Jessie J : The most beautiful ,nicest, decent pop star today.

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
Just been watching her on Chatty Man and I have to say she comes across as a decent , really nice , down to earth person. I liked her in The Voice for her honesty and have watched her.

Why cant a lot of other "stars or celebs" be a good role model lke her.

Love her to bits and hopefully she will continue being this role model.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching her on Chatty Man and I have to say she comes across as a decent , really nice , down to earth person. I liked her in The Voice for her honesty and have watched her.

Why cant a lot of other "stars or celebs" be a good role model lke her.

Love her to bits and hopefully she will continue being this role model.

Agree, she is truly lovely! My daughter ran Nike to the Beat half marathon in Greenwich Park and Jessie J was singing live. She sounded brilliant live, an absolute powerhouse and a tiny ball of massive energy as she danced around the stage, and she managed to keep everyone's spirits up despite a bit of rain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, this is an unpopular opinion. A lot of the hate she gets is completely undeserved.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Goody with a microphone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit she came over a bit better than she normally does. Maybe grown up a bit? But then she had to sing. One of the most overrated singer/songwriters of recent times imo. Can't stand her voice or delivery and the songs all sound the same.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I also like Jessie J and I think she is a lovely person and I also think that she really suits her hair short as she has it now.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her doing The Voice did her no favours at all. I've always liked her but she didn't come across very well during her time on that show.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Nah, she's as egotistical as the rest of them.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I also like Jessie J and I think she is a lovely person and I also think that she really suits her hair short as she has it now.

I think Jessie suits her hair much better when it's either long, or just below the chin.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think Jessie suits her hair much better when it's either long, or just below the chin.

A beard? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit she came over a bit better than she normally does. Maybe grown up a bit? But then she had to sing. One of the most overrated singer/songwriters of recent times imo. Can't stand her voice or delivery and the songs all sound the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TklXlHFpnlM

come on, her voice is amazing. even if you dont like her vocal styling. not very many pop stars today have the control she has to be able to perfectly executed what she did at 3:49 in this video. she is a great talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan but I think she's very genuine and hardworking.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is very talented, a strong female with a kind heart.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade Goody with a microphone.

I don't particularly like her and I definitely don't like her music, but I'm finding it difficult to see the similarities here.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »

come on, her voice is amazing. even if you dont like her vocal styling. not very many pop stars today have the control she has to be able to perfectly executed what she did at 3:49 in this video. she is a great talent.

Brilliant. Thanks for that.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Brilliant. Thanks for that.

I don't think she gets the recognition she deserves in this country.
  • BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »

pink did similar at 3.27 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PK8Zi3rW3E

i agree, she did come across quite down to earth on Chatty Man. but i dislike her singing style. maybe it will tone down when she matures more and is more confident.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BobbyMcGee wrote: »

i agree, she did come across quite down to earth on Chatty Man. but i dislike her singing style. maybe it will tone down when she matures more and is more confident.

Nope. Pink's tone was quite lower than Jessie's was. Pink's tone wasn't as pure as Jessie's sounded.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are joking? :D

Plus Jessie is British :p
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she doesnt care about her fans
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Maybe I'm in a minority but I don't like her. I think she's vastly overrated. I listened to her first album and it was really bland and a lot of the songs could have been sung by anyone.When I first heard her I thought she sounded like Natasha Bedingfield with slightly different music. I hate that screeching thing she does with her voice as well. What I also hate is the opinion some people have that she's the second coming of pop music. She's not. She's just another rather average pop star.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Those aren't even close. I love P!nk and think she is a phenomenal vocalist, but what you pointed out and what I pointed out aren't the same or close in the slightest. I was referring to Jessie's control in her transition. It is very difficult to get clear, smooth transitions like that a very few pop stars today actually possess that level of skill. (I am not comparing these two ladies, btw. They are both great vocalists.)
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her at the itunes festival last year (which funnily enough she is playing again tonight). TBH she was a lot better than id anticipated, but does overdo the vocals. Plus she stopped the performance halfway through, got her autobiography and proceeded to read for 10 minutes from it. It was exruciating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her at the itunes festival last year (which funnily enough she is playing again tonight). TBH she was a lot better than id anticipated, but does overdo the vocals. Plus she stopped the performance halfway through, got her autobiography and proceeded to read for 10 minutes from it. It was exruciating.

I watched that last year. She only read a paragraph that is like four or five sentences long from her book. It was more like two minutes tops. I remember she was very emotional at that show because it was her last full set of her last album. Cool that she is starting her first set of her new album at the exact same place.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I first heard her I thought she sounded like Natasha Bedingfield with slightly different music.

No bad thing. I really liked Natasha Bedingfield.