Trollied Series 2

Comments

• CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DFI wrote: »
    It's a god job I'm wearing my corset for I fear my sides have split :rolleyes:

I am amazed that you are allowed straps in your wing?
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up on ep 3 today. I must say I am really enjoying this series, more so than the first. I like how they have moved things on and I am laughing more now.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I worked for Sainsburys as a student and my wife worked for them for many years as a HR manager, and we've managed to match every character with someone we worked with (often several). :D

"Why is it always the bakers?" was one of my wives comments. It's as if the unsocial hours attract a certain type of character. :D

The Butchers view on the Bakers standing was pretty accurate too. :p

Now, you see, I work for Sainsburys and I think this show is a load of old tosh.

But as far as the bakers are concerned, I will give you that one. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    For me this line was one of the best from Episode 2, when Julie asked Katie how she was enjoying working on the kiosk and said 'a step up from working on the tills'. Now if you don't or have never worked in a supermarket that will mean nothing to you, but if you have, you'll understand what I mean

Er, I work on the tills.And I'd say rather that than working on the shop floor and constantly being asked where things are by the customers!

And those two on the desk? Ridiculous characters who spend most of their time yakking and messing around. They would be in the manager's office in no time in our store.

Though they wouldn't be together if they worked for us. There's only ever one person on the desk, working flat out. No time for jolly japes on there.

Oh and I know it's a comedy (of sorts). But I'd still like a little realism please.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cuza wrote: »
    Now, you see, I work for Sainsburys and I think this show is a load of old tosh.

But as far as the bakers are concerned, I will give you that one. :p
    Well firstly you probably worked in a more upmarket store. :p

And secondly my time was about 20 years ago and I will admit that many things have changed since then. You wouldn't get away with many things we did back then. :D
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cuza wrote: »
    Er, I work on the tills.And I'd say rather that than working on the shop floor and constantly being asked where things are by the customers!
    Depends on your viewpoint I guess but as a Grocery boy it was far better being on the shop floor than tied to a till.

Yes you did get asked where things were but if you were strolling across the store with a customer to show them where something was then you weren't putting out and no one could moan at you for not working. Also it gave you the chance to swing by bakery/deli and chat to the girl's there on your way back. :p

You were free, you could wander back and forth from the warehouse too.

Amongst Grocery staff being called to tills was the worst thing that could happen to you, even collecting trollies from the car park was preferable. :D
  • CatWolfCatWolf Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B.i.l.f
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I love Margaret and Lorraine. Julie has been changed totally now, not enjoying her any more.

I agree. She just comes across as a loon now, whereas last series she was believable as the ambitious junior manager with poor people skills. Even her crush on Gavin has become a bit 'carry on', whereas last series it was quite sad and pathetic.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying this series, definitely an improvement on the first :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Depends on your viewpoint I guess but as a Grocery boy it was far better being on the shop floor than tied to a till.

Yes you did get asked where things were but if you were strolling across the store with a customer to show them where something was then you weren't putting out and no one could moan at you for not working. Also it gave you the chance to swing by bakery/deli and chat to the girl's there on your way back. :p

You were free, you could wander back and forth from the warehouse too.

Amongst Grocery staff being called to tills was the worst thing that could happen to you, even collecting trollies from the car park was preferable. :D

Ha, it's still detested by shopfloor staff to be honest with you. But I'm lazy and I'd rather be sat on a till.
    Although there isn't any freedom.
    As for the "girls" on the deli I think most of ours are in their fifties!
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite worrying watching Dragons Den and seeing Lorraine over Hilary...
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,618
    Forum Member
    tigraboi wrote: »
    Episode 3 was v funny. Stephanie Beacham as a hard-faced northerner is absolutely genius - I've never actually thought she was that great an actress but she has totally brought the character of Lorraine to life brilliantly. It's fantastic hearing her swear ha ha

Open the bastard doors

I love Lorraine.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't this is as good as the first series.

The new boss is a great introduction to the cast
    The deputy has gone right down hill
    So have the customer services girl, the fat lass and the lazy bloke.
    The butchers are still on good form as is the simpleton and the dotty old lady.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Lorraine's a great character. I've always associated Stephanie Beacham with glamorous roles, but she's shown how versatile she is as she's totally believable as a hard-faced Northerner.

I find Margaret rather puzzling as a character, actually. I don't know whether to laugh at her or to feel sorry for her.
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    He was Gary's mate in good night sweetheart as well. Can't believe that he's managed to put on even more weight since then.

He played 'Jack' in Bread. Aww, I like him.:confused:
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Lorraine's a great character. I've always associated Stephanie Beacham with glamorous roles, but she's shown how versatile she is as she's totally believable as a hard-faced Northerner.

I've always felt that SB is very underrated - although she has the 'diva' image from her time in Dynasty and The Colbys, whenever I've seen her being interviewed she never seems to take herself too seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "no ifs buts or bollocks" lol
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We're like shit and shoe polish you an' me ..."

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "We're like shit and shoe polish you an' me ..."

:D:D:D:D:D

Lol

She's given some good lines tonight!
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is on top form tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Lol

She's given some good lines tonight!

I love her, Stephanie Beacham is fantastic. Reminds me of Hilary Devey hahaha

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her, Stephanie Beacham is fantastic. Reminds me of Hilary Devey hahaha

:D:D

Yeah she does actually!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always over too soon :(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this series, more so than the first series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Poor Neville :cry: