Doctor Who - Which is your fave companion?

xToniBxxToniBx Posts: 50
Forum Member
Trying to put up a poll...

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Jane Smith
    Peri
    Leela
    Romana 1
    Romana 2
    Nyssa
    Carla
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Song aka Melody Pond
    Rory Williams
    Amy Pond
    Jack Harkness
    Donna Noble
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leela
    Martha
    Romana 1
    Sarah
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah Jane Smith
    Leela
    Romana 1

Martha Jones
    Wilf
    River Song
  • Matt7Matt7 Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tegan
    Sarah Jane Smith
    Turlugh
    Donna
    Amy
    Rory
    Leela
    Peri
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them except for Rose in series 2 and series 4 and River Song
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Of New Who:

1. Martha
    2. Rory
    3. Wilf
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New series Doctor Who - Donna Noble, followed by Captain Jack Harkness, followed by Rose.

Classic Series Doctor Who - Romana II, followed by Nyssa of Traken, then Peri, then Ace. John Nathan Turner certainly chose the best actresses during his time as producer, with the exception of Bonnie Langford. She seemed to scream a lot and her acting was a bit off.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Mine is Romana 1 - stunningly beautiful, intelligent, graceful, a bit snobby, wore some great outfits.....
    I liked the dynamic between her and the Doctor, that she was slightly smarter than he was, but she was also naive and somewhat sheltered in comparison to the Doctor's experience and worldly wisdom.

I've always been fascinated when the Doctor has a 50/50 equal relationship with some give and take, rather than simply babysitting them.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary Tamm was good as Romana wasn't she? I was amazed that she only did one season. Shame! :(

I am VERY glad Lalla Ward replaced her, and that Graham Williams (producer at the time, just before JNT) and the rest of the team didn't write Romana out totally after Mary left. She's stunningly beautiful, and acted well.

I'm sad that she went just before Tom left and was only there for just under two seasons. I would have loved her to have stayed until after Peter Davison's Doctor came along. I think there would have been some funny scenes going on. But anyway,

I liked her best in the white scarf and pink coat. :cool:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4100000/Romana-pics-romana-ii-4104921-1024-768.jpg

Here is a tribute clip of both Romana's from YouTube. I like watching this a lot. Just goes to show how good Romana actually was, in both incarnations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6NSSNc6RE