Leona Lewis - Could she be finally opening up?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
Forum Member
In this article, Leona says that she's recording her next album after Christmas, With Love in January.
She said that she's going for a "retro" sound.

Does this finally mean that she's finally stepping away from the Ballads and opening up to people?

Interview article: http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/interviews/a534229/leona-lewis-interview-my-next-album-has-to-be-better.html

Comments

• BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she has had her hair done and is pulling a stupid face.

She is finally opening up!
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know what you are talking about, but I have noticed she seems more confident in interviews lately and the one you posted is really interesting.

I'm glad she is still proud of Glassheart, even if it didn't perform as well as her other albums, because it is in my opinion her best album. It's also interesting that she only ever intended it to get released in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I don't really know what you are talking about, but I have noticed she seems more confident in interviews lately and the one you posted is really interesting.

I'm glad she is still proud of Glassheart, even if it didn't perform as well as her other albums, because it is in my opinion her best album. It's also interesting that she only ever intended it to get released in the UK.

That was clearly a lie just to save face, her new album is getting released worldwide at the same time, why would Glassheart not have? Only because it severely underperformed in the market where her sales are supposed to be strongest.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is classed as retro? because motown as a full album is a no go for her if you ask me.

Ava Maria proves she has the talent to pull off a full on classical album and I think that is where a successful future for her lays.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was clearly a lie just to save face, her new album is getting released worldwide at the same time, why would Glassheart not have? Only because it severely underperformed in the market where her sales are supposed to be strongest.

Your argument makes no sense.

"getting released worldwide at the same time, why would Glassheart not have?"

Then you go on to say....

"Only because it severely underperformed in the market where her sales are supposed to be strongest."

So you are asking why Glassheart wasn't released worldwide AT THE SAME TIME, like 'Christmas, With Love'....and saying it's because it underperformed in the UK, so how could she have decided not to release it at the same time before she knew how it did in the UK? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    No need to get upset, you know it's the truth as well. If glassheart had done well in the UK it would have been given a worldwide release, rather it was getting an eventual worldwide release until it underperformed severely in her strongest market.

She's signed to a US label as well, she can't spend 3 years on an album with the intention of just releasing in one market, it's illogical.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to get upset, you know it's the truth as well. If glassheart had done well in the UK it would have been given a worldwide release, rather it was getting an eventual worldwide release until it underperformed severely in her strongest market.

She's signed to a US label as well, she can't spend 3 years on an album with the intention of just releasing in one market, it's illogical.

I'm not upset. You said "Why didn't she release it at the same time?" and then answered your own question with "because it didn't perform well in the UK" which makes absolutely no sense, how can she decide not to release something at the same time based on sales, if they hadn't seen the sales yet.

How is it illogical? She recorded the album in the UK, worked with her team in the UK, and not her team in the USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree..Maybe it was Leona's intention for it to be UK only, but her label probably had other ideas. If it had done really well in the UK and Europe, her label might have insisted it go worldwide, but I see no reason why Leona would lie.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when is she going to finish her syco contract she needs to go to another label who will promote her properly.
    that's if she can be bothered if she goes away for another two years her career will be over she's lucky to be getting the attention she is it's not like when she was on x factor.
    you can't just release an album or single and bother to promote it doing one x factor performance isn't enough.
    I do hope she gets it together cause she is really talented.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    when is she going to finish her syco contract she needs to go to another label who will promote her properly.
    that's if she can be bothered if she goes away for another two years her career will be over she's lucky to be getting the attention she is it's not like when she was on x factor.
    you can't just release an album or single and bother to promote it doing one x factor performance isn't enough.
    I do hope she gets it together cause she is really talented.

She is going straight back into the studio in January she said and hopes to release her fifth album next year. Plus she won't be disappearing completely, she has a movie out in the middle of the year aswell.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's so Godly
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Leona deserves to be a huge star again Spirit era style. I hope the christmas album sells well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read her recent interview for digitalspy. There was no honesty there at all. She avoided the question as to why "Glassheart" totally flopped. She instead starting talking about worldwide releases.

On top of that her behaviour earlier on this year on a chat show where she refused to even sing a line of "Bleeding Love" even when the host asked her so nicely..

I love "One More Sleep" it's the best thing she has done in ages. I do however feel if she was MORE honest as to what the real situation was it would win her some more fans. I wasn't the 1st person to think how deluded she sounded when she spoke about the commercial success of "Glassheart" I think it's stuff like this that is hindering her success and her ability to warm to casual fans like myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I love "One More Sleep" it's the best thing she has done in ages. I do however feel if she was MORE honest as to what the real situation was it would win her some more fans. I wasn't the 1st person to think how deluded she sounded when she spoke about the commercial success of "Glassheart" I think it's stuff like this that is hindering her success and her ability to warm to casual fans like myself.

There are loads of successful artists that bulls*** way more than Leona. Mostly all of Taylor Swift's relationships have been publicity stunts for example and nothing she says seems genuine. I also don't see the point of Leona moaning about her album flopping, she just needs to move on and focus on what she's doing now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    There are loads of successful artists that bulls*** way more than Leona. Mostly all of Taylor Swift's relationships have been publicity stunts for example and nothing she says seems genuine. I also don't see the point of Leona moaning about her album flopping, she just needs to move on and focus on what she's doing now.

Taylor Swift is selling in the millions. She doesn't need to avoid question about dwindling sales. Leona on the other hand made up excuses after excuses in her recent interview about the dismal sales of "Glassheart" when she really could have just said yea it didn't do well, next time I hope for better.

It would make her that little bit more warm and human if she did. Hopefully this album will prove her justice and sell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attia_Ash wrote: »
    I read her recent interview for digitalspy. There was no honesty there at all. She avoided the question as to why "Glassheart" totally flopped. She instead starting talking about worldwide releases.

On top of that her behaviour earlier on this year on a chat show where she refused to even sing a line of "Bleeding Love" even when the host asked her so nicely..

maybe she doesn't want to start trouble with her record company..im sure Simon wouldn't be best pleased if Leona was bad mouthing the label, saying its all their fault :D
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    her voice on 'ave maria' is perhaps one of the best vocals I have heard all year! Surely a grammy winner?
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »
    Yeah she has had her hair done and is pulling a stupid face.

She is finally opening up!

The face pulling disappointed me. She is the last person who I would have expected to go for that.

I do like her a lot though and have never understood the criticism of her being boring. Looking very forward to Christmas, With Love and I think a retro album could be fun.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be the dirtiest thread title of the year:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    This has to be the dirtiest thread title of the year:o

LOOL :D:D