Feel Sorry For Pasha

Comments

• MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that there's probably going to be an unholy, all-consuming push for a female winner next series, and most of the eligible male pros (ie Not Anton) this year got contenders of a sort, I'd imagine Pasha's still in with a chance of getting another young hottie.

Either that or a Dr Hammie style Stealth Ringah.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I agree Monkseal - so the come closer question is how many of the female celebs will be likely winners? (out of 7 couples). I will go for at least 4. (and only 1 talented/hottie male celeb).
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    I agree Monkseal - so the come closer question is how many of the female celebs will be likely winners? (out of 7 couples). I will go for at least 4. (and only 1 talented/hottie male celeb).

That's kind of similar to this year, with the male being Louis, and the females being Kimberley, Denise, Dani, and, I suppose, Lisa.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say either Denise or Lisa were ever realistic contenders for the win. Most people called what would happen with Denise the second she was cast, right down to the week it happened.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

And they need to make sure they are not in a well supported band and unable to dance more than dad dancing. ;)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel more sorry for Pros that have been on this show for ages and have had more than two bad (dancing) celebs in consexutive years. Anton, Kristina and Erin spring to mind off the top of my head. Pasha has had two good consectutive years in a row, so, I'm sure if you look at the bigger picture his Strictly experience so far has been very good! Look at Flavia, her first time in the final was back with Matt, and then she had go through a few duds before being back in the final with a good dancer again to finally win it. Other Pros too haven't had the luxury of good dancing celebs to help make the final again the following year (or even ever again) so I'd be inclined to think Pasha can't believe his luck of history on this show so far in comparison to the bad luck of the draw for some of the other pros who seemed to get dumped on more years than not.
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Chelsee wasn't a natural dancer, in fact she was favourite for a early exit it was Pasha and Chelsee's hard work that got the to the final. Kimberley was a fav from the beginning so not expecting him to get a favourite next year but then again James has never got a dud either and he has been on the show longer (James has got a variety of contestants but all with some dance ability) I feel more for Erin, her best chance was Austin who because of the Judges wasn't in the final.

The best chance for Erin was Colin and we all know what she did there..
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's had 2 good years since being on the show; but had been given 2 excellent dancers as well.

I thought Pasha and Kimberley were an excellent pairing as with Pasha and Chelsee last year; however I wanted Louis to win this year and wanted a win for Flav as well - she's earned her stripes on the show having a bad start with Jimmy, missing out with Matt then a string of really bad celebs mixed with some ones with potential who had really early exits.

Pasha will get a win IMO; however needs to do the time first :D

BIB exactly. I dont feel sorry for him AT ALL!
    Im not the biggest James fan but he deserves a win more than Pasha does. Same with Erin and Vincent. I like Pasha but he deserves to get duffers for at least 2 or 3 years in row.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I feel more sorry for Pros that have been on this show for ages and have had more than two bad (dancing) celebs in consexutive years. Anton, Kristina and Erin spring to mind off the top of my head. Pasha has had two good consectutive years in a row, so, I'm sure if you look at the bigger picture his Strictly experience so far has been very good! Look at Flavia, her first time in the final was back with Matt, and then she had go through a few duds before being back in the final with a good dancer again to finally win it. Other Pros too haven't had the luxury of good dancing celebs to help make the final again the following year (or even ever again) so I'd be inclined to think Pasha can't believe his luck of history on this show so far in comparison to the bad luck of the draw for some of the other pros who seemed to get dumped on more years than not.

Exactly. I agree. :cool:
    If U ask me Aliona, Artem and Pasha have been very very lucky compared to the pros who have been on this show for a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really like Pasha but I cant feel sorry for him really he has come 2nd both years he has been on the show which is a really good record. However although I agree with the poster who said even a perfect showdance would have made no difference to the outcome in the end, I also cant feel too sorry for someone who has choreographed two showdance stinkers in a row,

So true.
  • Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Hes actually quite lucky to have had two good partners, felt more sorry for him with Chelsee as he did a good job of turning her into a dancer, but his show dance blew it plus up against the Mcfly/young girl vote which was strong..Kim blew it for him with her poor start, other commitments etc she should have walked the series IMO
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hes actually quite lucky to have had two good partners, felt more sorry for him with Chelsee as he did a good job of turning her into a dancer, but his show dance blew it plus up against the Mcfly/young girl vote which was strong..Kim blew it for him with her poor start, other commitments etc she should have walked the series IMO

One thing is for sure Chris, Pasha has impressed once again:)
  • aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Pasha gets a duffer next year like Artem did this year he has had two very good able celebs for the past 2 years. We need to see his strengths with someone less able.

I like some of his choreography, but his showdances really let him down on reviewing this years especially, it was quite poor really.

Anyway have withdrawel symptoms already for SCD, cannot wait for Autumn 2013
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before you feel too sorry for Pasha, remember that, in addition to dancing with Kimberley Walsh every week, he also gets to go home to Katya Virshilas. So I don't feel sorry for him at all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, I think you may be confused. Pasha isn't in a relationship with Katya. Katya got married to fellow professional dancer Klaus Kongsdaal in the summer. Pasha does dance professionally with Katya for a touring production.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely Pasha has been in the final 2 years in a row.

I'll feel sorry for him when he ends up with a Widdicome type celeb in 2013. Can't see him being partnered with another "good" celeb:(
  • diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    But Pasha's showdances are still substandard, and this year, maybe even more so than last year, an insufficient showdance undercut Kimberley's chances for the win.

I also feel the same last year show dance with Chelsee was shocking, and this year he wobbled all over the place in the lifts.

(but I'm glad this year as wanted Louis to win :D:D)
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, I think you may be confused. Pasha isn't in a relationship with Katya. Katya got married to fellow professional dancer Klaus Kongsdaal in the summer. Pasha does dance professionally with Katya for a touring production.

Aha I see thanks for clarifying that. I do feel a bit more sorry for him now.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way James will get a win is if he has a personality transplant or turns mute - even then I can't ever see him winning - despite always getting someone who can dance (barring his 1st year)

Hope you don't mind if I ask a question.:)

This is the first year I've watched and I've been aware of considerable ill will towards James.

What on earth has he done to make him so unpopular around here?:confused:
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Hope you don't mind if I ask a question.:)

This is the first year I've watched and I've been aware of considerable ill will towards James.

What on earth has he done to make him so unpopular around here?:confused:

I think it started with calling Georgina fat. :D
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »

She was a lazy moo too ... I think James is far too outspoken to appeal to the majority of the viewing public but he has had some lovely partnerships.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Pasha did very well getting to the final both times in his first two years. He now is due a stinker. Or he could go to the US and do DWTS (my preferred option)
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the VT of James and Denise in training where they insulted each other (bad breath, etc) was really nasty. Even if "teasing" I don't like that sort of thing.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »

Thank you.:)
  • Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    One thing is for sure Chris, Pasha has impressed once again:)

Yes Terry, IMO the best male pro and comes across very nice and polite, the only other two who have impressed me were Darren Bennet and Mat Cutler.