*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The grammys are looming
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    The grammys are looming
    It doesn't look very likely that she'll be there. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The facebook event made by gaga for her 21st birthday in 2007 is lurking around the net. She put how she was going to perform her new song 'blueberry kisses'. :)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    She posted a thank you message before about the Brits, do you think she'll be attending?
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally beginning to love the album, but I still think wtf when I hear that rap song. Ew.
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    She posted a thank you message before about the Brits, do you think she'll be attending?

pink posted a thank you message too.
    heck, loads of the nominees did. posting a thank you is just that - posting a thank you. doesn't mean much.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highly unlikely she will be attending the Brits and she won't win anything anyway. It seems that only attendees actual stand a chance of winning ;-)
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gypsy release is now apparently confirmed. I wonder whether we will ever see a video for DWYW? She tweeted a few days ago about shooting a new video so I guess this is it.

What do you guys all think? It's been very quiet here the past few months... I, for one, don't really know what to say anymore. I hope she can come back from this era, I believe she has the talent and drive to!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's grammys day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    It's grammys day!

Anddddd lady gaga will not be there.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    so wanted fashion! or sexx dreams as the next single :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so wanted fashion! or sexx dreams as the next single :(

that's another thing i've been meaning to say. gypsy wasn't confirmed as the next single.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have no idea what's going on with gaga or artpop now. there's been no news and she's keeping very schtum. She did however perform at Musicares in the carole king tribute and sounded great from the clips i've heard. I'm a bit worried for her honestly and from what we've seen/heard so far she doesn't sound incredibly stable or surrounded by good people. Hopefully she'll prove me wrong with that. I hope she gets back on her feet and does what's best for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have no idea what's going on with gaga or artpop now. there's been no news and she's keeping very schtum. She did however perform at Musicares in the carole king tribute and sounded great from the clips i've heard. I'm a bit worried for her honestly and from what we've seen/heard so far she doesn't sound incredibly stable or surrounded by good people. Hopefully she'll prove me wrong with that. I hope she gets back on her feet and does what's best for her.

yeah her vocals were flawless there. i think more than anything i'm curious. like what does she do when she wakes up every morning, knowing her album is sinking? is she thinking about it or is she planning her next move? it's so baffling. she's the one who revolutionised this whole online sharing thing and now she's gone all quiet. she used to be so shameless (in a good way). now i don't see her as that brave, fearless woman. it looks like she's run away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is an air of change surrounding gaga currently...i just hope it all works out for the better..
    On the plus side ehr O2 ads are beautiful i really like them.

And love her Bazar front cover...in fact she has been really kinda natural and glam the past month or so i hav loved seeing this

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1545706_480626135379672_660417338_n.jpg
    Forum Member
    Artpop and MDNA suffer from a very similar condition ....... some tracks just shouldn't be on the album! They then would be viewed as Great Pop albums from the last decade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MDNA and ARTPOP I guess have suffered a similar fate. I still think ARTPOP has given us some excellent tracks though.

-Sexxx Dreams
    -Aura
    -Swine
    -Gypsy

Although I like every song on the album, the ones that perhaps are not so good or could be considered as filler would be
    -Donatella
    -Dope (perhaps?)
    -Fashion! (I love it...and it gets better with each listen but something doesn't sit well with all fans/casual listeners).

Having said that I personally think there's more filler on The Fame & Born This Way

TF
    -money honey
    -summerboy
    -again again again
    -i like it rough (possibly, good song though i think)
    -disco heaven

BTW
    -you and I (imo)
    -hair (debatable, gaga seems to love this one)
    -electric chapel (personal favorite but overall)
    -highway unicorn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest i dont think the overall problem is songs on the albums...for me The Fame had SO many sonvs i dont like...some that veen sounded like PCD and Britney rejects....some however showed her talents off and thankfully we got to see/hear more of...

The Fame Monster also has a couple of sonvs i dont play as much (Telephone and Speechless mainly)

but i like or love every songs on Born This Way...really made me more of a fan of her work and mindset...all 17 sonvs had their place, theme and worked well...in fact the ONLY flaw for me for the album era was the fact the videos were so jarring...i thought Born This Way as a video started this whole Monochrome/glam approach for the rest of the videos to flow/follow...but alas it didnt and the visuals for Judas, Edge, You & I and MTN all jarred with each other...performances however were beautifully done and crafted.

I felt singles wise it started off great i just wish(ed) Judas had its time to air and circulate rather than being killed off early on and leaving the video forever to air....would have adored if every single had its video in release week to allow time to circulate also....and also perhaps have the videos ready for the singles/songs anyway and tell a story with the visuals. Also Blood Mary, Schiesse, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel....opportunities for single releases never realised sadly.

now as for ARTPOP....we have no clear focus really...i mean similarly to MDNA we had a "crowd pleaser" lead song a few months in advance of the album...something safer but also a little bit different and kinda "innocent" in vibe...an then.....nothing absolutely nothing follwoed...Venus and Dope were unleashed but no videos ready, jarring performances and no real theme behind the performances/styles....of course we also had Burqa/Aura that leaked ahead of Applause too...which i had hoped would have been caught on...but they didnt....

ALso all 15 songs again have their place...i lvoe the intense EDM style, the rawness of her vocals and the ideas she had with them thematically it is a really Trippy and Power Pop album...some may find it jarring at first and some have but they have also let the pretense and overhype about it jar with them also. WHich is a shame as it is another genuinely brilliant album and my favourite thus far ...in fact it feels like the colourful/camp/off the wall cousin to Born This Ways monochrome/industrial/alien vibes...

Also for me i would have chosen different sonvs for airtime...i may have indeed begun with Aura and have that out there as something different in July perhaps with a video to lure us into the zone of ARTPOP...then i feel a couple months would have goe by and the SWINEfest could have indeed been that...promotion for Swine as a single/video and experiment with that...then Venus and Dope still as radio singles/with videos ready for the respective weeks...then after album have DWYW ready for release for the winter/new year...and now have gypsy ready ...that i feel would have worked out better for the album and era and with more focused live promotional/performances would have also worked....also maybe Donatella as a final single this spring to go with the Versace campaign and round it off pre-tour would have worked beautifully.

I do feel she still has a lot in her...maybe now she could call ARTPOP a day and focus on the follow up and the world tour and really plan/map it out...
    Forum Member
    'the fame' album was pure pop brilliance - fresh mix of urban and dance pop ... i can remember just playing the album over and over again. ****

'the fame monster' - this was the I am a star moment ...the monster you have created .... darker and deeper ****

'BTW' - suffered from the weight of over hype and too many tracks in the second half... but the album is great with some amazing songs and was a grower ***1/2

'artpop' - the album is kind of like a tapas of all 3 previous albums ..it really was made for the fans..and I really appreciate that .... there are some songs on here that have the addictive playability of 'the fame' .... but there are a few terrible songs on the album that interrupt the flow for means I have to press skip ....I also am not convinced the title fits the album... but with the recent delay i am hoping for a revolutionary visual art for all songs..... ***1/2

she is a genius provocateur of pop - most definitely light years among many - thank goodness for her

What is everyone's top 10 fave Gaga songs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is of course each to their own...i mean 2008 when i heard of her (due to Xtina mostly) i was like hmmm different, fun cool and i read (at the time when Circus was about to be released) she worked with Britney i sought deeper into her...2009 /2010 i was a casual listener...i didnt buy into her that much really...i thought TF was okay but as i say very much felt like demos or Britney and PCD rejects in some areas and others very glam inventive Pop too...it is a meld of both worlds....but for me 2011 was where i took off wih gaga :).

I really hope she really gets inspired now...new management and team behind her and refreshing seeing her with friendly faces surrounding her...it will do her great!

Just hope now perhaps she gets inventive and shakes up her sounds and imagery all the more for her 4th studio album :) that Rock meets Electronica style has to come out soon surely? Dream Pop styles maybe? would be beautiful to see her shape and evolve with the material she 110% will back and support regardless of all else...at the end of the day that is why i respect her and love her regardless of what others say about her really...she is clearly inspired and influenced and has her own independant mindset too of where she wants her music and style to evolve next...it will be very interesting to see and hear.

my top 10 favourite Lady gaga songs ever...here goes...

1. Bloody Mary
    2. gypsy
    3. Schiesse
    4. Dance In The Dark
    5. SeXXX Dreams
    6. Marry The Night
    7. Heavy Metal Lover
    8. Mary Jane Holland
    9. So Happy I Could Die
    10. Artpop

For me they are my personal top 10 by her...though changes slightly depending on mood :)
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    So I just looked up on ticketmaster and her artpop zone package(meet and greet plus other stuff) is ranging from £820-835 ...... what the hell, does she/her management team think we're made of money?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 10 gaga songs (no particular order)

-Just Dance
    -Poker Face
    -Schiesse
    -Heavy Metal Lover
    -Sexxx Dreams
    -Aura
    -Paparazzi
    -Mary Jane Holland
    -I Like It Rough (which she'd performed it live more!)
    -Dance In The Dark
    Forum Member
    mine are:
    paparazzi
    americano
    poker face
    i like it rough
    dance in the dark
    bad romance
    judas
    aura
    art pop
    sexx dreams

but fashion! is such a grower.....
    Forum Member
    my fave tracks from albums

the fame: paparazzi, poker face, i like it rough, disco heaven
    the fame monster: bad romance, telephone, dance in the dark
    BTW: judas, edge of glory, americano, government hooker
    Artpop: swine; sexx dreams, artpop, aura, applause

unreleased tracks: earthquake, second time around, fever

When I saw her live in the early months of her career she had some really arty songs with visual montages ... I would love to know what they were? They were so good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Swine is like a seizure in musical form", love this definition!