Burton's Potato Puffs!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They were THE yummiest snack ever invented.

I just emailed Burton's to find out where I can get some from.

That is how sad my life is! :)

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I noticed some in my local Londis shop the other day. Must be at least 10 years since I'd last seen them......
  • onthewoodonthewood Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awkward swines to eat though.:)

Didn't they used to come in plain and beef flavours?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    OP, I agree. These little fluffy pillows of delight were the best snack ever invented. I used to rush home from school to get a bag in Nobby's sweet shop every day, they were beautiful.
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I noticed some in my local Londis shop the other day. Must be at least 10 years since I'd last seen them......

I don't think I've seen them since I used to buy them at junior school - if I remember correctly at a cost of 3d :D:D I loved them and have never found anything else as good.

P.S. Am I right in thinking they used to come in a red bag ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, red bag! Marvellous! And....there are other people with nothing better to do than discuss potato snacks. Oh happy day! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I agree. These little fluffy pillows of delight were the best snack ever invented. I used to rush home from school to get a bag in Nobby's sweet shop every day, they were beautiful.

Fluffy pillows of delight! LOL!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So they still make them!! (Or Londis have really old stock!) I live in the North - we don't have any Londis shops!!!
    Forum Member
    suzzle wrote: »
    Yes, red bag! Marvellous! And....there are other people with nothing better to do than discuss potato snacks. Oh happy day! :)

:D:D

I'm just glad someone else remembers them - I got to the stage I thought I must have imagined them - my OH doesn't know what I'm talking about when I try to describe them :(:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt they do cheese and onion flavour as well or am I thinking of something else?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say puff!

*poses*
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in the North - we don't have any Londis shops!!!

There are loads of Londis shops in the North.
    Forum Member
    VickiGri wrote: »
    didnt they do cheese and onion flavour as well or am I thinking of something else?

I only remember the one "potato puff" flavour :D
  • GemwbaGemwba Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and what about Wheeler's crisps - the ones with a squirrel on the front and shaped oddly enough like wheels! :)
  • BigfeetBigfeet Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemwba wrote: »
    and what about Wheeler's crisps - the ones with a squirrel on the front and shaped oddly enough like wheels! :)

Yay - lovely - salt and vinegar, ready salted, or cheese and onoin flavour :) .
  • AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were THE yummiest snack ever invented.

I just emailed Burton's to find out where I can get some from.

That is how sad my life is! :)

Unfortunately they don't make them anymore.

:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    Did they not do Cheese and Tomato flavour too??? I remember potato puffs with that flavour, they were my mums fave - she was addicted to them lol
    but I dont remember the packet being the same as the one in that link :confused:
    then again - I'm talking about 18-20 years ago now that I think about it :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they not do Cheese and Tomato flavour too??? I remember potato puffs with that flavour, they were my mums fave - she was addicted to them lol
    but I dont remember the packet being the same as the one in that link :confused:
    then again - I'm talking about 18-20 years ago now that I think about it :eek:

Yeah the packaging does look different to what I can remember as well (around 15 years ago I'd say)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    AppleTango wrote: »
    Unfortunately they don't make them anymore.

:cry:

Yes, they stopped making them a few years ago. The plant where they were made was actually shut down I believe.

If you find any, I'd have a good look at the sell by date before you buy..it's likely to be about 3 years past the date at the minimum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Blue bags were salt & vinegar, red bags were ready salted and brown bags were beef...and they were only 2p in my day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Received this from Burtons....

"Thank you for your e-mail. Burton's Potato Puffs were discontinued about
    five years ago when Burton’s Foods made the decision to move away from the
    production of mainstream savoury snacks due to the highly competitive
    nature of this market. Burton’s focus is now on sweet biscuit production
    and the marketing of premium savoury under the Bertolli licence.

We have no plans for the re-introduction of these savoury products."

Were the ones in Londis an appetizing green colour?:eek: :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    We should get a factory and bring them back !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a pack of Walkers Crinkles today and ended up with a flash back of crisps from yonder year. I think it was Puffs that I was thinking of but can't find a picture of the actual crisp to find out. Either way if anyone is still looking for a fix of the old good stuff I think Walkers might have a close contender
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just dragging up this ancient thread to say I'm sure they were made by Walters in the 60's. I helped run the school tuck shop and I think I'm right. They were later made by Burtons. I don't recall the early ones coming in any other flavour than plain. how I wish they'd reappear on the shelves, they were wonderful!
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andy! :o

I got all excited then thinking they were back on the shelves :'(

:D