Can you block/stop people texting your mobile

Afternoon all,

I wondered if anyone can help, is it possible to block people from phoning or texting you on your mobile phone?

Thanks

Edit to say, sorry I didn't mean to put stop in the title of the thread, if I could stop them, I wouldn't have to block them.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only phones I'm aware of that let you block individual numbers are Samsungs. Even their very cheapo phones allow you to do this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only phones I'm aware of that let you block individual numbers are Samsungs. Even their very cheapo phones allow you to do this.

• DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some Sony Ericssons have some kind of blocking option (for calls only) in Manage Calls (something like that) in the Settings menu :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have a wee look, thanks to you both for the replies:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Just bear in mind there's nothing the networks can do to block anyone from calling or texting you.
  • Bang Bang BoomBang Bang Boom Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DXRulz wrote: »
    Some Sony Ericssons have some kind of blocking option (for calls only) in Manage Calls (something like that) in the Settings menu :)

MY SE has something like this but you have to put all the numbers that u do want to contact u in a list all numbers not in that list cant call or txt u. u do get a txt when a number not in that list tries to contact u
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    All Nokia smartphones and Windows Mobile can do this.
  • hammohammo Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive a nOKia N95 8GB and can u block numbers on this
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    As its a Nokia Smartphone then yes, the easiest way is to download the free Call Filter application for S60.com