Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh I know, "I didn't kill my Nana, I didn't kill my Nana" - oh gosh love we know, if only the authorities would hurry up and find out too so you will shoosh!

Ironically though, I did grow to like her a lot as she developed in the prison.

Yeah I didn't really mind Jenny later on, but she did spoil the siege episodes for me:mad:.

Just watched the early 400's episodes when David Bridges comes into it.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye bye Mary Adler:cry:
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still only on the 120s - Meg has just moved into her new flat which everyone seems to think is smaller than her 'unit' but to me looks much bigger? And the whiney next door neighbour Gail Summers has just been put inside for bashing her kid.

Gail's flat is blatantly a set re-dress of Meg's, and seems to exist in some weird fifth dimension... her front door is opposite Meg's, but this contradicts both flats' layouts - inside the flat there is a kitchen and window that occupies the same space that Meg's kitchen occupies.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still only on the 120s - Meg has just moved into her new flat which everyone seems to think is smaller than her 'unit' but to me looks much bigger? And the whiney next door neighbour Gail Summers has just been put inside for bashing her kid.

Gail's flat is blatantly a set re-dress of Meg's, and seems to exist in some weird fifth dimension... her front door is opposite Meg's, but this contradicts both flats' layouts - inside the flat there is a kitchen and window that occupies the same space that Meg's kitchen occupies.

Gail Summers would almost certainly make my Top 10 Worst Characters in Prisoner list, were I to make one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye bye Mary Adler:cry:

And Randi Goodlove:(

And Tracey Dixon ?????????????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Gail Summers would almost certainly make my Top 10 Worst Characters in Prisoner list, were I to make one

That's a good idea, I'm going to do that (got a bit of time on my hands)

10 worst characters ( although not necessarily just the characters it could be because of the acting)

1. Tina Murray
    2. Erica Davidson
    3. Marty Jackson (original)
    4. Jenny Hartley
    5. Doreen Burns
    6. Minnie Donovan
    7. Gail Summers
    8. Nancy Mccormick ( although I like the actress)
    9. Marty Jackson (last)
    10. Maxine Daniels.

I'm sure I've missed some out.

Top 10 characters

10. Sonia Stevens.
    9. Tammy Fisher ( sorry I loved Tammy)
    8. Vera Bennett.
    7. Chrissie Latham.
    6. Lizzie Birdsworth.
    5. Lexie Patterson.
    4. Jim Fletcher.
    3. Lou Kelly.
    2. Reb Keane.
    1. Joan Ferguson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a quite well-reasoned and funny list of the 50 worst characters in Prisoner:

http://alternativesoapforums.co.uk/worstfiftypartone.html

(Have to agree with number one I'm afraid)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would be my No 1 as well. I think Meg Morris would be No 2, but it will take some thinking to work out the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    That's a good idea, I'm going to do that (got a bit of time on my hands)

10 worst characters ( although not necessarily just the characters it could be because of the acting)

1. Tina Murray
    2. Erica Davidson
    3. Marty Jackson (original)
    4. Jenny Hartley
    5. Doreen Burns
    6. Minnie Donovan
    7. Gail Summers
    8. Nancy Mccormick ( although I like the actress)
    9. Marty Jackson (last)
    10. Maxine Daniels.

I'm sure I've missed some out.

Top 10 characters

10. Sonia Stevens.
    9. Tammy Fisher ( sorry I loved Tammy)
    8. Vera Bennett.
    7. Chrissie Latham.
    6. Lizzie Birdsworth.
    5. Lexie Patterson.
    4. Jim Fletcher.
    3. Lou Kelly.
    2. Reb Keane.
    1. Joan Ferguson.

yay, a Prisoner top 10.:D

top 10 worst

1. Susie Driscoll
    2. Wally Wallace
    3. Reb Keane
    4. Maxine Daniels
    5. Ken Pearce
    6. Vivienne Williams/Caroline Simpson
    7. Michelle Parks
    8. Myra Desmond
    9. Ros Coulson
    10. Meg Morris

top 10 best -

1. Erica - I loved Erica, ridiculous B-movie style acting and fabulous hair.
    2. Marie Winter - f##k Bea Smith, this is how a top dog should be, hard as nails.
    3. Noline Burke - WOW!!:p special mention to her top skank daughter Leanne too.
    4. Lizzie Birdsworth - well, bugger me gently!:p
    5. Vera - has there ever been a more complexed character. Extra marks for seeing her all doled up with nowhere to go, poor Vinegar.:p
    6. Dr. Kate Peterson - psycho bitch from hell. Truly terrifying. :p
    7. Lil Stokes -my favourite 'heavy'. Shame the poor cow rarely got to say anything.
    8. Joyce Barry - inept, scatterbrain screw.
    9. Helen Smart - shit, lacklustre storyline? throw that tart Smart back in the nick and cheer us up a bit. :p
    10. Bea Smith - ok, not my favourite top dog and a bit self righteous bitch but it would be impossible to have a Prisoner top 10 without her and things soon begin to fall apart when she's not around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a quite well-reasoned and funny list of the 50 worst characters in Prisoner:

http://alternativesoapforums.co.uk/worstfiftypartone.html

(Have to agree with number one I'm afraid)

Thanks for that, haven't seen it before. How could I have forgotten Phil Cleary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, haven't seen it before. How could I have forgotten Phil Cleary.

On my list of worst I mean not best obvs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »

top 10 worst

1. Susie Driscoll
    2. Wally Wallace
    3. Reb Keane
    4. Maxine Daniels
    5. Ken Pearce
    7. Michelle Parks
    8. Myra Desmond
    9. Ros Coulson
    10. Meg Morris

top 10 best -

2. Marie Winter - f##k Bea Smith, this is how a top dog should be, hard as nails.
    5. Vera - has there ever been a more complexed character. Extra marks for seeing her all doled up with nowhere to go, poor Vinegar.:p
    7. Lil Stokes -my favourite 'heavy'. Shame the poor cow rarely got to say anything.
    9. Helen Smart - shit, lacklustre storyline? throw that tart Smart back in the nick and cheer us up a bit. :p
    10. Bea Smith - ok, not my favourite top dog and a bit self righteous bitch but it would be impossible to have a Prisoner top 10 without her and things soon begin to fall apart when she's not around.

Strangely enough, I really liked Susie Driscoll. She missed my Top 10, but would probably make my Top 15.

I'd also prefer to keep Viv Williams and Caroline Simpson as separate entities. Viv was basically a gormless zombie, but once they shipped her off to the funny farm, Caz Simpson became a decent standalone character, I enjoyed her relationship with Jim Fletcher (who is in my Top 10 btw)

As for your faves, I have a couple that match (including my all time favourite, Vinegar Tits). I do however feel Marie Winter is massively overrated, by no means a bad character but she was all mouth little action a lot of the time. Also not a fan of Joyce Barry, while you see her bumbling ineptness as endearing, I merely find it annoying.

I don't really care too much for Helen Smart, I think it was those daft comedy accents she did that annoyed me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

top 10 worst

1. Susie Driscoll
    2. Wally Wallace
    3. Reb Keane
    4. Maxine Daniels
    5. Ken Pearce
    7. Michelle Parks
    8. Myra Desmond
    9. Ros Coulson
    10. Meg Morris

top 10 best -

Oh gosh I loved Lil Stokes, she never could decide what team she was on, one minute bashing everyone up, then helping Bea, then bashing Be a with Nola
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Erica too... the perfectly laquered hair... the ridiculously posh accent which becomes almost a shriek when she gets angry (especially when dressing down Vera)... the almost perfect recovery after botching a line of dialogue... the catchphrases "Very well", "That is all"...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Oh gosh I loved Lil Stokes, she never could decide what team she was on, one minute bashing everyone up, then helping Bea, then bashing Be a with Nola

if there was bashin' to be done, Lil would always be there, Gord bless 'er.:p
    I love Erica too... the perfectly laquered hair... the ridiculously posh accent which becomes almost a shriek when she gets angry (especially when dressing down Vera)... the almost perfect recovery after botching a line of dialogue... the catchphrases "Very well", "That is all"...

LOL, she was the best. I particularly enjoyed her coy love scene - no tongues, she was a lady. :p
  • RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I've been having a rewatch recently...started randomly part way through. Now, I've read a lot about the Barnhurst 5 and it's mostly been bad, and I've never really though that they were as rotten as folks make out....this time through however...they are starting to wind me up. Nora and Willie particularly. It really does feel as though it's taken a nose dive with a loss of a lot of characters in quick succession and the Barnhurst lot being dumped in.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone here on Wentworth Forum?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. The next Prisoner dvd's have arrived, return of Reb, Lou Kellys riot, great stuff. I think I'll skip the first 20 or so episodes and get on to the good ones, and go back to the others later.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. The next Prisoner dvd's have arrived, return of Reb, Lou Kellys riot, great stuff. I think I'll skip the first 20 or so episodes and get on to the good ones, and go back to the others later.

haha mine have come to :)
  • Paully_CPaully_C Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    The first reviews of the brand new Australian reboot of Prisoner have just come out - and the critics are suggesting it's going to be a massive hit. Sounds like it's a LOT grittier and nastier than the original...

"Prisoner reboot a no-holds barred triumph."

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/box-seat/back-on-the-inside-prisoner-reboot-a-noholdsbarred-triumph-20130228-2f8z0.html

"No vaseline-lensed nostalgia trip - plot twists like Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-radio/foxtels-prisoner-remake-wentworth-makes-underbelly-look-tame/story-e6frf9ho-1226587945774

"This is more Oz than Aus soap"

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/box-seat/back-on-the-inside-prisoner-reboot-a-noholdsbarred-triumph-20130228-2f8z0.html

Well that's ME officially excited. It'll never replace the original in my affections. But whilst I've got the DVDs of PCBH to go back and enjoy time and again, I'm definitely prepared to give the remake a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha mine have come to :)

It's a good day, I was going to watch them in order but instead I've gone ahead to when Cynthia Leach tells Joan that Reb will be returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if there was bashin' to be done, Lil would always be there, Gord bless 'er.: )

Yeah liked Lil, curse that Lassa fever.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paully_C wrote: »
    The first reviews of the brand new Australian reboot of Prisoner have just come out - and the critics are suggesting it's going to be a massive hit. Sounds like it's a LOT grittier and nastier than the original...

"Prisoner reboot a no-holds barred triumph."

"No vaseline-lensed nostalgia trip - plot twists like Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-radio/foxtels-prisoner-remake-wentworth-makes-underbelly-look-tame/story-e6frf9ho-1226587945774

"This is more Oz than Aus soap"

Well that's ME officially excited. It'll never replace the original in my affections. But whilst I've got the DVDs of PCBH to go back and enjoy time and again, I'm definitely prepared to give the remake a go.

Me too. I fail to understand why some hardcore PCBH fans are so against this.

Irrespective of how this new show plays out, we will always have the 692 episodes of the original series. That will never change.

I can't see the fuss, it brings the potential for new fans to go back and watch the original and I'm actually really keen now for it to start.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,206
    Forum Member
    I loved Erica too - she was the half way house between Vera and Meg

Liked Jim Fletcher as well - became a bit of a hard nut - but he softened, not to the point of ridicule, but overall a fair person

Also grew to like Coleen, basically a decent person, with a very dry sense of humour.

She went to out of character for me when she was trying to make Meg look bad, but redeemed herself with the way she dealt with Susie Driscoll, it was like a maternal part of character showing in a work environment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I loved Erica too - she was the half way house between Vera and Meg

Liked Jim Fletcher as well - became a bit of a hard nut - but he softened, not to the point of ridicule, but overall a fair person

Jim Fletcher was by far the best male character in it, in my opinion.