Police have marked my car..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well the long and short of it is that a small amount of cannabis was found by the Police in my car, and after a short conversation about the demon drug, the police told me that my car had its first mark on it.

I've had a google search and searching 'Marked, Police, Car' in different ways i keep getting a lot of results about Marked Police Cars which is unhelpful...

What does it mean to have a first mark on my car?

Any Ideas, Cheers

Comments

• ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Well in basic terms the police know your car is linked with drug use - makes it much easier for them to stop you in future.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll take an interest in you.
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    Scamps wrote: »
    Well the long and short of it is that a small amount of cannabis was found by the Police in my car, and after a short conversation about the demon drug, the police told me that my car had its first mark on it.

I've had a google search and searching 'Marked, Police, Car' in different ways i keep getting a lot of results about Marked Police Cars which is unhelpful...

Any Ideas, Cheers

It means nothing, it's like when the police write your name in a notepad when you're a school kid, and you think you have a criminal record. In my wilder years I got done for drink driving due to stupidty, got banned obviously, but kept my car, which my mates and housemate used to borrow and drive around, it never got stopped, even though the licence plate should have rang alarm bells to any policeman that it was registered to a banned driver, and they're definitely not going to pull you over because they once found a spliffs worth of weed in it.

I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain it's insignificant, the amount of paper work involved, they just don't bother with weed any more (unless it's obviously a heroic amount).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will flash up on ANPR cameras as being involved in drugs. You may get stopped for routine drug searches.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    It will flash up on ANPR cameras as being involved in drugs. You may get stopped for routine drug searches.

Assuming they weren't just trying to scare you, ^^this.

Also, your car will be recorded as having been or suspected of being involved in crime. If you are pulled over for another reason the Police will do a routine check and your car will come back as having been involved with drugs. So you are more likely to be searched.

Source: Those sh*tty Road Wars shows on Pick TV.
  • Red OkktoberRed Okktober Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will probably recreate the incident on Crimewatch with actors and a car that looks similar to yours
  • GageGage Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Means nothing, they said that to deter you from carrying it again and it won't flag you up on ANPR.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    It's really reassuring to hear that our tax money is being well spent protecting us from dangerous criminals like yourself. I'm really glad. Not really.
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member

A short conversation? Are you saying that you didn't even receive a 'street caution' for possessing a 'small amount' of weed?

If you did, then your car will have a drugs marker against it in the database which will flash up when you get scanned by an ANPR system.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure they didn't say your CARD is marked?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to get rid of the car and also time to give up drugs.
  • topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your details will have been passed to the USofA and you are now a legitimate military target for the next drone attack. Drugs are grown in Afghanistan, so it's all ok and no on will mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    Time to get rid of the car and also time to give up drugs.

Don't be ridiculous, change his car? It's not like it's been used in a bank robbery.

Don't worry about it OP, the police have bigger things to worry about then a bit of the weed. You might get the odd pull if you come across a bored copper, but if you only have a couple of J's on you they'll just take it off you & give you a slap on the wrist.

When are people going to wake up & demand our ridiculous politicians to stop wasting so much time & resources on this? Unfortunately because this country is full of Daily Mail readers, politicians are way too scared to even discuss the current policies on drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    A short conversation? Are you saying that you didn't even receive a 'street caution' for possessing a 'small amount' of weed?

If you did, then your car will have a drugs marker against it in the database which will flash up when you get scanned by an ANPR system.

Nope no caution, the Police officer told me to do it in my house from now on... and then i wont get caught lol
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    They're likely to pull you over a lot more now, I imagine that it could get annoying for you.
  • buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any Ideas, Cheers

just me that had the vision of the policemen peeing against your car then? or rubbing their faces over it ? (like dogs/cats)
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what you get for being a drugs addict.
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not the car that the NYPD are looking for, are you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP for the future do not carry weed on you, or at least do not use the car when you have it on you. It might be better to walk with it.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Any Ideas, Cheers
    Nothing much to worry about....

It just means any time you go out in your car you could be gunned down like Bonnie and Clyde.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    That's what you get for being a drugs addict.

I've been smoking **** and roll ups for years, never been tugged for it though.
  • EyeOfTheStormEyeOfTheStorm Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the police should be given the power to crush cars which belong to people like the OP.
    Forum Member
    buffyslay wrote: »
    just me that had the vision of the policemen peeing against your car then? or rubbing their faces over it ? (like dogs/cats)

best response so far, by far.
    Forum Member
    I think the police should be given the power to crush cars which belong to people like the OP.

Yes dear and people like you should be sent for treatment for being unbalanced.

Hey ho, can't always get what you want...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why crush a perfectly good, road worthy car and provide more landfill, more waste etc, just because some bloke has a teenth of skunk?