Real Housewives Of New Jersey??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good god. Was flicking through channels... got to the C4 and noticed this programme, what the hell is this about? I see four tarts sending insults across the room at each other:eek:

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I've wandered past it before myself.

I seems they go to each others houses and bitch on about who is/isn't their friend, is/isn't part of their group.
    Comes over like that American High School thing with groups getting at each other, who's in, who's out, seems highly immature, at first glance.

Just had a look, round robin bitching with some bloke in the middle.
    It's the reunion show according to the Freeview guide, cheery little gathering.
    Hey ho, better things on TV and probably best ignored as low rent guff.
    Wouldn't waste any more time thinking about it OP and who it appeals to.
    Back to Mark Gatkiss and history of horror for me, while I warm up some food :)
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    They are a scary bunch of women. Saw a bit of it the other night and they just seem so repugnant.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    They are a scary bunch of women. Saw a bit of it the other night and they just seem so repugnant.

My wife has been watching the last few series. ok, I have seen a few:o;). These women have loads of money and botox and seem to get upset and call in the lawyers at the slightest thing. The sort of things most would brush off. They are VILE but it is bloody good fun watching the biatches:D
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member

Wow, South Park really nailed that show. That's pretty much my impression of it from watching it for 10 minutes in horror :D.
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I should've guessed but I was disappointed to find out that most of the on camera spats and cat-fights are set-ups and very much staged for maximum bitchiness.

Still, it is entertaining, and it's good to see how much Plastic Surgery these leathery bags of bones can endure before they begin to look like the last turkey in the shop.

It's also refreshing to see women who still see nothing wrong with not having any sort of independent income or career, spend all day lunching, and all the money their poor husbands can earn on deerskin sofas, Italian marble bidets and singing lessons for their mouthy, spindly 10 year-old tone deaf daughters.

Love it.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    The only thing trashier than this show is one called The A List New York. It's like this, only with gay guys
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Oh, and also, the woman in this show Teresa and her husband are something like 8 million dollars in debt :eek:
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this programe! i must be like one of the only people in the country who keeps up with every episode!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I quite fancy this one , a very sexy older women .

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/bio/danielle-staub
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jde-tv wrote: »
    I love this programe! i must be like one of the only people in the country who keeps up with every episode!!

No, you're not alone, it's my guilty pleasure. I sit with my mouth open in horror some of the time though :D

The Radio Times lists Friday nights double bill as a reunion show from series one, episodes 8 & 9 of 10 episodes. There is no mention of when episode 10 will be aired as its not in the RT for next week :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I am another avid Housewife fan!!!

I taped the Reunion (parts 1 and 2) the other day, went to watch them and only one of them taped.... the other failed :o
    Desperate to know what happened if the second part is to be repeated!
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen R wrote: »
    I am another avid Housewife fan!!!

I taped the Reunion (parts 1 and 2) the other day, went to watch them and only one of them taped.... the other failed :o
    Desperate to know what happened if the second part is to be repeated!

I have a feeling that channel 4 had some sort of contract where they had to show the whole series in 2010... as for the last 2 weeks its been on every other night!!! Iv still got about 4 episodes to watch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    You wont be disappointed!!!
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a hilarious show, they're mostly awful women.

There's one in Beverly Hills with Kelsey Grammers wife Camille, she had her 'mom' with her at some salon place and the mom was battling cancer. Mom couldn't get her 'nails done' because of the cancer treatment and Camille Grammer starts talking about how she has the cancer gene and it's so tough dealing with possibly getting cancer and having all the hard tests, making it completely about herself while the mother is actually dealing with cancer! Vile woman.

A radio show I listen to was bashing the show, funny stuff.
    brian723 wrote:
    I quite fancy this one , a very sexy older women .

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hous...danielle-staub
    Have you seen her...'tape' :) It's pretty good.
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    They should do a show here in the UK like it. Maybe the real housewives of Manchester or maybe and obscure town like Kent. Would be a real eyeopener.
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should do a show here in the UK like it. Maybe the real housewives of Manchester or maybe and obscure town like Kent. Would be a real eyeopener.

I want an Essex version..

C4 have just finished showing the 2nd series.

Series 1 - All are friends (sort of) until they investigate Danielle who has recently moved into the area and find out about her shocking past (there is a a book about it). Something along the lines of stripping, kidnapping etc.Show down insults traded at the showdown dinner.

Series 2 - No one is friends with Danielle, and all are trying to "cleanse" each other out of their lives. Lots of insults traded and riddiculous scenes.

Good lessons on how not to behave.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Valerian wrote: »
    No, you're not alone, it's my guilty pleasure. I sit with my mouth open in horror some of the time though :D

(

Me too. Danielle is repulsive. Caroline thinks she's in the Sopranos! Teresa has no forehead, her husband is a steroid addicted alcoholic, and Jacqueline needs to put down the botox needle.
    Still love it though :D
  • poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I love the show! I always seem to catch it at some silly time of the morning about 3am ish. I dunno if its shown earlier but thats when I get in from work!

Danielle is such a drama queen! But she isn't returning for the next season!
  • poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    Me too. Teresa has no forehead, :D

LMAO!!! I'm glad I'm not the only person to notice that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE this show, gutted its finished again :0( I missed the first four episodes of the second series but managed to find them online. I think I preferred the first series more as the second was pretty much about Danielle the whole time so was quite refreshing to have nearly a whole episode without or about her when they went to Italy. Loved all the housewives apart from Danielle, wanted to slap her, and also Kim G, two faced s*** stirrer! But I lol'd when Kim shouted to Danielle about her fake squared tits! And I have to admit I have a little crush on Albie lol

Can't wait for this to return for a 3rd series!
  • mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show featuring the New Jersey girls is also my guilty pleasure :o and I have not missed an episide despite the ridiculous times it's often shown on channel 4.
    Danielle comes across as a vile creature but yet her antics with the other women are still so watchable!
    I believe there will be a series three but reportedly Danielle Staub will not be taking part.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this programme -- annoyed that its always on at stupid o'clock on a Sunday night. Geez, some of us have work in the morning!

Danielle is freaking nuts - and that ex mafia henchman gimp Danny that she always has "protecting" her - he basically wants to bang her!

I like the one with the curly hair with the spoilt kids (Gia and the other three kids in tow).

I am entertained by the strained mother daughter relationship between Theresa and Ashley. Damn, there's some issues there. Reminds me a bit of me and my mum but there's no way I would speak to my mum like Ashley does, so disrespecful!
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member

Real Housewives of Cockermouth perhaps?

Don't we already have a version - The Only Way Is Essex?
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the one with the curly hair with the spoilt kids (Gia and the other three kids in tow).

I am entertained by the strained mother daughter relationship between Theresa and Ashley. Damn, there's some issues there. Reminds me a bit of me and my mum but there's no way I would speak to my mum like Ashley does, so disrespecful!

Curly hair - Theresa (mum of four)
    Ashley's mum - Jacquline