Do you like iOS7?

KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
Forum Member
✭✭
Poll up.

(judge from an aesthetic viewpoint and/or based on the features demoed.)

Do you like iOS7? 168 votes

Yes
54%
[Deleted User]Adam LawAye Up[Deleted User]QuackersPsycho_NedpsionicAKWSteven L HunterJason[Deleted User]ukpDaveoc64[Deleted User]john_huntertreefr0g[Deleted User]TH14megarespTheBigM 91 votes
No
20%
lambycolin 38artnada[Deleted User]AxeVictimJustinThePubwavejockglwflagpole[Deleted User]Mick JoneskegsieTelevisionUserlinkinpark875Pencilsotekclonmultmrvgargnafanny29SaddlerSteveglyn9799 35 votes
Need more time to form an opinion
25%
Deleted_User381237831sillsMark Smith[Deleted User]msimDark 1StuBAldridge Andyloddellboshscooby1970DazinhoTK421Mark in EssexThe Lord LucanLostFoolCoolboyARich_LRaven8472daveyfsSexbomb 42 votes

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Don't know - never used it :D Looks nice enough though - a fresher look
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Need more time to form an opinion
    Will watch the videos on the Apple site, but can't decide yet, have to try it first. However some of the new icons look garish, especially the safari one.
  • ukpukp Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Voted yes only because it reminds me of my android phone. Shame apple couldn't think of anything original.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It certainly looks "familiar" but besides the UI update, there isn't anything ground-breaking about it. It feels like Apple spent too much time copying Android to care about any other features.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I like it, versus what? Better than iOS 6, sure. Better than 4.2, not so much.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It certainly looks "familiar" but besides the UI update, there isn't anything ground-breaking about it. It feels like Apple spent too much time copying Android to care about any other features.

So what groundbreaking things are you expecting?

Maybe there is nothing much in the way of newness to come in hone now - more refinements.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of a better looking version of MIUI.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    alan1302 wrote: »
    So what groundbreaking things are you expecting?

Maybe there is nothing much in the way of newness to come in hone now - more refinements.

Well if I could tell you, I'd be rich. But I was expecting a little more than a glossy, sparkly UI and more stolen features. Especially with Apple's history in innovation.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    will this work with iphone 4?

if it does id imagine the whole system would be prone to slowdowns on an iphone4 no?

id like to install it but part of me thinks I should leave my iphone on the current iOS im on now
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    biggebruv wrote: »

if it does id imagine the whole system would be prone to slowdowns on an iphone4 no?

id like to install it but part of me thinks I should leave my iphone on the current iOS im on now
    Apparently yes.

Whether all features will be available and how it effects battery life or general responsiveness (especially on the older devices) remains to be seen. Beta testers (at least the unofficial non-developers) will no doubt share their findings over the next few days....
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Well if I could tell you, I'd be rich. But I was expecting a little more than a glossy, sparkly UI and more stolen features. Especially with Apple's history in innovation.

Never found them innovative - good at making something work well. Like the original iPhone which showed how a touch screen phone should work.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i've just seen it and i do like the look of it. i did also think of MIUI as well, and i quite liked that when I had my S2 - never tried it on my S3.

The control centre is a good idea as well - just hope it works as well as it seems. hopefully it'll give the battery life a nice bump as well.

Definitely looking forward to using it - i've got a 4s so it should work fairly well I'd hope
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »

You'll be able to install it, but you wont know what features will be enabled for your device or how it will slow it down.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    psionic wrote: »
    Apparently yes.

Whether all features will be available and how it effects battery life or general responsiveness (especially on the older devices) remains to be seen. Beta testers (at least the unofficial non-developers) will no doubt share their findings over the next few days....

All features will go to most recent devices I think (iphone 5, ipad 4, ipod 5).

Some, not all, features will go to older devices. I think Airdrop was one feature that won't be going to older devices.
    Forum Member
    Yes
    You'll be able to install it, but you wont know what features will be enabled for your device or how it will slow it down.

If Apple allow you to install it then you will also be able to know what is and isn't working on it.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    If Apple allow you to install it then you will also be able to know what is and isn't working on it.

They wont tell you want isn't included when you install it OTA from whats announced this WWDC.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Beta 1 Release Notes:

Dynamic wallpaper is not available on iPhone 4.
    Blurred layers are not available on iPhone 4.
    Parallax is not available on iPhone 4.
    Letterpress text is not available on iPhone 4.
    Weather conditions are not animated on iPhone 4.

Looks like the 4S gets everything along with the 5.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,399
    Forum Member
    No
    There are some mixed reactions out there in Twitterland to the new OS, e.g. dedicated Apple users saying that Jony Ive has effectively ruined iOS.

Fortunately, as an Android user, these changes don't in any way affect me but I can understand why some iPhone users would feel this way because from what I've been watching these come across as regressive changes and unnecessary design changes for their own sake a la Microsoft.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roush wrote: »
    Looks like the 4S gets everything along with the 5.

4s doesn't get Airflow.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It's only with these screenshots that I've just noticed the signal strength bars have been replaced by a line of circles.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMbujUpCQAAfnd4.jpg:large

It looks much better with a different wallpaper.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    The only thing I don't like what I've just noticed is the signal bars are now circles
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a screen shot of the ios7 where you can block phone calls and text message screens please ?
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,399
    Forum Member
    No
    There are more screen shots here http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4407630/apple-announces-ios-7. It appears that the Forstall era is well and truly over.