BLUEWATER_VIDEOA....flv What is this???????

Not sure about other sites but when I visit Digitalspy this file try's to download BLUEWATER_VIDEOA....flv anyone know what it is?

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and this is why ALL outside advertising on websites should be BANNED, as the websites like this do not know what's on the "other side"

websites should have their OWN advertising stream to counter this very real security threat to them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I see it's coming from an advert on Digital Spy. :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    and this is why ALL outside advertising on websites should be BANNED, as the websites like this do not know what's on the "other side"

websites should have their OWN advertising stream to counter this very real security threat to them!

I agree that all adverts should be hosted on the website that they're being shown on. The website should also check the adverts to make sure that they're safe to be downloaded.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just today the video adverts on digitalspy have started autoplaying with no way to stop them apart from muting the audio.
    As there's often two per page they try to talk over each other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moestavern wrote: »
    Not sure about other sites but when I visit Digitalspy this file try's to download BLUEWATER_VIDEOA....flv anyone know what it is?
    I'd say it's time to install adblock plus ;)
  • EarakeEarake Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand what people mean when they say about seeing adverts on webpages.....all I get is what I want to see
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It takes about 2 minutes to stop ads forever with Firefox and AdBlock Plus.