Big Brother 16 confirmed for Summer 2014!

Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-renewed-season-16-628377

Big Brother will return next year! It hardly comes as a surprise because the ratings have held up fine this season, but I was ever-so-slightly concerned that CBS would pull the plug after this seasons controversy...

Comments

• RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping the rumours that Grodner is on the way out are true.

Bet you returning players are involved in some shape or form next year.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Oh yay! :D

Hopefully they'll learn from this year and cast some likable people. Even Elissa who was one of the few likable ones wasn't cast in the conventional way, she got in because of who she is related to.. the casting really needs to improve.

If what we get with no returning players are HGs along the lines of what we got this year, i'm up for returning players next year all the way.
  • joshrulez2joshrulez2 Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news :)
    Fresh new cast over returning players any day though
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If returning players means Keesha, Jen and/or Russell then I'll take whoever else they want and whatever stupid twist they want. :D
  • joshrulez2joshrulez2 Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone think MVP should return next season?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Yey, ending on BB15 would be ending on a bit of a sour note really. Hopefully the show comes back fighting next season.

I actually liked the MVP twist and wouldn't mind seeing it again. Interestingly what spoilt it was Elissa's presence as it was just blatantly obvious who would get it. Even the houseguests knew. Though she did put it to good use, getting rid of the meathead males one-by-one.

I did like it though when it switched to America deciding who was up. Not that it affected the game in any major way. But the week where it went down the chain to the one next in line was highly amusing:
    1st choice: Aaryn (was nominated anyway)
    2nd choice: Elissa (not really sure what happened there, but then she won veto anyway)
    3rd choice: GinaMarie (who then didn't get a single vote to go lol)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    If returning players means Keesha, Jen and/or Russell then I'll take whoever else they want and whatever stupid twist they want. :D

They are probably my top three dream would be Allstars too! :)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yey, ending on BB15 would be ending on a bit of a sour note really. Hopefully the show comes back fighting next season.

I actually liked the MVP twist and wouldn't mind seeing it again. Interestingly what spoilt it was Elissa's presence as it was just blatantly obvious who would get it. Even the houseguests knew. Though she did put it to good use, getting rid of the meathead males one-by-one.

I did like it though when it switched to America deciding who was up. Not that it affected the game in any major way. But the week where it went down the chain to the one next in line was highly amusing:
    1st choice: Aaryn (was nominated anyway)
    2nd choice: Elissa (not really sure what happened there, but then she won veto anyway)
    3rd choice: GinaMarie (who then didn't get a single vote to go lol)

I always enjoy it when contestants are able to get one over on production, so to see the original MVP twist completely neutralized by one side of the house was quite cool.

I think it was McCrae and Amanda (correct me if I'm wrong) who first spotted the gap that as long as Elissa kept winning MVP, their side of the house was absolutely solid, regardless of what the other side won. I like to see players completely exploit situations that are designed to trouble them, so to see production have to change the twist, partially because it was no longer having the desired effect was pretty cool!
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »

Russell as in BB11 Russell? I can't remember another one, but he seems like a bit of a strange choice.