Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Nah. It is just a topic that draws my attention. To wonder what makes a person act like that.

I had the misfortune to shake the hand of a murderer, who is still in jail. I thought he was just an iffy buisiness man but it turned out to be far worse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Ok so say the truth ultimately is that he rarely, if ever, went further than to commit fairly minor (or what the law may perceive as fairly minor) assaults, such as groping, with no rapes having taken place. If its the case that there's no 'real' proof to back up the claims of those who have come forward alleging the more grave offences, almost as if the police haven't questioned these claims and taken them as is - why would they be so quick to do that?

I wonder if their keeping information to themselves at the moment while Operation Yewtree is still ongoing, since I presume it is still an active investigation, working on the 'others' strand(s)?

If the truth was somehow revealed down the line to be that an overwhelming majority of allegations had clearly been fabricated then I'd have sympathy for his family. I can't imagine how awkward it must be for them but then I suppose you start to wonder well didn't they know anything and why didn't they do something, yadda yadda. He came from a big family though... your definitely right that its a mess, I certainly agree with that. You can only really guess what went on based on what we have access to and it does certainly seem like some rather sinister things were hinted at but then is that a psychological reaction, that if your given hints that there may have been some very disturbing things going on then you almost automatically read way too far into passing comments? perhaps in some instances, maybe not every time?.

I can also understand the frustration that must be felt in response to the report if it makes genuine victims feel that it somehow gives the green light to other fantasists to think they can chip in about such historical events, be believed with perhaps minimal questioning and have the chance to claim monetary compensation fraudulently. If it is proven that there's been alot of that going on, thats going to cause things to turn the other way around and people will become suspicious of who could be genuine abuse victims.

Its the (alleged) hospital and hospice attacks that are most shocking and emotive to the public, I'd have thought. If he did carry out numerous attacks in such places then to me he was a bit of a monster :( its unpalatable, although thats not to say that any assault or inappropriate behaviour is alright. I read those links you posted earlier as well, ugh. I can't fathom making up stories like that, claiming you saw such attacks when you didn't, but I suppose in fairness, I can't know the mindset of every other person I suppose. I don't like to doubt others without good reason though but then there's the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' principle too, so, who knows! its all a bit of a mess... its a bizarre story/scandal, whatever term you want to use.

You could argue the police didn't pursue an investigation in those claims and were ready to say JS is guilty because there was a great commotion around the scandal and the public outrcry would've been too big if they said some accusations were suspicious.

There is also another problem with the report. They only selected the rapes differentiate the claims. We don't know if the "sexuals assaults" ( the great majority of the accusations) is innapropiate touching, forced sexual acts or "minor" assaults, such as groping. Maybe the police didn't give much details in the report because of the civil lawsuits. If they gave many examples of Savile's MO some opportunists could use this info the create his/her story of big bad Jimmy molesting them and then ask for some compo. An independent inquiry would be the ideal, but is asking too much.

JS had nephews, nieces, but not a family of his own. They were quick in breaking the headstone and releasing that letter to the public. They hardly defended him. IMO, probably they heard the rumours, they may have suspected something and did nothing.

On other hand, believing in Savile's "complete" innocence means you would have to ignore many things to believe in it. The great majority of those almost 450 (and even the 230 of the report) is not looking for compo. Only 31 until now. We cannot dismiss all as attention seekers as well, just a tiny minority of it talked to the press (part of it looking for compo as well).
    We also have the hospital/hospice attacks . His brother was accused of the same thing more than 30 years ago, he was fired of his job because of that, is that too much of a coincidence? It's hard to believe that old woman and that woman in the forum would make up such a terrible story for so little, I don't believe they would. We can argue about their mental state, but that would be just wildly specaulting.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could argue the police didn't pursue an investigation in those claims and were ready to say JS is guilty because there was a great commotion around the scandal and the public outrcry would've been too big if they said some accusations were suspicious.

There is also another problem with the report. They only selected the rapes differentiate the claims. We don't know if the "sexuals assaults" ( the great majority of the accusations) is innapropiate touching, forced sexual acts or "minor" assaults, such as groping. Maybe the police didn't give much details in the report because of the civil lawsuits. If they gave many examples of Savile's MO some opportunists could use this info the create his/her story of big bad Jimmy molesting them and then ask for some compo. An independent inquiry would be the ideal, but is asking too much.

JS had nephews, nieces, but not a family of his own. They were quick in breaking the headstone and releasing that letter to the public. They hardly defended him. IMO, probably they heard the rumours, they may have suspected something and did nothing.

On other hand, believing in Savile's "complete" innocence means you would have to ignore many things to believe in it. The great majority of those almost 450 (and even the 230 of the report) is not looking for compo. Only 31 until now. We cannot dismiss all as attention seekers as well, just a tiny minority of it talked to the press (part of it looking for compo as well).
    We also have the hospital/hospice attacks . His brother was accused of the same thing more than 30 years ago, he was fired of his job because of that, is that too much of a coincidence? It's hard to believe that old woman and that woman in the forum would make up such a terrible story for so little, I don't believe they would. We can argue about their mental state, but that would be just wildly specaulting.

I didn't mean to imply that his family defended him, just that it must be uncomfortable for them to be linked to him. I wouldn't want to be a member of that family now.

I'm not saying he's completely innocent, that seems quite unlikely but I suppose its quite likely that the truth is somewhere between what the press printed and what other people have said, who claim the scale must have been alot less(?).

I really don't know what to make of it all. Who knows where the truth lies, I guess we'll never know for sure. Anyway im fed up of posting long posts. What can be said? not alot.
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I didn't mean to imply that his family defended him, just that it must be uncomfortable for them to be linked to him. I wouldn't want to be a member of that family now.

I'm not saying he's completely innocent, that seems quite unlikely but I suppose its quite likely that the truth is somewhere between what the press printed and what other people have said, who claim the scale must have been alot less(?).

I really don't know what to make of it all. Who knows where the truth lies, I guess we'll never know for sure. Anyway im fed up of posting long posts. What can be said? not alot.

That's ok, Izzy. When I wrote "you" I meant "we", "they", everybody. I wasn't accusing you of anything.
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    I had the misfortune to shake the hand of a murderer, who is still in jail. I thought he was just an iffy buisiness man but it turned out to be far worse.

Indeed. I suspect I shook hands with some fairly bad characters as well. Not that I knew, but we never know what hides behind a pleasant "façade".
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I suspect I shook hands with some fairly bad characters as well. Not that I knew, but we never know what hides behind a pleasant "façade".

Well look how many people thought Jimmy Savile was wonderful, everyone from the Pope down to someone who got their Fix It arranged. However, no one knew what he was like at the time.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I'm surprised someone hasn't come forward to say Hughie Green abused them, as until Savile he was the most disliked dead television celebrity in the country.

There are plenty of celebs who are disliked.

Hughie Green's only afterlife discovery was that he was the father of Paula Yates.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's ok, Izzy. When I wrote "you" I meant "we", "they", everybody. I wasn't accusing you of anything.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The interview with Margaret Hodge at the bottom of the page is worth a look
    http://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/was-islington-at-the-centre-of-a-vast-paedophile-network/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top police protected celebrity suspects
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3717867.ece

Fear of bent coppers selling details to the press for cash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Standard reporting The Times' story, with some of the stuff behind the paywall!
    http://www.standard.co.uk/panewsfeeds/celebs-protected-over-sex-claims-8541450.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Top police protected celebrity suspects
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3717867.ece

Fear of bent coppers selling details to the press for cash.
    More here for those, like me, who don't subscribe to The Times..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/20/celebrity-criminals-like-jimmy-savile-protected-by-police_n_2913164.html?ncid=webmail1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mail's version of The Times story
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296182/Celebrities-politicians-VIPs-sex-attack-files-hidden-investigating-officers-brass-police.html

Metropolitan Police Commander Peter Spindler confirmed that famous people were protected by high levels of confidentiality built into intelligence systems.

'Any high-profile or sensitive case will be restricted on our systems because we are not going to let 50,000 people (Met officers and staff) across London read sensitive material about celebrities, politicians or other high-profile people,' he told The Times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael de Vell (Corrie's Kevin Webster) was bailed until today, Manchester Crown Court, but I can't find any reports of it.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was the un-named actor in court yesterday who couldn't be named for legal reasons?

Was it the one from EE?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Who was the un-named actor in court yesterday who couldn't be named for legal reasons?

Was it the one from EE?

Yes, Bill and _____ the Flowerpot men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC website ticker: Police have arrested a 59 year old man as part of the investigation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Looks kike Davidson has been taken back in...
    @SkyNewsBreak: A 59-year-old man - understood to be comedian Jim Davidson - has been re-arrested by police following further allegations of sex offences
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I was in charge of a news channel I wouldn't mention any names until they had been officially announced by the police, just to be on the safe side.

Given their recent troubles its perhaps not surprising that the Beeb are being a bit careful at the moment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21869330
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That link to the BBC site has now been updated as Scotland Yard have announced his name
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC are reporting Davidson has been released until May.

What is going on with the perverts who operated inside Elm Guest house?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim D has now been released on bail until May.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim D has now been released on bail until May.

The Sun's put Jim Davidson on the front page with the headline "Nicked Nick Nick Nicked Again"
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    The BBC are reporting Davidson has been released until May.

What is going on with the perverts who operated inside Elm Guest house?

I'm sitting watching A Question of Sport at the moment and I said to me other half how Sue Barker never seems to age and so I googled her age but whilst I did this I found this link to Sue and Cliff and Sue offering to protect Cliff and Elm House is mentioned.
    I didn't know that Cliff had any links to there. i don't know if there is any truth in this article?

http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/sue-barker-offered-to-protect-cliff.html
This discussion has been closed.