Moment in a comic that disturbed/upset you the most?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Batman being broken by Bane
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doomlord had some scary scenes.

I'll never forget how that ended with a cliffhanger of his son Enok having become a vampire and debating whether he should protect the earth or devour it's inhabitants.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doomlord, in Eagle comic was at its creepiest, for me, when it started in the very first issue of the revamped 1980s Eagle, in early 1982. Back then, it was a cliched, but effectively done, scenario, with a lone man-a local reporter-witnessing an alien landing in a forest, witnessing him killing and absorbing a person's appearance, then fighting to convince the rest of the world, Invasion of Body Snatcher's style.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A scene in Hellblazer, when a bloke has taken out the eyes of his pet dogs and just has them sitting there while the dogs writhe on the floor. That was horrific!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    The 'Larsen' run on 'The Defenders' when it was relaunched years ago. Truly appalling.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleman turning out to be a robot then getting smashed by hulk ::D
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum once gave me a pile of comics she bought at a fair, and one of them was a bit more adult than she realised as it featured a number of weird sexual scenes including one where a female outlaw in the 'old west' forced a cowboy to sodomise another cowboy at gun point :eek:
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    dadioflex wrote: »
    I found the last issue of The Boys a bit upsetting but ya know, spoilers.

I too found that upsetting. But, mostly because it was so poor compared to earlier in the series.

Before that, I remember Captain Marvel dying of cancer. Yes, I know they were trying to be realistic, but I read comics as escapism, not to be presented with the horrors of the real world. :(
  • ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a spiderman story about a boy with cancer - the ol web head visits him to cheer him up. The boys asks spidey to reveal his identity and as spiderman turns around without his mask he sees that the boy has died.

Even as a 40 year old I still let out a tear for that story. One of the most moving ever written.
  • JambobJambob Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry wrong forum
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "No more mutants".

The Scarlet Witch decimating the mutant race was a bit of a WOW moment for me. Closely followed by the massacre of depowered mutants at the Xavier institute.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've just caught up with the shocking glenn dies in walking dead episode.

it manages to be shocking, disturbing and heartbreaking at the same time. this really is a brilliant comic. my only regret is that i've caught up with the timeline now, so i'll have to wait at least a month until my next fix! :D
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Seeing the horns sticking out of Desperate Dans cow pie....just awful.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarot. I was so upset when I busted my gut laughing. Affected me for weeks:cry:
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The outcome of the confrontation between Bullseye and Elektra.