Lump in bend of arm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
I noticed earlier on today that i have a lump under the skin on the bend og my arm (where you get blood taken from). I dont know if i am just being paranoid there is one on my other arm nut not as big - could it just be the bone or something to worry about?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May be nothing, but worth visting a doctor if you are concerned. Could be a ganglion which is like a flixible protrusion at a joint, thats not serious but can cause discomfort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had something that sounds like that a long time ago and it was tennis elbow.Can't remember much other than I think it went away on its own.
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I noticed earlier on today that i have a lump under the skin on the bend og my arm (where you get blood taken from). I dont know if i am just being paranoid there is one on my other arm nut not as big - could it just be the bone or something to worry about?

I would keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it's still there, I would say you need to see your doctor to have it checked out. It could be something like a boil which I get quite a lot. Boils and abcess's are very prone to growing on your arms or legs.
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote:
    I would keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it's still there, I would say you need to see your doctor to have it checked out. It could be something like a boil which I get quite a lot. Boils and abcess's are very prone to growing on your arms or legs.

They only occur on hairy parts; the crook of the arm isn't generally hairy. Is it painful?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does it hurt when you press it ?
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote:
    Does it hurt when you press it ?

If so, it could be a carbuncle, these are caused by a staphylococcal infection.
  • seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hello Worrier,

If I tell you not to worry you will, so worry, go to your doctor who will smile and say you have nothing to worry about and this is quite common.

I have one, pea size on the back of my knee.
    seacam