Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Cathedral City Chedds - ARGH!! More annoying kids!! :mad:

I saw this for the first time today. It is mildly annoying now and will only rapidly descend into full, frothing at the mouth rage whenever it comes on. I fear it may be on for some time :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I can still remember those stupid ads with those pillocks with enormous lightbulbs on their heads :eek::D:o
    "Oooh look, Ocean Finance have got their own TV channel" :o

Just as long go compare don't start one, judging by this thread it won't get many viewers :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Just as long go compare don't start one, judging by this thread it won't get many viewers :D

Go Compare TV, now THAT would be the ultimate nightmare! :eek:
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Weight Watchers advert with that stupid blonde woman 'dancing' down the street and punching the air twice. It's cringey.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pilgrim cheese advert with the tiny cowboy is really odd - gives me the creeps!
    Im sure people will complain when he points the gun at the cat- very creepy!!:confused:

Can anyone explain to me what this ad is all about?

Yes, I know it's trying to sell cheese, but how is a cowboy remotely connected to cheese? Beans, maybe.

And why is he so small? Does that have any significance at all?

This advert doesn't exactly annoy me, but leaves me baffled.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Richmond Ham Advert! Showing naked people! WTF? I don't want to see that guy's ass! just what the HELL?:eek::eek::eek:

I know I've complaiend about this before but let's talk about GO COMPAAAAAAAAAAARE!:yawn: First off let me just say that I'm so relieved that we haven't seen any news ones so far!:) but WHY OH WHY are they showing OLD ones? I remember seeing these back on 2009 and 2010! So it seems they've run out of IDEAS for new ones? but why are we now forced to deal with old ones again! just wanna yank that mustache and kick that GUY!:mad: There's no escape from this advert!:eek: thank god for mute buttons though:(

The Vista Print advert with the woman looking like a nun at first but then suddenly bursts into dance with other women moving and dancing (following her lead) in a fitness club with catchy and annoying music playing throughout the advert constantly going BUM BUM BUM WOAH OOH! OOOH!:mad: It was okay at first when it wasn't being shown much but now it's getting quite annoying seeing it a lot!:o
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the one for Christian Mingle? Odd name - sounds like cockney rhyming slang.

It's a dating site for Christians so, understandably, doesn't feature a hot bird in her underwear a la Be Naughty.com.:(

Is it not the case that the dating sites for religious people are church events? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hovis ad. It really does make it look like Britain advocates child labor even though I'm sure that's not the intention.

I miss the old Hovis ad with the boy running through the decades. That one was perfect.
    Forum Member
    Nyota wrote: »
    The Hovis ad. It really does make it look like Britain advocates child labor even though I'm sure that's not the intention.

I miss the old Hovis ad with the boy running through the decades. That one was perfect.

Or the one which went, "he were a great baykerr were owa dad, useta gerrup at 4 in't mornin" all while pushing a bike up hill :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Is it not the case that the dating sites for religious people are church events? :D

That's what I thought too.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That awful cap doffing Halifax Choir is back at the top of my hate list.
    We have a nice big wide screen tv and seeing that opening close up of that girls mouth, teeth and tongue yawping "I'll Be There" makes me feel sick.
    Because it is right at the start of the ad too, there is no time to grab the remote!
    I hate Halifax and that fecking choir. :mad::mad::mad:
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vanish advertisement that features a woman asking children the various colours of thing. What irritates me, is how it's been dubbed over. I cannot stand advertisements like that.

Such a terrible advert!
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current ad for Not On The High Street (dot com). It creeps me out - not sure why! :(
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Butlins ad with that bouncing child. Really grating on me at the minute! :mad:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Achica - Why is this bloody advert on during EVERY EPISODE of Come Dine With Me?! :mad: Thank goodness for Sky+.

This week on Hollyoaks - WHY is this STILL on?!

Daily Mail - Oh great, just what I always wanted, a DVD of that Jubilee I really DID NOT CARE about one bit. :rolleyes: Not only that but it ISN'T free at all if you have to buy the paper, plus it says in the small print "postage payable" and you have to wait 56 days. Seriously? 56 days to post a DVD?!

Moonpig - Oh FFS, now they are using Father's Day as an excuse to advertise some bloody wine! :mad: Spend £20 on our wine and we'll give you a piece of cardboard free. :rolleyes:
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    We Buy Any Home.com, hysterically over-singing woman singing the name of the website. Horrifying. :eek:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member

Presumably its an ad for people who want to meet people like them - I mean who's going online thinking "Its really important my partner has strong religious views and maybe loves an invisible being more than me" :(:p
    Not all Christians are like that I guess :)
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do feel horrible for saying it but the give blood advert with the wee ginger girl in hospital is getting at me. I'm Scottish and her accent grates on me so very much. First ad I've ever had to mute!!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Christians shouldn't need a tacky website. They should hook up at church.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the one for Christian Mingle? Odd name - sounds like cockney rhyming slang.

It's a dating site for Christians so, understandably, doesn't feature a hot bird in her underwear a la Be Naughty.com.:(

Not seen the ad- but it's by the same company who
    run "J-Date", the dating site for Jews:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark_Networks

How about a site for Christians who wanna date Jews
    and vice versa? They could call it "Matzo Fever". ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Moonpig - Oh FFS, now they are using Father's Day as an excuse to advertise some bloody wine! :mad: Spend £20 on our wine and we'll give you a piece of cardboard free. :rolleyes:

I thought Moonpig were a greetings card company? WTF are they doing selling wine?

Fingers in all the pies comes to mind.

Also, their company name is stupid and not in the fun, quirky way that they probably think.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    So all those old movies featuring cowboys at work on the ranch, wrangling horses in between bouts of morally upright shooting of each other, should in fact have had them wrangling cows ?

I think Hollywood should be told.

Are they making some tenuous link to John Wayne too? Didn't he call people "Pilgrim" in his famous film "The Man who Shot Liberty Valance"?
    Just a thought.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey Nichols is the most disgusting advert at present; pictures of women who have peed their pants. I certainly won't be going in their shop again, wading ankle deep in urine, and poo even.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Nyota wrote: »
    I thought Moonpig were a greetings card company? WTF are they doing selling wine?

Fingers in all the pies comes to mind.

Also, their company name is stupid and not in the fun, quirky way that they probably think.

I thought they just meant another piece of card to personalise the wine you bought? :confused: Unless I misunderstood, WTF are Moonpig selling wine for?
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Are they making some tenuous link to John Wayne too? Didn't he call people "Pilgrim" in his famous film "The Man who Shot Liberty Valance"?
    Just a thought.

Only a western movie anorak would know that, not sure about the general public, anyway always thought cowboys were to do with meat not cheese, may have been some milking involved, but ranch restaurants and cowboy references in america and here all seemed to lead to beef steak meals or burgers etc, then again I could be wrong....
This discussion has been closed.