Music Industry being killed

Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
When you have crap like 'what does the Fox say' selling and even charting

You cannot comment on 'current' and 'relevant' and apply them to world class vocalists like Sam Bailey

So sorry I cannot take that seriously

The problem isn't with Sam Bailey

Te Problem is today's youth and their grasp of the music industry

Comments

• PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    When you have crap like 'what does the Fox say' selling and even charting

You cannot comment on 'current' and 'relevant' and apply them to world class vocalists like Sam Bailey

So sorry I cannot take that seriously

The problem isn't with Sam Bailey

Te Problem is today's youth and their grasp of the music industry
    The music industry has always been a bag of shit. What is it you're complaining about exactly?
  • InsomniacParadeInsomniacParade Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes because 'What Does The Fox Say' is the first novelty song ever to chart.

And singing modern songs means every act has to sing Ylvis just like 80s week meant every act singing 'Agadoo'.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overreaction rant...DS staple.
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fox has an actually quite catchy melody and the bridge is very clever.

I'd love to see Abi's take on it! :D
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, something else blamed on today's youth :rolleyes: DS overreaction shocker (not).

The music industry has always had good and bad songs, now and 30 years ago. It's no different. People seem too bitter because they don't enjoy music at the moment as if want they say is fact.

Currently, music in the chart is quite decent and diverse. And people should listen to other music too, not just the ones charting. There are hundreds of fantastic songs out there which can't be promoted because they belong to independent music companies.

Maybe you should look into 1970s and 1980s music and novelty acts, you seem to believe that The Fox is the first novelty song ever.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    The music industry isn't dying, it's ever evolving. And just because you personally don't agree with it's current form, doesn't make it wrong.

I don't disagree that Sam Bailey's great, but really. I always find these "Music is shit now! It used to be so much better! DAMN YOU YOUTH OF TODAY! *shakes fist*" comments ridiculous.
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should make them sing What Does The Fox Say next Sunday night. I would pish myself laughing :D
  • TrustFundBabyTrustFundBaby Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music industry will die the day Sam Bailey sings one of her crappy cabaret covers all the way to number one.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeesus.

When I was a little girl Buddy Holly was in the charts, so were the Avons singing seven little girls.

When I was a teen the Beatles ruled the charts. Scaffold hit number one with Lilly the Pink.

There have always been crap novelty records in the charts, always.