Options

The Beyoncé Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think it is a DVD in the making. Funny when she told them not to over-choreograph countdown as she needs to sing it :D
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I really hope she releases it on DVD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how intensive Beyoncé is with her work, she really puts so much effort and involvement in every angle of the show, just makes me love her even more! Definitely looks like an intensive choreo show with Countdown in full etc. I like how she also said she wants to introduce End of Time rather than let the beat do it, B is in full command! Hope the Les Twins are there too, love watching them go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    I love how intensive Beyoncé is with her work, she really puts so much effort and involvement in every angle of the show, just makes me love her even more! Definitely looks like an intensive choreo show with Countdown in full etc. I like how she also said she wants to introduce End of Time rather than let the beat do it, B is in full command! Hope the Les Twins are there too, love watching them go!

They will be there :)
    I just watched the video. I love how in control she is of all aspects of her shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear I feel so thick watching her in documentaries talk about every little technical aspect of her shows. I am like, I don't know what you are talking about but hmm ok Bey, it sounds good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 2 is here
    http://www.beyonce.com/photos-videos/making-of-revel-part-2

that STAGE WTF!!! just wow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyoncé looked amazing at Revel! The costumes were hot and she looked like she was having a brilliant time of it. Hoping it comes to DVD soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A cameraman confirmed it will be released on DVD. I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cameraman confirmed it will be released on DVD. I can't wait!!!

Wow! Officially the thing I'm most excited for this year! If this is what she can put together in two weeks for a set of 4 shows then her next concert is going to be out of this world! Queen B is ready to snatch those weaves!
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys, haven't posted here before but just watched that concert and Wow!! She blew me away, I particularly loved Love on Top and Freakum Dress. What amazing vocals - that's how it should be done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is amazing isn't she

full stage view
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOaLdCtuadM

How much did this cost?!! damn Bey
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does she do it...have a long gap between her 4 album promo (which because its summer i will blast again this year.....its an album that has grown with time!) have a child/become a mother and get back in shape and give some truly top top top performances???

Bey has brought the old skool to the nu skool! :cool: Very touching Donna Summer and Whitney tributes there too...nailed!

Vocally HIT, choreo HIT, presence HIT, costumes HIT

love to love ya baby! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyoncé is an unstoppable force of nature. I love how her mastery of the stage is always somehow improving, taking it to newer, higher levels. She's definitely one of the best performer's alive. Every time she comes back with better choreography and she seems to be focussing a lot on the dramatics these days too with her stage visuals. Halo literally was electrifying and emotionally beautiful, blended beautifully with the Whitney tribute. The sexually charged Naughty Girls...what a perfect way to pay homage to the legend of Donna Summer! I definitely see these tributes being continued on the next tour. The Mommas are always improving too, they are very much becoming Beyoncé's equal and they must never leave Beyoncé's show, just incredible! She must bring them in to record some backing vocals or sing with her on some songs on a future album. My only gripe, which is a very minor one at that, is no Deja Vu because that's my fave Beyoncé song and it's a perfect track for the summery weather. Long live Queen B!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Beyoncé is an unstoppable force of nature. I love how her mastery of the stage is always somehow improving, taking it to newer, higher levels. She's definitely one of the best performer's alive. Every time she comes back with better choreography and she seems to be focussing a lot on the dramatics these days too with her stage visuals. Halo literally was electrifying and emotionally beautiful, blended beautifully with the Whitney tribute. The sexually charged Naughty Girls...what a perfect way to pay homage to the legend of Donna Summer! I definitely see these tributes being continued on the next tour. The Mommas are always improving too, they are very much becoming Beyoncé's equal and they must never leave Beyoncé's show, just incredible! She must bring them in to record some backing vocals or sing with her on some songs on a future album. My only gripe, which is a very minor one at that, is no Deja Vu because that's my fave Beyoncé song and it's a perfect track for the summery weather. Long live Queen B!

Agreed on everything- is there a reason she hasn't performed Deja Vu properly since the Beyonce Experience tour in 207 for the Bday album? She never sings it at any of her gigs anymore, apart from the first few bars in the I Am...Tour. Shame as it's one of my favourite songs of hers. But maybe when creating a setlist, she's got so much that she wants to fit in that maybe Deja Vu just doesn't make the cut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKes7I70J8A

Now I really want the DVD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »

A Bit guted End Of Time didnt have an official video filmed for it really....it is my favourite Beyonce song!

But damn that performance...agreed :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Bit guted End Of Time didnt have an official video filmed for it really....it is my favourite Beyonce song!

But damn that performance...agreed :cool:

Yh she needed to do a Run The World kind of video for End of Time :(

OTT Big budget video
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yh she needed to do a Run The World kind of video for End of Time :(

OTT Big budget video

Yeah the visuals for RUn The World seriously...her best video IMO...he song is very ok-ish...an experiment with the Diplo/Majer Lazer sample but the video...WOAH!!!

End Of Time with an insane video like that would have been beyond immense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the visuals for RUn The World seriously...her best video IMO...he song is very ok-ish...an experiment with the Diplo/Majer Lazer sample but the video...WOAH!!!

End Of Time with an insane video like that would have been beyond immense.

We can only dream :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asdabio234 wrote: »
    Agreed on everything- is there a reason she hasn't performed Deja Vu properly since the Beyonce Experience tour in 207 for the Bday album? She never sings it at any of her gigs anymore, apart from the first few bars in the I Am...Tour. Shame as it's one of my favourite songs of hers. But maybe when creating a setlist, she's got so much that she wants to fit in that maybe Deja Vu just doesn't make the cut.

No, she never did give any reason for no more full Deja Vu performances. She always acted like it was one of her favourites too and would always say "This is my jam!" on the B Day tour when she danced her ass off to it. I would like her to switch up the setlist more and drop something like Baby Boy for Deja Vu. Baby Boy is a tune but Countdown is basically the 2011 version of it sound-wise and if she still wants her Carribbean-esque, dancehall track for future shows.

That teaser of End of Time...damn! Gimme some more teasers, B! I ADORE that introduction, it's world class, the spotlight and the ladies, very James Bond-like, End of Time was a genius opening song. So glad she used that instead of Crazy In Love for a change. Hopefully the teaser will be a lead on for a full performance or more teasers (or both!). She used a similar strategy for the Roseland release.

My only request is this DVD release is explicitly focused upon her performance and doesn't have random clips of Beyoncé on holiday or something inserted here and there, keep that separate as an additional feature on Behind the Scenes or something. When she can perform so Godly then she doesn't need to distract us with footage of her eating an ice cream or going on a slide/swimming etc. Because ultimately although it's great to see her relaxed and having a good time, that's what I see the extras as, a big distraction and it's really unnecessary. 100% performance please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll catch up to the threads once on I get back home today.. But I seen the mamas out to eat after the show. Album this year and world tour next year!!!!! So for those who couldn't make it, save your coins now!!
    It was Montina actually...at the end of our conversation I said "So when is the world tour?" she said "Sometime next year, expect the album this year." I told her I can't wait to see it, she said it will be great and cant wait to see me there! They were so nice! I didn't want to ramble on too long with them cause they were hungry and tired! they said the 17 hours rehearsals was no joke!

From the Beyhive forum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Beyhive forum

I SO HOPE THIS IS TRUE! I want some new Beyoncé in my life.

Although realistically, would the Mamas be allowed to state Beyoncé's plans without B giving any teasers or anything?

I would assume if genuine that the album will be in October/November earliest and she would launch a world tour in the summer so she has enough time to launch some singles and make the next era work out commercially and chart-wise.

Hmm, I will take this with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I SO HOPE THIS IS TRUE! I want some new Beyoncé in my life.

Although realistically, would the Mamas be allowed to state Beyoncé's plans without B giving any teasers or anything?

I would assume if genuine that the album will be in October/November earliest and she would launch a world tour in the summer so she has enough time to launch some singles and make the next era work out commercially and chart-wise.

Hmm, I will take this with a pinch of salt.

Whatever happens what sort of album do you want Beyonce to do? DIL? B'day? IASF? 4?

What about Dance Chart music?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Bey....heck if its continuing onto the next step from 4...i will be in definitely.

If the album and new material is out post-summer into winter it would make for some great promo areas/performance opportunities. And this time next year she could well be on tour too :-O

Unless the new album is a soundtrack for A Star Is Born....are they still filming that?? lol.