Mike & Molly... dire stuff

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I watched one episode of this, the rest of it, I judge from watching so many trailers on Comedy Central.
It truly is total crap. A waste of Melissa McCarthy's talents to be among a group of such lousy comedy actors such as the guy playing Mike and his irritating cop friend, who chews so much of the scenery, there isn't much of a set left.
If it was aiming to be the next Roseanne, it failed. It was aiming to resemble a comedy, it also failed there
If there any fans out there who can rush to it's defense? Surely fans of this show do not exist... :o

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll defend it. Great comedy. Up there with The Middle and Modern Family IMO.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I haven't really followed it but I did catch a couple of episodes one morning when in bed and didn't think it was too bad.

Tough for me to really judge it off of about two or three episodes, but it seems like a decent little show. Some decent laughs but nothing outstanding or ground breaking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I've been too spoilt with Frasier and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. The stupid sister, the dog and the black cop's granny are my favourite characters.
  • lucholucho Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Horrible horrible show. I understand it could be 'big' in America but why oh why to UK TV execs think we need to watch a show with such people in it? When I think about it I get a bit of sick in my mouth.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever seen trailers, they look dire enough to make me give it a miss! Shame on anyone that could compare it to Modern Family!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    well i watch a lot of us sitcoms, infact id say 80% of all tv i watch is US sitcoms and i like mike and molly ive watched every episode so far. its just a fun show, popcorn tv really.

plus i think molly and her sister are both hot in different ways, that always helps to watch a show.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    It's fat jokes... the whole time, every single episode. Nothing good about that at all.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I've only ever seen trailers, they look dire enough to make me give it a miss! Shame on anyone that could compare it to Modern Family!

Well it's all down to preferences. I happen to enjoy both shows, not everyone will though.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch it, but I've seen enough trailers to know it's not my thing.

However, what I do find odd is that Mike and his cop friend both played a pair of police officers in Dougray Scott's short lived TV show Heist.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the actors and the characters. The scripts aren't the most subtle. But it's quite good fun (for some people anyway!).
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the best but it's still good.

Better than what TBBT is giving us ATM
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'ts a great comedy, Victoria is so funny :)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving it especially Mike's mum and dog LOL.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's great.

And a lot of people think the same... So your wrong:p
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it :D
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's funny.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember judging it from the trailers and thinking it looked quite bad, but I gave it a shot and I really like it. Never missed an episode.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to agree with a comment when I noticed it was my own from a year ago! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I love it. Mike's mum and Jim the dog are my favourite characters :D
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got into season 1 of this thought it was great but this season of it I haven't got into it as well, no idea why possibly novelty has wore off with me sadly
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Bet Melissa McCarthy is regretting signing up for this just as her movie career is taking off - she's probably now tied into a contract for years assuming it keeps getting renewed. I've seen it a few times and just don't think it's all that funny. Although if it rates well in the US, then presumably the cast make the big money so doesn't matter whether it's funny or not to them lol
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucho wrote: »
    Horrible horrible show. I understand it could be 'big' in America but why oh why to UK TV execs think we need to watch a show with such people in it? When I think about it I get a bit of sick in my mouth.

How pathetic.
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never miss - but the constant baby storyline is turning me off, need to be more like S1 with Jim the dog having more to do.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never miss - but the constant baby storyline is turning me off, need to be more like S1 with Jim the dog having more to do.
    I agree, but they seem to be sticking to a very strict seasonal story schedule;
    S1 meeting & moving in
    S2 getting married
    S3 getting pregnant

My money's on Molly getting pregnant in the last episode of this season and having the baby the last episode of next season, with S4 revolving around the pregnant couple apartment hunting & moving out, and S5 being about raising a baby in their new flat...

It's a decent, no-brainer comedy, but would probably be unwatchable without Melissa McCarthy in it...