INYL next has hit written all over it plus with her success in the US.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if any of you know this but Buzjack have I Need Your Love in the coming soon section of the new release schedule http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150533

So it look likely that it will be a single! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont know if any of you know this but Buzjack have I Need Your Love in the coming soon section of the new release schedule http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=150533

So it look likely that it will be a single! :)

Such good news if true could be a big hit for them both :)
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    "@elliegoulding: Shooting a video with Sir @CalvinHarris today"

Yay! I think it'll be a worldwide hit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! I think it'll be a worldwide hit.

Just saw it great news couldn't have come at a better time. Explosions and Halcyon are holding she's back in the UK the campaign is fresh and going good so hopefully this'll smash it for her :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Explosions #10 on itunes lets hope it continues to rise :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now #8 :eek:
    Forum Member
    I've been looking at this! I'm puzzled, what's happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I've been looking at this! I'm puzzled, what's happened?

Shh Don't complain :D

Genuinely no clue though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new peak of #13 for Explosions had it not been for the brits probably would have gone top 10 but alas also halcyon down 3 to 16 but thats a whole month in the top 20 :)
    Forum Member
    A new peak of #13 for Explosions had it not been for the brits probably would have gone top 10 but alas also halcyon down 3 to 16 but thats a whole month in the top 20 :)

I was just thinking this! My faves always seem to lose out in the charts around Brits time, mainly thinking of Gaga and BTW the single! Still, Explosions has done very well and provided the Halcyon era with some more life :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just thinking this! My faves always seem to lose out in the charts around Brits time, mainly thinking of Gaga and BTW the single! Still, Explosions has done very well and provided the Halcyon era with some more life :)

So true but a jump of 8 places is brilliant and as you said provided Halcyon with another hit and really helped sustain it I think it could well be a sleeper hit across the year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week Explosions and surprisingly for me sold 24K+ bringing sales to around 70K+ (i estimate from previous sales weeks) and Halcyon has sold abot 7K+ this week so if sales hold next week she should be getting a Gold certificate for Shipment and Sales of 100K :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A belated happy 3rd birthday to Lights an album that keeps me starry eyed as ever :)
    Forum Member
    A belated happy 3rd birthday to Lights an album that keeps me starry eyed as ever :)

Bad one haha :p

God it's hard to believe it's 3 years, I still remember the whole introduction to Ellie in early 2010, didn't really like her then but her personality and all came through and with the album. But at first I thought she was only about 16, she seemed so young
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad one haha :p

God it's hard to believe it's 3 years, I still remember the whole introduction to Ellie in early 2010, didn't really like her then but her personality and all came through and with the album. But at first I thought she was only about 16, she seemed so young

I remember being in the midst of musical exploration and so many great artist came out between 09-10 and Ellie came through at the end of the year. Some of the album tracks differed from the dem personally i like the original lyrics of I'll hold my breath and some of the production was heavy handed but overall Lights sparkled and still sounds great now.

Chart Update:
    Explosions down three to sixteen.
    Halcyon a non mover at 16

All round another great week chartwise :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sales Update:

Explosions has sold between 18-20K meaning total sales of between 91-93K

Halcyon- Between 5-7K overall sales 97-100K so it should being getting a Gold certifacte for Sales and Shipped soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been hearing Joy (instrumental) used alot in TV and was thinking it fits perfectly on from Explosions in the same way as Figure 8 followed on from Anything Could Happen and would make a great single as it's mid tempo with this huge finish and if released around the time of I Need Your Love would be the perfect antidote and complimentary song anyone agree?