tv for inlaws

Hi there, the family are clubbing together to get a new TV for the inlaws, I looking at this one below, it's selling for £300 in Asda if there's any left! Ther eyesight isn't what it used to be or hearing! thought htis one would suit them, mainly for use with his Foxsat HDR and the ocaisionl DVD when the great grand children come round, the feeback on Richer sounds said the sceen was very reflective, It's cheap enough but would pay more if there were any suggestions as to what we should by and the Plasma will be abit gusty on power.
Thanks in advance

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp42x60b/pana-txp42x60b

Comments

• Fred SmithFred Smith Posts: 3,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go for it, I have two 37" Panasonic plasmas, both great TV's. RS price includes a five year guarantee, worth it for the extra £30.
  • robbrarobbra Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had mine for about 6 weeks from John Lewis.
    At first the picture lacked definition and seemed grey but after a week or so it became very clear and defined although not 1080p
    Don't let that stop you, it's very good and sound is good too.
    With a 5 yr guarantee it works out a bargain.
    I love mine!
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be those for and against plasma but take into account the room in which it will be used especially if the room is bright.
    Have a look at this thread from post 7 onwards
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=67394159&highlight=#post67394159
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ther eyesight isn't what it used to be or hearing! thought htis one would suit them, mainly for use with his Foxsat HDR and the ocaisionl DVD when the great grand children come round,

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp42x60b/pana-txp42x60b

If thats the case, just go for biggest screen you can fit into room, and best warranty, eg john lewis.
    Praticaly every new model tv would suit them. Dont forget youre buying for them, so dont get bogged down in plasma v led v better or not for sport etc etc :D
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X60 is pretty grim picture , loads of dot crawl in the detail of picture due to age of screen and resolution of same & dim & power hungry . Not representative of Pana in the past . Loads of better TV's in the pana range or better still other makers range .
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of interest, i just bought a Samsung ES6030 46" from Argos

full HD, happens to be 3D, although that isn't important, but not SMART TV. It was on offer at £450 and I actually got a further 10% off with a coupon from one of the weekend papers. Thin border and it's actually smaller than the 42" plasma it replaced.

personally, i thought it was an amazing value TV for the money. Having now seen full HD , I would definitely not go for a lower definiiton, especially for someone with less good eyesight.