Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    The febreeze car ad, that guy is seriously way too excited.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Aldi advert where the little girl says she likes "these" premium wipes and her baby brother likes cheaper ones too, or something :eek:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    The vanish one just annoys me
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    That guy on radio with the Brummie accent

"Eeef.....ewwwww......cawl......Autoglass.....
    ..eeet.....wuuuuurnt......affect.....yah....
    .nawwww.....clayyyyms......bonus"

:D:D:D
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Sky ad, man they get worse and worse. They are so far up their own asses, it's cringe worthy.

The thing is they are trying to fool us by making out that these actors and tv presenters all love it, WE KNOW THEY ARE READING FROM A SCRIPT SO STOP WITH THE CRAP ACTING.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RBS advert with Johnny Cash crooning, It's been on all morning and is driving me mad.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colgirl wrote: »
    Endless Cancer adverts! I hate them for so many reasons - they are either completely grim, depressing or just plain patronising. They never seem to show anyone overcoming their illness, they never offer any hope - more of case of this is what you'll end up like: hairless, frail, with tubes up your nose. I speak as someone who went through this illness in the past and had to switch the channel when these adverts popped up.
    Do the makers of these ads never consider how a viewer, who's just been diagnosed with this condition, must feel when these ads are screened?:(

In addition this, the ads to help starving children in Africa. I may sound heartless and cruel but the real solution to the problem is birth control and an end to the corruption and wars that plague the country. Donating £2 per month is money down the drain.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The Aldi advert where the little girl says she likes "these" premium wipes and her baby brother likes cheaper ones too, or something :eek:

I love that ad .. the baby is so cute and the timing or cut n shut is priceless :D

The sister wants to change him for a kitten :eek:
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the VW advert with the guy leering over his daughter from birth, in adulthood as she vrooms of to god knows where i just know the muppet will return having failed in life destined to die alone in the decrepit house her parents bequeathed her to be eaten by her many moggies.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised there isn't an entire thread about the sheer awfulness of Fiona Phillips.... Oh yeah, and her postcode lottery ad! Cringeworthy tv at its worst and it seems to be on every ad break (freeview channel Pick).

I love that - "<I can't remember this bit>, we're going to Benidorm!" Presumably you don't win much on the Postcode Lottery.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I love that ad .. the baby is so cute and the timing or cut n shut is priceless :D

I'm sure my elder brother wanted to exchange the younger brother for something, and I'm also sure the younger brother wanted to exchange me for something (I couldn't follow them - I'm the youngest child).

As for the topic at hand - any Wonga advert. Especially since they rarely look at each other when in conversation.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The moonwalking Shetland pony gives me the heebie jeebies.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I love that - "<I can't remember this bit>, we're going to Benidorm!" Presumably you don't win much on the Postcode Lottery.

I'm sure my elder brother wanted to exchange the younger brother for something, and I'm also sure the younger brother wanted to exchange me for something (I couldn't follow them - I'm the youngest child).

As for the topic at hand - any Wonga advert. Especially since they rarely look at each other when in conversation.

I notice they've dropped the "She looks better in a bodybag" one since the Whitney Houston gaffe. I really hate the Wonga ads - I watch NCIS a lot, even if I've seen the episodes a gazillion times before, and the Wonga ads are on at every ad break.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

It must be the same baby that does the 'Gangnam Style' dance in the E-Lites advert ;)
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I understood her perfectly? She clearly says,

"So iffz yooneed essdracadge - goader catchladydog-go-dog-uk"

A completely sober and succinct message. I shall certainly be using catchladydog if I am ever in need of essdra cadge. Or if I have a female dog that runs away.

Ah, I see....:D
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    I hate the VW advert with the guy leering over his daughter from birth, in adulthood as she vrooms of to god knows where i just know the muppet will return having failed in life destined to die alone in the decrepit house her parents bequeathed her to be eaten by her many moggies.

That reminds me of that Disney advert, where the Dad does the same with his teenage daughter.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colgirl wrote: »
    Endless Cancer adverts! I hate them for so many reasons - they are either completely grim, depressing or just plain patronising. They never seem to show anyone overcoming their illness, they never offer any hope - more of case of this is what you'll end up like: hairless, frail, with tubes up your nose. I speak as someone who went through this illness in the past and had to switch the channel when these adverts popped up.
    Do the makers of these ads never consider how a viewer, who's just been diagnosed with this condition, must feel when these ads are screened?:(

I agree. I'm going through it atm and these ads bring you right down. My Mam gets so upset by them too, she turns the tv over when they're on as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    The new(-ish) Compare The Market advert with Robert Webb as the crazy bloke and the man with the 'tache playing the 'straight man'.

Maybe it's just me but everytime I see it I can't help thinking it was written with both Robert Webb and David Mitchell in mind. For whatever reason, David Mitchell is not in it so they just got someone else to play his part instead?

Anyone else think this?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,539
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    It must be the same baby that does the 'Gangnam Style' dance in the E-Lites advert ;)

Now that one does give me the creeps :eek:
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear if Rob Brydon doesn't bugger off with his flirty prices I cannot be held responsible for my actions!
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the bloody Sky Go woman. "So I can download movies onto my ipad? And they'll be there on my ipad? And I can watch them on my ipad?"

TSFL (too stupid for life)
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    The 'perl du lait' yoghurt ad with the stupid giggling girl at the end. Why would yogurt help with your morning hairstyling?

I just want to slap her and pour it over her head - see how THAT works... :D
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Change for life its like they are ramming Healthy living and Healthy Eating down our throats
    Kerry Katona cash lady
    Spec-savers where they end up in some army loading dock and the other spec saver ad where they accidently sit on a roller coaster to eat lunch.
    Sky ad with Jen Aniston
    Cadbury egg and Spoon
    Harribo
    oreo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    Oh, and the bloody Sky Go woman. "So I can download movies onto my ipad? And they'll be there on my ipad? And I can watch them on my ipad?"

TSFL (too stupid for life)

The moronitude of all the boggle eyed cretins on that advert makes me want to cut out my eyes with rusty scissors.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant remember the ad
    a little girl points to a bike she wants
    a pre teen (12 years old) points to a horse she wants
    a teenager points to the car she wants
    a young adult points to a house she wants
    and then her son points to the ice cream he wants

All while this is going on "Daddy" is there to pay for all her demands

also a red cross ad where its saying if you give us just 1% in your will it could go so far

Most people dont have enough money to get through the week
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No just one for Sky with the i-pad but the one with the song which i think she is singing "racy racy" or could be "ricky ricky" it's on every ad break on Challenge.

Driving me nuts.
This discussion has been closed.