laptop problem

a letter has broken on laptop how much is it to get repaired?

Comments

• MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    depends on alot of things so sucks air in and goes hmm.....45 quid plus travel and taxes
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    depends on alot of things so sucks air in and goes hmm.....45 quid plus travel and taxes

:confused:
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Make/model would be helpful.

You can normally get replacement keyboards on eBay. Just make sure it's a UK one.
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Make/model would be helpful.

You can normally get replacement keyboards on eBay. Just make sure it's a UK one.
    toshiba

wouldnt touch that site for stuff like this dont trust them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toshiba

wouldnt touch that site for stuff like this dont trust them

Toshiba what? They must have made 1000s of models.

Shame. eBay is by far the cheapest and easiest place to get stuff like that. An authorised Toshiba repair centre would charge 5 times the price plus 'fitting' which is a 2 minute job.
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Toshiba what? They must have made 1000s of models.

Shame. eBay is by far the cheapest and easiest place to get stuff like that. An authorised Toshiba repair centre would charge 5 times the price plus 'fitting' which is a 2 minute job.

what is the usual price? i dont want to do it meself incase we do it wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is the usual price? i dont want to do it meself incase we do it wrong

This video stretches it out to 5 minutes. Really easy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F62RbnA06Fo

Nobody can quote a price if you don't give a model. It's on a label underneath if its not on the top.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member

What exactly do you mean, the actual key is broken or it won't type with that letter ? You can buy keys separately for a couple of pounds, again Ebay is the best place.
    Forum Member
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean, the actual key is broken or it won't type with that letter ? You can buy keys separately for a couple of pounds, again Ebay is the best place.

the key has come off

model number psl49e dont know what else is needed for a model
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How impolite.
    Forum Member
    Read this and find the correct key on Ebay. Yours seems to be a Toshiba Equim but don't see one for your model, though one for a different Equim may well fit. If you email the seller with the make and model they will let you know if they have the particular key you are after usually will come with retaining clips.
    Forum Member
    Read this and find the correct key on Ebay. Yours seems to be a Toshiba Equim but don't see one for your model, though one for a different Equim may well fit. If you email the seller with the make and model they will let you know if they have the particular key you are after usually will come with retaining clips.

Thanks

Yeah it is im just a bit worried about doing it myself im no good with fixing things and would make it worse lol

The letter is y by the way so some of my posts might look a bit weird :p
    Forum Member
    Thanks

Yeah it is im just a bit worried about doing it myself im no good with fixing things and would make it worse lol

The letter is y by the way so some of my posts might look a bit weird :p

Have you tried just pushing the key back on if the clips look ok .... you have to be be fairly firm with it.
    Forum Member
    Have you tried just pushing the key back on if the clips look ok .... you have to be be fairly firm with it.

yes dont want to do anymore damage