PRO CYCLING 2013 FANTASY COMP (starts 22nd Jan. 2013)

dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To join the comp. please go to

http://fantasy.road.cc/

League Name : DS PRO CYCLING 2013
ID : 76131

First race is the Tour Down Under (22th Jan)

Good Luck:)

Comments

• dean michaeldean michael Posts: 29,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team picked for the First Stage. Quite tough picking my nine riders with the budget allocated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stage 1: Prospect to Lobethal
    Tue Jan 22 2013

Stage 2: Mt Barker to Rostrevor
    Wed Jan 23 2013

Stage 3: Unley to Stirling
    Thu Jan 24 2013

Stage 4: Modbury to Tanunda
    Fri Jan 25 2013

Stage 5: McLaren Vale to Old Willunga Hill
    Sat Jan 26 2013

Stage 6: Adelaide City Council Street Circuit
    Sun Jan 27 2013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Players so far : 2

dean michael
    North East Titans
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The basics

You pick a team of nine riders to compete in various races over the year. You score points based on how well they do over the season. You can change your team along the way to pick the best riders for the different races.

Getting started

First, you need to register on road.cc, if you haven't already. Then you'll need to come back to the game and set up your team. If you're logged in to the main site, the game should set your account up automatically. You can choose a team name when you first log in, and you can change it at any time by clicking on [my account] in the top bar when you're logged in.

Your team and different types of rider

Your team consists of nine riders. The riders in the game are classified as star riders and domestiques. You can pick any nine riders within your game budget of 150 credits, but only two riders from any one team.

The star riders are the stars of the professional teams. They fall into four categories:
    •General Classification (GC) riders are the ones best equipped to do well overall in the longer, multi-stage races. They tend to be good at everything, with an emphasis on climbing and time trialling, which are the disciplines that allow you to gain most time over your rivals in a big tour.
    •Sprinters (PC, or Points Classification) are the men to back on flat stages where there's likely to be a bunch sprint.
    •Climbers (KM, or King of the Mountains) will come to the fore on the hilly stages.
    •All rounders (AR) are good at everything. They're certainly capable of winning individual tour stages, and one-day races.

The Domestiques (DS)are the workhorses of the peloton. Their role is to support the star riders from their team. They also tend to make up the breakaway groups that are a feature of all professional bike racing.

How a rider's type and value is calculated

Each rider is classified and valued for a competition based on their game scores from the past 12 months. Their values are weighted based on the type of competition; for example sprinters will be more expensive in competitions with a high proportion of flat stages.

The basic classification criteria are:
    •GC – top ranked riders to 60% or more points from high mountain stages, summit finishes and individual time trials
    •PC – highly ranked riders with 60% or more points from flat stages
    •KM – highly ranked riders with 50% or more points from high mountain stages and summit finishes
    •AR – other highly ranked riders

Rider values are calculated from a rider's ranking based on their weighted score for a competition. All the riders from the participating teams in a competition are considered. The highest possible value is 40 credits and the lowest is 3 credits.
  • Chappers67Chappers67 Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Team selected, applied to league..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Players so far : 3

dean michael
    North East Titans
    Chappers67

Good Luck:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transfers available: unlimited up to the First Stage

Transfer deadline: Tue Jan 22 2013, 2130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewers in the UK can catch live coverage of all six stages on Sky Sports HD during the race.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    signed up, will pick team at weekend. The Tour down under field this year looks rather good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers fluffed looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Players so far : 4

dean michael
    North East Titans
    Chappers67
    fluffed up

Good Luck :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to pick your team before the first stage on Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Transfers available: unlimited up to the First Stage

Transfer deadline: Tue Jan 22 2013, 2130

Tour Down Under - stage deadlines update

Just a quick note to say that the deadlines on the Tour Down Under have been amended - the game was adding the time difference on to the deadline rather than taking it off. Oops!

The deadline for the first stage is 0030 on Tuesday 22nd January, not 2130 as previously stated. The other deadlines have been similarly moved. Apologies for the mix up.

Head to fantasy.road.cc to manage your team.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did join this during the night last night, had the initial email but nothing more, hopefully will get it tomorrow to pick the team in the evening. I wasn't asked for a password and presume they email me one so assume too I cannot log in yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did join this during the night last night, had the initial email but nothing more, hopefully will get it tomorrow to pick the team in the evening. I wasn't asked for a password and presume they email me one so assume too I cannot log in yet?

Try and go back on the site and ask for a new password
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the first stage starts in the early hours of Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget the first stage starts in the early hours of Tuesday.

Still not had the email, even tried having one resent. Will have another go when I get home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it an American game? Maybe they're just waking up now and will process them.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Road.cc is a UK site but they process new members by hand, so can be unlucky..

Done my team, looking forward to racing again, instead of seeing LA's stupid face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All good, I'm in.

Schleck looks in unusual company with his 3.4 value and last page of riders.

Tough to pick and haven't analysed the scoring rules & transfers fully. Wanted Goss but had to sacrifice him - and kept a few places clear of sprinters for later in the week, as it seems to be only two transfers a day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Players so far : 5

dean michael
    North East Titans
    Chappers67
    fluffed up
    BRECHIN WIND

Good Luck
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standings after Stage 1 of the Tour Down Under
    1)dean michael : 86pts
    2)Brechin Wind : 78pts
    3)fluffed up : 73pts
    4)Chappers67 : 38pts
    5)North East Titans : 0pt

dean michael leads after stage 1;)

Stage 2 starts in the early hours of Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 23 January - Stage two: Mt Barker to Rostrevor - 116.5km
    An intriguing prospect, stage two could see an attacking rider prosper with a steep climb placed just 7km from home. The day begins looping south out of Mt Barker before heading up to Hahndorf for a lap of the surrounding area. The route continues north where all eyes will be on the drag up Corkscrew Road. Sprinters teams will need to shepherd their protected riders over the climb before a downhill chase into Rostrevor.

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1 HD from 0130 to 0330 with highlights at 0830-1030 (SS4), 1500-1700 (SS3), 1830-1900 (SS4), 2130-2200 (SS3).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standings after Stage 2 of the Tour Down Under
    1)dean michael : 159pts
    2)Fluffed up : 96pts
    3)Brechin Wind : 87pts
    4)Chappers67 : 43pts
    5)North East Titans : 3pts

Stage 3 starts in early hours of Thursday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday 24 January - Stage three: Unley to Stirling - 139km

Another bunch sprint looks likely on stage three with the focal point being a circuit around Stirling. The riders tackle an early KOM at Mount Barker Road before passing through the start area for the first time. Six anti-clockwise laps should shake things out before a climb up to the line. That should prove manageable for the fast men ahead of a sprint for home.

Live coverage on Sky Sports 1 HD from 0200 to 0400 with highlights at 0830-1030 (SS4), 1500-1700 (SS3), 1830-1900 (SS4), 2130-2200 (SS4).