System Crashed

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, it's probably just fluke and nothing to be concerned about, but today I put a DVD in my PS3 Slim and it crashed when loading. Never done it before, and I once had a PS3 that did that a lot so had to send it back. Seemed fine playing back DVD's since this afternoon though.

Tonight, I've gone to install Uncharted that I downloaded, and it crashed/froze at 50%. - Bear in mind it's a huge download to install at 18GB.

My hard drive is a 1TB, which I installed myself.

Is this a concern? Would I have to redownload Uncharted again or could I use the original file?

Thansk

Comments

• jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi could be an issue with the HDD. Had it with my previous 320GB slim PS3.

Not sure if someone else can advise on the maintenance procedures for PS3 such as disk clean up, housekeeping and defrag? These may help.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Hi could be an issue with the HDD. Had it with my previous 320GB slim PS3.

Not sure if someone else can advise on the maintenance procedures for PS3 such as disk clean up, housekeeping and defrag? These may help.

I do those housekeeping procedures every so often.

Seems fine now I tried reinstalling it again, and now installing Uncharted 2 so maybe it was just a blip. It has been on for 24 hours solid downloading.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »

Seems fine now I tried reinstalling it again, and now installing Uncharted 2 so maybe it was just a blip. It has been on for 24 hours solid downloading.

Here's hoping it works out for you! :)
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »

could it be anything to do with the heat we're having in the UK? the ambient temperature in the spare bedroom where my console is is very warm.