Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Admiral car insurance ad, where they're trying to extol their products to the tune of America, from West Side Story. The first viewing caused a 'wtf' reaction, the second I reached for the mute button.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molyesha wrote: »
    In the Santander ad, it sounds like Rory McIlroy (sp?) says, 'You can open a C**t Account'. Hate it.

It's a word that's cropped up a lot recently in reference to bankers, but not specifically in that context :D
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,762
    Forum Member
    Corsodyl - for people who can't be bothered to go to the dentist!
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Aldi advert with the yoghurts. Dont like either of them women at all. `I like this one because its got strawberry on the side` Pause `And i also like this one ` NOBODY CARES. What grinds me the most is the other one `Long time since ive had a bit on the side` You`ve never had a bit on the side darling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Aldi advert with the yoghurts. Dont like either of them women at all. `I like this one because its got strawberry on the side` Pause `And i also like this one ` NOBODY CARES. What grinds me the most is the other one `Long time since ive had a bit on the side` You`ve never had a bit on the side darling.

The only 'bit' on the side she'll be getting is if she puts her hand in the denture glass next to her bed and accidentally clamps them onto her fingers :D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beats headphones ad that usually comes on when i'm trying to watch a video on youtube and the worse thing is you can't skip it after 5 seconds so i have to watch to watch the whole freaking thing when all i want to do is watch the video. Also will.i.am is on it so that makes me hate it even more.

I thought adverts on YouTube you CAN skip after 5 seconds so you don't have to watch the whole thing (or am I thinking of ITV Player ads)
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I fear that this advert is slowly becoming the new Halifax. They've now covered two songs.:o:mad:
    g4jc wrote: »
    Mmmm are the 'wowchers' a newer version of chavs?

I just want to tell her to behave or leave the table :rolleyes:

she's another one who needs the Pineapple treatment :mad:
    (the rough end inserted up her flue)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    I thought adverts on YouTube you CAN skip after 5 seconds so you don't have to watch the whole thing (or am I thinking of ITV Player ads)

Most of them you can skip and it's like the longest 5 seconds ever but some of them you have to watch the whole thing.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them you can skip and it's like the longest 5 seconds ever but some of them you have to watch the whole thing.

I remember when YouTube had no adverts :)
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaming Coke Zero advert. Those people would have to have deadened taste buds if they could not tell the difference!!
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It still Hasn't got any adverts for me. ;)
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    Oh, and secret escapes.

I saw a few posts about secret escapes many months ago on here, but I never really spotted it on TV or it didn't stand out to me.

But now, all that whispering has now gone past the Annoy-o-meter and here I am adding yet another rant about it :D

Could just about tolerate the original secret escapes ads (even though that "Go, go!" bit at the end got on my nerves, Eskimos in the arctic circle would have heard that, never mind the invisible husband in the bathroom), but the new ones are just toecurlingly bad, "what are you doing in the woman's spa?" , "these olives are handmade" (or something), and we see invisible husband, probably because he is spying on her cos he is convinced she is a basket case talking to herself all the time.:D

Anyone else noticed it takes Carol Vorderman 3 breaths to blow out the candles in her "Is me" cake, that's a lot of candles.;)
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aye, those were the days :D
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaming Coke Zero advert. Those people would have to have deadened taste buds if they could not tell the difference!!

Total bullshit ad. Coke and Coke Zero are polar opposites.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could just about tolerate the original secret escapes ads (even though that "Go, go!" bit at the end got on my nerves, Eskimos in the arctic circle would have heard that, never mind the invisible husband in the bathroom), but the new ones are just toecurlingly bad, "what are you doing in the woman's spa?" , "these olives are handmade" (or something), and we see invisible husband, probably because he is spying on her cos he is convinced she is a basket case talking to herself all the time.:D
    )

I liked the girl in the original add, really fanciable, but this doesn't look like the same girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member

Same here, that was until google took over :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I liked the girl in the original add, really fanciable, but this doesn't look like the same girl.

Same girl. Every time. Camilla Arfwedson, aka my future wife.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm2268310/
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Apple_Crumble;65225360

I remember when YouTube had no adverts :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't for me (my use of Adblock Plus may have something to do with that).

She has to be a basket case - in the one listed as "Day breaks" on YouTube has her trying to convince her lover that she's talking to a handbag.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just seen it. I can put up with Pepsi Max, but if I want Coke with no sugar I have to drink Diet.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coke Zero - Who do they think are kidding with that nonsense? Zero sugar sure but probably contains aspartame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Same girl. Every time. Camilla Arfwedson, aka my future wife.

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm2268310/
    Oh wow, she just had to be a Camilla!
    By the way she's my wife (in my head obviously):D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    What;s the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero if theyre both sugar free then? :confused:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    She has to be a basket case - in the one listed as "Day breaks" on YouTube has her trying to convince her lover that she's talking to a handbag.

As you do:D
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    What;s the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero if theyre both sugar free then? :confused:

Slightly different ingredient base.

It's suggested however the main reason is marketing - men won't buy "diet" - hence Zero being aimed primarily at men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Slightly different ingredient base.

It's suggested however the main reason is marketing - men won't buy "diet" - hence Zero being aimed primarily at men.

Diet Coke is meant to taste different. Coke Zero is supposed to taste more like normal Coke it is just sugar free.
This discussion has been closed.