Panasonic TXL32E5B - SCART Switching

I have a hard disk video recorder connected to AV1 using the SCART adaptor lead. When the recorder wakes up to record a programme, the TV auto-switches to that input. I remember this behaviour from my earlier TV but it's not what I want now. Can I turn off auto-switching on this input?

Richard

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably. It's likely to be a function in the recorder that needs to be changed. Check your manual.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Probably. It's likely to be a function in the recorder that needs to be changed. Check your manual.

It's most likely a Humax recorder?, Humax don't have the slightest clue how SCART is supposed to work, which is why theirs works in such a stupid way, which can't be disabled.

The 'solution' is to cut pin 8 off the SCART lead, which then requires manual selection to watch the recorder. Or buy a make that can design a recorder properly!.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol :D
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    It's most likely a Humax recorder?, Humax don't have the slightest clue how SCART is supposed to work, which is why theirs works in such a stupid way, which can't be disabled.

The 'solution' is to cut pin 8 off the SCART lead, which then requires manual selection to watch the recorder. Or buy a make that can design a recorder properly!.

Doesn't pin 8 also control the widescreen switching?
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »

Well remembered LOL

its about +ve 6 volts sets the TV to normal 16 : 9
    and about +ve 12 volts sets the TV to the 4 : 3 picture format
    zero voltage should allow the TV to go back to the previous source but some odd designed TV's stick on AV and have to be forced back to TV from the remote
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »

So does a button on the handset - the lesser of two evils! :D

There's also WS switching on the teletext lines, so assuming the box and TV both do that it will still switch fine.

I notice the OP hasn't been back, so we're only assuming it's a Humax box - the only boxes I've seen which implement SCART incorrectly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the responses.
    Rich57 wrote: »
    My first LCD TV is less than a week old and I love the picture. It also enables me to connect what I want. However, there are a few (minor) issues that I'd like to clear up.

2) SCART auto-switching

a) Topfield TF5800 recorder (Toppy)

Here's a relevant extract from my previous thread.

I've checked the Toppy manual, but will now check the Toppy forum.