MKS, sugababes

Comments

• Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seeing as they've all signed contracts to not speak about what happened with Keisha I think it seems very unlikely (unless that was a lie to get out of talking about it). There exact words may have been "we can't ever talk about it (legally)"

If true it will only be for a specific period of time not forever.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    seeing as they've all signed contracts to not speak about what happened with Keisha I think it seems very unlikely (unless that was a lie to get out of talking about it). There exact words may have been "we can't ever talk about it (legally)"

I doubt that would be a problem almost five years on tbh. I just think now they've all moved on and aren't really bothered.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    The only thing stopping me believing that they have been dropped, is the picture uploaded about a month ago with them back in the studio with dev hynes, which also is a little odd as they've said numerous times the albums complete
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Dan_Miell wrote: »
    The only thing stopping me believing that they have been dropped, is the picture uploaded about a month ago with them back in the studio with dev hynes, which also is a little odd as they've said numerous times the albums complete

So if the album's complete why have they not released it? There's something really fishy about the entire situation.
    Forum Member
    So if the album's complete why have they not released it? There's something really fishy about the entire situation.

Seemingly, Polydor don't have faith in their ability to sell.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they want to write 'The Original Sugababes' on the album cover?
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Maybe they want to write 'The Original Sugababes' on the album cover?

You mean that isn't the title? There is probably a track called "The Original Sugababes" on there somewhere
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MKS announced that something would be happening soon in January, I wonder that was about
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    MKS announced that something would be happening soon in January, I wonder that was about

Probably the next announcement that an announcement is coming soon
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored beyond belief waiting. I was never a Sugababes fan at all, but I absolutely loved Flatline- my favourite song of last year. However any excitement or anticipation I felt about the MKS album has completely gone now- far too long waiting for an album. I can't imagine how pissed off actual fans must feel.
    Forum Member
    Maybe the reason is they are trying to get the name back? Heidi has said she has no intention of going back right now, Amelle and Jade wouldn't carry on without Heidi surely.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like MKS and Sugababes are economical with the truth
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Seems like MKS and Sugababes are economical with the truth

Why? What's happened?
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we are still waiting for an announcement..I can only presume it is all over?
    Forum Member
    we are still waiting for an announcement..I can only presume it is all over?

Somebody tweeted the girls asking if the fact there is no news is good news, Siobhan replied yes.

I don't even know anymore. It's such a messed up situation
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was only last month Siobhan said 'We have an announcement coming shortly. I can’t tell you, but it’s great news', I'm sure people's patience will pay off eventually.
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    It was only last month Siobhan said 'We have an announcement coming shortly. I can’t tell you, but it’s great news', I'm sure people's patience will pay off eventually.

They been saying "we can't tell you yet, but it's coming soon" since Flatline came out seven months ago
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's obviously stuff going on behind the scenes that they can't talk about, I'm sure the three of them would like to earn some money. Siobhan recently tweeted: We can't wait for the opportunity to explain all. We hate it as much as you guys.
    Forum Member
    They just need to announce something. It's become a joke now. People have waited for the album since August 2012, which is when Siobhan first tweeted the album was done.

The next announcement is always coming, and every time the next announcement is "the announcement is coming soon".

They keep saying they can't wait, well they have waited, for almost two years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just need to announce something. It's become a joke now. People have waited for the album since August 2012, which is when Siobhan first tweeted the album was done.

The next announcement is always coming, and every time the next announcement is "the announcement is coming soon".

They keep saying they can't wait, well they have waited, for almost two years

What if legally they can't announce something though? Who knows what's going on, management, contractual, record label problems.
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    What if legally they can't announce something though? Who knows what's going on, management, contractual, record label problems.

I'm sure there is a good reason for it, the problem is the fans just want something. I think they could possibly be going after Crown Management for the Sugababes name.

I just think for the casual fan, if they have any, Flatline was a loong time ago and they will have lost interest. It's doing them a lot of damage. I'm a massive fan of all Sugababes line-ups, massive massive fan, but almost two years after they announced their reunion we've had one single and a load of empty promises. I've been a fan since 2002, and love 1.0's album, but I've lost interest.

I'm worried for their career, I don't see any album doing well now.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm wrong here but here goes:

One day Keisha gets kicked out of Sugababes, the next day/week the media are saying that everybody wants an original member reunion. So MKS see all these articles and maybe forums and tweets on how Sugababes hadn't been the same since Siobhan left, they were the best line-up. Understandably, MKS see all this positive reaction to the original line-up and decide to give it ago.

The problem was, we waited almost a year for confirmation that they were getting back together, a month later the album was complete. It then took a year to get the debut single out, released badly, and it flopped.

The reason? For me, it was all empty hype. Nostalgia is a brilliant thing, but they weren't the Sugababes that the majority supported, THE Sugababes line-up was Keisha, Mutya and Heidi, that is what everybody loved.

People assumed that the group that took eight years to sell 200k copies 12/13 years ago would come back and be a hit. People wanted the reunion, until they got the reunion.

Flatline flopped and Polydor seemingly pulled the plug because they signed a group based on media hype that amounted to nothing. They took too long, far far too long.

All the hypocrisy didn't help. For 12/13 years, Keisha was Siobhan's first bully, they never got on and when they had a record to sell, Siobhan forgot all this. That would have been fine, but they didn't say "it was years ago, we've talked and it's all forgotten", she said it never happened and Keisha was never a bitch.

Keisha said many times in Sugababes that they didn't truly become Sugababes until Heidi joined, she didn't feel comfortable until Heidi was in the band, again when they had a record to sell, Sugababes never felt like Sugababes after Siobhan left.

GREAT POST!!

I think you summed t up perfectly! The sugababes line up needs a Heidi, she is the human touch that made the other 2 bearable for me

Keisha for me was a bully and 3 members at least have said it

its a shame as they had some great quality tunes
    Forum Member
    GREAT POST!!

I think you summed t up perfectly! The sugababes line up needs a Heidi, she is the human touch that made the other 2 bearable for me

Keisha for me was a bully and 3 members at least have said it

its a shame as they had some great quality tunes

It is a shame. All line-ups produced quality music. All six girls are talented.

I love Heidi's voice and before Heidi they were three moody teenage girls. Heidi bought a relatable and friendly, smiley face that the other three. Over time, Mutya and Keisha also softened up. I don't think this is the Sugababes line-up Keisha wants and given a chance, she would be back with Heidi. The way their meeting was reported, all three girls crying, they still had that connection. This is all in my own opinion Of course, I could be completely off the mark but Keisha always looked more comfortable with Heidi than she ever did Siobhan.

It's sad the way it all ended. Heidi and Amelle haven't seen each other since May last year, I don't think Jade ever truly felt comfortable coming in because the bond between Heidi and Amelle was so strong. Mutya and Heidi haven't really spoken since Mutya left.

Too much has happened, too many media stories that have never been put right. The media killed Sugababes 4.0 IMO. Every review of Sweet 7 was based on the line-up change and by the time Freedom came around, it was simply too late.

MKS were killed because, well simply it was false hype and now the long wait for anything to be announced has cemented it for me. It's a shame, both groups could have done much better if their timing was right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised I mean how do you carry on after a hyped comeback single fails to chart higher than number FIFTY?

That is a shame though. I loved Flatline but the video was TERRIBLE.
    And HollieLouise, your post was great. Although Siobhan has a lovely voice, as a line up it's Mutya, Keisha & Heidi that connected most with the public & seeing Siobhan & Keisha all smiley-smiley in photos was quite surprising, especially as the former said in that interview that the latter was her 'first bully'.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're not getting an album unfortunately, I told you guys months ago.