Home & Away - The Braxtons are involved in the London episodes

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/home-and-away/news/a515552/home-and-away-uk-story-to-feature-braxtons-fan-contest-announced.html

What a surprise (!)

Seriously I'm getting so tired and sick of the Braxtons taking over the show. They might as well call it "The Braxton show".

Comments

• willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Yay :D Look forward to that

Was always going to be them. UK/Ch5 may aswell use them for some much needed promotion
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    Yay :D Look forward to that

Was always going to be them. UK/Ch5 may aswell use them for some much needed promotion

Fair enough, but it should be Alf and Irene as they're the show's most important characters ;). I meant about publicity. But I am not surprised about the Braxtons :p
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I would never have guessed! Are the Braxton family really that popular? Whenever there's anything written about Home and Away, the majority of comments always say the same thing that the show is too Braxton-oriented and everyone is switching off, so surely H&A could give other characters a chance?
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Depends where you look :p

Not everyone can be switching off, pretty sure it still does ok in ratings
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't the Braxtons basically the only characters left? I thought everyone else was leaving :p
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I just knew it. They should do a crossover with EE, where they run into the Brannings - the two dominant, scene-hogging families together.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    :mad: :(:cry: I knew it. The sooner Lucy Addario and sycophantic Braxton obsession goes, the better.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,648
    Forum Member
    I am pretty sure the world rolled it's eyes when this was announced. :rolleyes:

But are any of us really shocked that the Braxton Show is once again focusing on the Braxtons? It's yet again another location shot for them. The desert, Melbourne twice and now to London.

I am beginning to wonder if the EP/Writers are aware that there are other characters on the show.

All they seem to care about is putting the Braxtons on screen and making sure they have the focus. They give them repeated storylines and put them up against baddies who they are just as bad as and in some cases worse, but yet we are meant to cheer for the Braxtons like the heroes they are, when really they should all be jail (and not weekend jail which then gets cancelled because it's too hard :( Poor Casey the arsonist, armed robber, father killer, violent thug).

They also shouldn't be having character's like Alf, Marilyn, Irene and Roo feel sorry for them and wishing them luck for their next court date, when they know full well what violent thugs they are!

It's beyond ridiculous now. How hard can it be for soaps to give equal attention to all their characters, to not repeat storylines 4 months later with the same characters, just different baddies.

It's obvious that they have no idea how to run a soap, but as long as some of the viewers continue to post how 'hawt Brax and Casey' are and continue to say 'Poor Casey, he deserves a break' after he once again commits a crime and cheer for Brax to find someone special then cry when he loses them through his own thuggish actions, nothing will change.