Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Monster of Highgate Ponds [1961]. Director: Alberto Cavalcanti

5/10

Former Ealing director directs a bunch of posh kids and a rubber monster in this Children's Film Foundation silliness. The location filming was the best part.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raging Bull - 8/10
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted (2012) 9/10. Very rude, but very funny!
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    Ted (2012) 9/10. Very rude, but very funny!

I also liked this seems people love or hate it but also like family guy.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lego Movie - both my boys aged 6 & 10 loved it - and I did too.

9/10 (had to take a mark off for 'Everything is Awesome' song which I cannot get out of my head!!!!!)
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreams For Sale (Yume uru futari) (2012) 8.5/10
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the *horror* flick *Nothing Left to Fear!* ... Not exactly *must see* but it done the job! :cool: 7.5/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Dinner for Schmucks - terrible which is a shame as I really like both lead actors.

2\10
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Dinner for Schmucks - terrible which is a shame as I really like both lead actors.

2\10

Agree with all of this. :(
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I,Frankenstein - Not as bad as the reviews, but not memorable & lacking in the wow factor.

It's a fairly entertaining & you'll like it if you don't mind lightweight fantasy violence, even if the Shakespearesque dialogue is a bit annoying.

PS: The 3D is a total waste of time & I'm sorry I didn't have the option to watch it in 2D when I went to see it.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Sightseers'by the director of 'A Field In England'9/10
    A wonderfully daft romp through a tour of northern England,with a bit of serial killing thrown in for laughs! Excellent,I almost hurt myself laughing in a few places.A practically unknown film that ought to have a much wider audience!
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Flight (2012) 8/10
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Prisoners (2013) 7/10
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Captain Phillips - Tom Hanks delivers a fantastic performance in this riveting true story, top notch acting from the 'pirates' too, excellent stuff 9/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Anchors Aweigh (1945) - 7.5/10
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man of Steel. I have to say I thought it was incredibly dull.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Meet The Fockers.

Loved it, made me laugh - Barbra Streisand straddling Robert De Niro was brillant!

8/10
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Captain Phillips - Tom Hanks delivers a fantastic performance in this riveting true story, top notch acting from the 'pirates' too, excellent stuff 9/10

Agreed.

Tom Hanks was indeed excellent as usual, but I thought the actors who played the pirates were first rate.

They exduded menace so believably that it was hard to tell that they were acting.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dennis the Menace Strikes Again! [1998]

4/10

Annoying sequel doesn't even have the benefit of Walter Matthau as Mr Wilson.

Cheaper by the Dozen [2003]. Director: Shawn Levy

3/10

12 kids are even worse. Hollywood scriptwriters' inability to write dialogue for kids is quite staggering.
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 5,977
    Forum Member
    Captain Phillips - 9/10 - Great acting from the pirates as mentioned. In general the film was not what I was expecting, a must see film.
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    'Sightseers'by the director of 'A Field In England'9/10
    A wonderfully daft romp through a tour of northern England,with a bit of serial killing thrown in for laughs! Excellent,I almost hurt myself laughing in a few places.A practically unknown film that ought to have a much wider audience!

I watched that on DVD last year & have to say I agree with your review. I like the dark humour in it.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soylent Green - The best sci-fi films have always been about ideas, even though this particular movie is a bit heavy handed with its message.

7/10

Wall Street - Struggled to keep up with the financial jargon but wow, I want to be Gordon Gekko :D

9/10
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I re-watched The Sting, and enjoyed it again.

I also watched Dive Bomber, a 1941 colour film starring Errol Flynn as a US Navy medical officer carrying out research into altitude sickness and trying to find ways to prevent dive bomber pilots from blacking out. The film was only okay, but the actual aircraft looked great (apart from a visiting RAF fighter plane which just looked ridiculous!).

I'm now on watching Airline, a 1982 British tv series set just after World War 2, which is very good so far, even if the picture quality is far from great.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trainspotting - 9.5/10:D
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.