Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minnie1957 wrote: »
    I agree with you 100% but the oddest part for me was the part that stated;

" met loads..so probably wont list everyone lol have been in this thread before but never been bothered to do a list this might make me come across as stalkerish..but im so not:eek::eek:

When fans become fanatics - news at 11...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back, I met a dozen or so Casualty actors when they did this play thing (think it was for charity) called 'School for Scandal', at the Bristol Old Vic.
    Abs (James Redmond)
    Bex (Sarah Manners)
    Charlie (Derek Thompson)
    Tess (Suzanne Packer)
    Simon (Chris Colquhoun)
    Lara(Christine Stephen-Daly)
    Josh (Ian Bleasdale)
    Claire (Leanne Wilson)
    Roxy (Loo Brealey)
    Comfort (Martina Laird)
    Jim (Maxwell Caulfield)
    Harry (Simon MacCorkindale)
    All incredibly nice, really friendly, down to earth, more than happy to sign autographs and have pictures with the fans. Simon MacCorkindale, Chris Colquhoun and James Redmond were much taller than I imagined :eek:

I've also had the pleasure of meeting John Barrowman, who is amazing. Incredibly -and probably illegally- gorgeous in the flesh, friendly, charming, genuine, hilarious, a massive flirt, always happy to sign autographs, have picutres taken, chat to the fans, and he cares for the fans, he takes the time out, and treats everyone the same, he chats as though he's a close friend. I can't say enough great things about the guy. :D:D:D

Agreed I've met him twice in Cardiff
    He's a dream:D
    I'll be going to his new book signing in Sept to drool over him again...:o:o:o
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I'll confess here that there are quite a few people here I have never heard of (but I'm not a big soap watcher, so that's probably why). However, I thought a couple of the comments you made seemed odd.

Jackie Woodburn (whoever she is) - perhaps you were annoying her? Pestering someone repeately for an autograph isn't exactly endearing behavior! Especially at 2am in the morning!

Antony Cotton (I know who he is) - You insulted him, then wondered why he was rude back? If I'm polite to someone, I expect them to be polite to me. That's fair enough. But I would never be rude to someone then complain if they were rude back to me. Courtesy works both ways!

it was at an awards show and jackie was signing for lots of people. shes in neighbours

still that was still a rude thing to say back. ive also heard he's been rude to others and he seems rude on twitter aswell.

im not stalkerish. i go to award shows and to tv sets/stage doors to meet people. like i said ive just been lucky! and its why i dont post about it cos of people like that who say that stuff
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it, there's not really going to be anyone who's actually friends with a celebrity who's likely to post on here, and it's hard to make a judgement on how nice/nasty someone is if you meet them at a book signing or as a fan waiting around for them. The celebs I've come into contact with haven't been doing anything showbiz and they have all differed, from really nice (not that many) to being a bit of a diva, sadly.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i've only met pam ayres in waitrose at witney and that's because i crashed into her trolley:D that was years ago mind you!
    not much else oh i met someone the other day who claimed to know kerry katona!
  • minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member

still that was still a rude thing to say back. ive also heard he's been rude to others and he seems rude on twitter aswell.

/QUOTE]

So, do you think that a celebrity should not be rude to you.......... even if you are rude to him in the first place:confused:
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minnie1957 wrote: »

/QUOTE]

So, do you think that a celebrity should not be rude to you.......... even if you are rude to him in the first place:confused:
    I don't see why anybody, celebrity or not, should be polite and courteous to people who are rude to them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    I've met a few over the years and most were really nice:-

Phillip Schofield
    Great to chat too. Doesn't mind chatting about the old days of the broom cupboard too, and an amusing story about a letter he got from a young Andi Peters asking for a job. He replied to Mr Peters with a signed photo.

Fred Dinenage
    Absolute legend. Chats to you as if he's known for you for years. Always polite and courteous, and I still have his mobile number :cool:

Fred Dibnah
    What can I say but sadly missed and all round gent. He'd talk to you for hours if he could and is truly engaging.

Chris Tarrant
    Met him in a pub in London earlier this year, I'd had a few and we got talking about Tiswas. Really nice fella (even though he looked like a 6ft tall tramp and smelt of ****).

Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Few on here mentioned him as a bit of an arse, but being a huge snooker and Ronnie fan, I interview him at a book signing and he was ace. He nearly burst into tears when talking about his dad in the nick.

Sally Lyndsay
    AKA Shelly, former barmaid off Corrie. Again v nice and polite, but my concentration was put off slightly by her rather large chest :D

Reg Houlsdworth
    Also former Corrie star, can't remember his real name sorry!!! He was hilarious to chat too.

Brian Conley
    Amazingly funny and down to earth. Really good laugh to chat too.

Louise Redknapp
    What can I say, WOW. She was the first celeb I met, just after she left Eternal. Absolutely GORGEOUS, charming, GORGEOUS,polite, GORGEOUS, and friendly. BTW Did I mention she was GORGEOUS:D. Damn u Jamie....lucky bugger.

Now for the not to nice:-

Alan Titchmarsh
    Remove the CHMARSH from his surname and there's your answer

Chris Evans
    Full of his own self importance and up his own arse. May have calmed down a bit now.

Neil 'Dr' Fox
    Neither a real Dr or a real Fox, certainly a real t**t
  • ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was at an awards show and jackie was signing for lots of people. shes in neighbours

im not stalkerish. i go to award shows and to tv sets/stage doors to meet people. like i said ive just been lucky! and its why i dont post about it cos of people like that who say that stuff

Sorry but I think you were the one in the wrong here and you were very rude. I don't like Anthony Cotton one ioata, but going up to him and saying you didn't think he should have won Soapstar Superstar(thats the show your on about right?) was exceptionally rude and I suspect said on purpose in order to wind him up and get a reaction out of him.

Why bother talking to him if you dislike him?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    My OH and his mate were in the loo at a club many years back and he came in and used the urinal beside them. Our mate turned to say hello to him and accidently pee'd on his foot.

Hahahahahahahahaha! How did he react? Am a huge fan. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine used to work on Concorde and met a few celebs. Seeing as I have never met anyone famous, not even a z list person, I made her tell me all the stories even if she just glanced at them. (as am a sad 30 year old with nothing exciting to do in my spare time. Haha) She was serving on Concorde at a time when George Michael and Geri Halliwell were on the plane together - when they were mates and said that he was utterly charming and she was a vile person. She said it was quite upsetting as she quite liked her but she tried to bash the cubicle door down straight after her dinner and was shouting: Do you know who I am? etc. The cabin crew were horrified and George looked very embarrassed apparently.
    I never liked her so was quite pleased she was a horror.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I think you were the one in the wrong here and you were very rude. I don't like Anthony Cotton one ioata, but going up to him and saying you didn't think he should have won Soapstar Superstar(thats the show your on about right?) was exceptionally rude and I suspect said on purpose in order to wind him up and get a reaction out of him.

Why bother talking to him if you dislike him?:confused:

I'd have to agree, can't stand Cotton myself, and suspect he is a complete twonk in person, but it was a rude remark to make and he was pretty much entitled to reply with equal rudeness
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only die hard fans of musicals may know who I am talking about but I went to see RENT in the states while on holiday. It is one of my all time favourite shows and I waited by the stage door afterwards. Lexi Lawson who got through the first round or two of American Idol dropped out when she got a part in RENT was the first person to come out and pose for photos and sign autographs, she seemed really sweet and very pretty and took her time.

After about 45 minutes of waiting Anthony Rapp came out and briefly signed some autographs and just one or two photos. He looked grumpy though.

Adam Pascal who I was really hanging around for didn't come out till 1 hour - 1.5hours later, it was ridiculous, I think he was hiding! He said he was tired and refused to sign anything even though there were loads of people who had stood around for well over an hour in the cold. He gave me a really nasty look because the flash on my camera went funny and did a strobe light thing while he was in front of me. He didn't sign a thing and walked straight past everything and got into a car and drove away.

Met Ant and Dec in 1995 they were sweet, shy and quiet.

Gaby Roslin seemed really nice when I met her in the same year and also there is a famous show jumper, can't remember his name, black guy called Oliver something. He was jsut wonderful, the nicest, nicest man, sent his girlfriend back into the party of the Assassins movie premier to get me a gift bag!

Saw the stupid welsh girl from BB1 on 5th Ave in New York coming out of Gap and lighting up a cigarette.

My ex as at work and the road was blocked so he couldn't get his truck down and he had to knock on doors and ask people to move their cars. He knocked on one door and Todd Carty answered in just a dressing gown. it was like 8am, apparently he was really gracious and lovely. He, my ex that is, totally by fluke had breakfast with Brad Pitt in Paris, years and years ago, he didn't know who he was and it was the only table with an available chair so he asked to share the table. Afterwards he got ribbed for not knowing who he was chit chatting with! He said BP was really nice and when he went into the hotel bar that evening BP was there with his entourage and recognised him and told the barman that my ex's first drink was on him!

Met Jimmy Saville and spoke for a while, he was an arrogant c**t.

Jane Krakowski, after Ally McBeal but before 30 Rock, saw her by the stage door in the West End when she was in Guys and Dolls, she was so lovely, she came out into the cold wearing a big fur coat, not sure if it was real, and spent ages talking to everyone and signing autographs, really smiley and friendly. She was asked when Ewan McGregor was coming out but she frowned and said he never came out! But a friend and me saw him sneak out of a different door wearing full black bike leathers and a helmet with the visor down and he quickly disappeared.
  • rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm

Nadine, Nicola, Sarah and Cheryl, Girls Aloud - were all really friendly, especially Nadine and Nicola, who had no qualms in posing for a picture with me, signing my cd, and having a general chat about their tour (Greatest hits tour in 2007) Sarah and Cheryl were both in cars and their cars stopped enough to get a brief chat with them both. Sarah was very smiley and Cheryl was bubbly as well.

Geri Halliwell - Most people would say she was a bit off with her fans but when my sister and I met her she was really happy and friendly, signed one of her solo cd sleeves (which she wasn't supposed to - book signing) and she was really interested in what we had to say.

Same Difference - Met them when they did a local gig and they were very friendly to my sister and I even though Sarah was poorly. I went to their tour later in the month and they recognised us and came out the venue to chat to us and their fans.

Una, Frankie, Mollie, Vanessa, The Saturdays - Met all five of the Saturdays a couple of months ago. The four mentioned were so friendly signing cds and chatting for quite a while. Rochelle was very divaish, kept demanding food and actually made fans feel bad for waiting for them. The other four clearly made up for it though.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missie_M wrote: »
    Jane Krakowski, after Ally McBeal but before 30 Rock, saw her by the stage door in the West End when she was in Guys and Dolls, she was so lovely, she came out into the cold wearing a big fur coat, not sure if it was real, and spent ages talking to everyone and signing autographs, really smiley and friendly. She was asked when Ewan McGregor was coming out but she frowned and said he never came out! But a friend and me saw him sneak out of a different door wearing full black bike leathers and a helmet with the visor down and he quickly disappeared.

Nice to hear about Jane. She seems so sweet and bubbly in all her roles/interviews, so good to know it's not just an act. :)
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steven Gerard and the rest of the liverpool team they we all very kind and chatty and more than happy for autographs and phots esp gerard,torres and kuyt :)
    Girls Aloud
    All very lovely down to earth girls i have met nicola i number of times and she is been lovely every time.When i first met them cheryl came across as the chattiest bubblist member but they all seem like very kind people indeed :p
    Mcfly
    Mixed opions here thought danny and tom were very sweet and chatty however dougie seemed very up himself and didnt stop for fans :o
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps she was just annoyed with your constant demands for an autograph, and if it really was 2am, then she'd had a long day/evening!

As for Antony Cotton, I'm sorry, but you were rude to him. Therefore he was replying in kind.
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Houlsdworth
    Also former Corrie star, can't remember his real name sorry!!! He was hilarious to chat too.

Surprised at that cos he lives in my town & he`s known for being a miserable so & so , where ever he goes !
    His wife is lovely though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I have met quite a few famous people in my job ( rather not say what).

Anthony Daniels- Played C3PO, a lovely warm down to earth man, to whom you could ask anything.

Sir Terry Wogan- Funny, very caring, gentle warm man, who was very genuine.

John Suchet- ( ex news reader) I met him whilst on 'Going For Gold'- an exceptional man, genuine, kind and very polite and interested in others. His poor wife has alzeimers, but he still has time for other people.

The league of Gentlemen guys- I met them backstage after they did 'ART' in London. They signed autographs and chatted for ages, even though they had just come off stage. Great funny bunch of guys.

Take That- I met them the first time around in Cardiff. Gary Barlow was very friendly and very warm, so was Little Mark Owen, who always made sure the little fans were spoken to. Jason Orange is gorgeous in real life, he has amazing blue eyes and I got a proper kiss off him ( Lush! swoon!) Robbie was on the tour bus, Jason said he was in a mood and wouldn't come off ( no change there then). Howard was practicing his routine.

and now the horrible!;

Lisa Stansfield- what a miserable up her own arse cow. I won a comp to meet her with Capital Radio back in 1998, on Dr Neil Fox show ( he was ok, very little bloke! :D )
    He took me and three other winners to meet her, she looked as if she didn't want to be there, cos she had already plugged her single/album with Dr Fox so probably thought oh god now I've got to meet plebs!
    I was actually excited cos I've always loved her music, and I said to her I'm old enough to remember you on Razamatazz where she started her career ( it was a kids programme and she would sing on it) thinking it was a compliment, she looked at me like I was shit on her shoe, and said has anyone else got something to ask, or are you all going to stand there like dummys ( charmimg!)
  • eyesw/outafaceeyesw/outaface Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Anyone met Morrissey?

He's a hero of mine.

Also any premierships footballer who have been horrible?
  • Highland RubyHighland Ruby Posts: 225
    Forum Member

Met Jimmy Saville and spoke for a while, he was an arrogant c**t.QUOTE]

Jimmy was up until 2 years ago the Chieftain of my town's Highland Games and lives in a village close by a lot of the year. He is without a doubt the sleaziest man I have ever met. He came into the hotel I was working in during the games one year and took my hand to kiss it. I was quite young (19 or something) so didn't want to be rude but then he licked my hand and I told him to f*ck off. He laughed at me and I ended up getting a telling off from my boss!

You're absolutely right about his arrogance - he's supposedly a "special friend" of our town but I don't know of one person who likes him. I didn't mention him earlier as I don't even regard him as a celeb - just a dirty old man.

I'm off to vomit after sharing my most disgusting memory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Mcfly
    Mixed opions here thought danny and tom were very sweet and chatty however dougie seemed very up himself and didnt stop for fans :o

Where did you meet them, if you don't mind me asking? I met them all back in May and have to agree with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member

Jimmy was up until 2 years ago the Chieftain of my town's Highland Games and lives in a village close by a lot of the year. He is without a doubt the sleaziest man I have ever met. He came into the hotel I was working in during the games one year and took my hand to kiss it. I was quite young (19 or something) so didn't want to be rude but then he licked my hand and I told him to f*ck off. He laughed at me and I ended up getting a telling off from my boss!

You're absolutely right about his arrogance - he's supposedly a "special friend" of our town but I don't know of one person who likes him. I didn't mention him earlier as I don't even regard him as a celeb - just a dirty old man.

I'm off to vomit after sharing my most disgusting memory.

Feeling slightly nauseous for you...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was speaking to someone yesterday who'd met Pete and Krusty Price in Australia a while back. Guess what? He was lovely and SHE was nasty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *T*I*N*K* wrote: »
    Agreed I've met him twice in Cardiff
    He's a dream:D
    I'll be going to his new book signing in Sept to drool over him again...:o:o:o

Oooh, when and where? :D
    Wasn't even aware he had a new book :o

He is a dream, you're absoloutely right. Utter droolage if you ask me :p