Which finale of a Show really hit you hard?

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me of course the final of friends, but also desperate housewives and my new fav show is Friday night lights and I have a strong feeling I'm going to bawl when that ends.

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried like a girl when I watched the final episode of Farscape.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and how could I forget lost
  • SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    The last episode of St. Elsewhere.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final episode of Babylon 5 "Sleeping in Light" damn near had me bawling.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Friends :cry:
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    The final episode of Babylon 5 "Sleeping in Light" damn near had me bawling.

I got something in my eye watching that as well. Last episode of Blakes 7 had a huge impression on me as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. This is quite freaky. I literally just watched the 30 Rock finale and it has really stuck with me. I'm actually feeling quite fragile at the moment!

It was perfect. I am so glad the show went out on a high.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that the memories of a show and movies are like memories of ourselves, I remember when desperate housewives started, every Wednesday evening I would sit down on the sofa and watch enjoying myself with no tension and look to the next episode and what's going to happen, and I had no worries, I was in school and life seemed simple.

The same goes for friends and other like ally mcbeal as well, although I've not seen the final series
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the last Quantum Leap was cool

I think it gave em an idea for Ashes to Ashes
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashes to Ashes, Lost, Friends, Six Feet Under.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Buffy the music was amazing for a small budget tv show back in 03 sfx is not to shabby either even to today loved that slomo bit were she gets the axe and cuts the vamps head off

Plus it was bufgels lastreunion and final onscreen moments
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends, Ugly Betty and Lost.
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugly Betty.

It hit me really hard because it was the first tv show I watched religiously from the beginning and really got into. I was 15 when it started and I could identify with Betty and her situation so much. It taught me a lot about myself and when it ended I really did feel a little lost.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Xena: Warrior Princess - I really, really wanted her and Gabs to walk off into the sunset hand in hand, but instead they - at the risk of spoiling a very old show - beheaded her. Having said that, it certainly made for a remarkably memorable ending that undoubtedly lingers longer in the mind than any sappy ending would've.

Regards

Mark
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will and Grace did me in, as did Friends.
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    Scrubs, if you call the season 8 finale the actual finale. That aired in the UK the week after I left a job that I really liked, so the timing made it particularly resonant.

I haven't seen it. but everyone raves about the Six Feet Under finale.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubs, if you call the season 8 finale the actual finale

God, how could I forget that ?

I think that did for me more than Will and Grace and Friends combined :)

You could also say that the finale of The Sopranos hit me hard because it made me so utterly angry that it ended in the way it did - one of the greatest shows of all time ending in such a way that makes me think my recording of it crapped out.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends
    Buffy (though i ruined it by reading spoilers:o)
  • Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babylon 5, great show that I'd watched from the beginning and got really involved in and a really nice final episode as well, only slightly spoilt by Channel 4 cutting back to a studio full of cheering loons the second the credits ended.

Six Feet Under was another really nice one as well.

I think both of them managed to be quite sad but also uplifting and hopeful at the same time.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The buffy one stuck with me because of how we all feel that we have the weight of the world on our shoulders and eventually we will find that time top sit back and live your life

The desperate housewives one stuck with me because you can be great friends with people, but in actual fact, what really kept you together was living on the same street and it never went beyond that when leaving
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shield had a great ending. Not sure it hit me hard but was a very nicely wrapped way to end the show and condemn Vic to a fate worst than death.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    The Shield had a great ending. Not sure it hit me hard but was a very nicely wrapped way to end the show and condemn Vic to a fate worst than death.
    That was going to be my pick too, an ending totally appropriate to the preceeding series.

And I hated it at the time, probably because I was so annoyed about it being cancelled, but with some distance, I really like the ending of "Angel", with the group running straight into a death-or-glory charge against the forces of darkness...

PS Not a great show by any means, just a one-and-done from a few years back, but the excellent ending of "Persons Unknown" ("Welcome to level 2!") almost made me wish we were going to get a season 2...
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quantum Leap and MASH of course!
  • flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOST. I still miss it; sounds dumb I know but my Dad passed away about halfway through the series, and I took it (Dad going) much worse than I expected. So the finale - although not how I would have chosen it to end - actually really resonated with me.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Not the finale for the show but Michael J.Fox's departure from Spin City.I think he's great and you knew he was leaving because of his condition and then he came out in front of the studio audience at the end and hugged the cast goodbye.